Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Join the Club
1st September, 1888 — Staff Table

Connie didn’t think she had ever been so glad in all her years to see the stones of the Great Hall glowing in the candlelight and filled with the chatter of students old and new. This summer had shook her nerves far more than she liked to let on – there was a reason the hat had considered every house but Gryffindor for her – and though she sometimes found the headmaster’s rule at the castle granite-like, for now she was rather glad of the structure.

Though she highly doubted that feeling would survive till the end of the week.

“Can you pass the wine please?” She asked of her nearest neighbour, finishing off her first glass and quickly deciding on a second. Smiling in thanks as the jug was handed to her she immediately, and embarrassingly, dropped the whole thing over herself and her neighbour when Peeves’ head popped out of the rim, blew a raspberry in her face and flew off cackling.

Bastard.

“I don’t suppose you have a spare napkin?” She inquired drily.

Open to any Hogwarts staff member.

[Image: jGi0wPk.png]
MJ made me beautiful
It was nice to see the hall full of students again. While the quiet of their absence often left him with more time to work on his spells, it did also wear on one. Now the chatter filled the hall, rising up into the starry ceiling above them. Beside him sat his fellow staff members, their company much prefered for company than that which awaited him at home. Even if they didn’t always see eye to eye. Many of them he even remembered from their own student days. Like the matron of Slytherin, Miss Sykes.

At the request for wine Ellsworth chipperly responded with a “Certainly.” As he handed her the jug. Moments later the pair of them were wearing the red liquid as if it were the latest fashion, Peeves zoomed away cackling. Some things never changed, Ellsworth thought with an amused shake of his head.

Miss Sykes, I feel like that would be quite inadequate for this situation." He began cheerfully. "If you will allow me?” He reached into the pockets of his robe and withdrew his wand, he knew just the right charm to fix this situation.

If one wanted something charmed away Connie couldn’t think of anybody more suited to doing it than the charms professor himself, even if it was far from a tricky feat. Still, she already felt a fool for letting Peeves get to her again – she really was beginning to feel personally victimised – so no doubt her run of bad luck would continue with her wand exploding in her face.

“Much obliged Professor,” she replied with a small smile. “I swear Peeves will be the end of me one of these days.”

MJ made me beautiful
Not to worry, not to worry.” Ellsworth waved away her thanks not in least bit perturbed by the events of the past few moments. With a wave of his wand and a quick nonverbal charm that Ellsworth had perfected in his youth while experimenting with such things, the dark red wine had all but vanished. “Cleaning spells, handing it seems for more than just staff.” Ellsworth explained with a chuckle incase she should fret at whatever charm he had just cast might have a malicious intent.

As he settled back in to his quite delicious plate of food before him, only a bit soggy for the incident with the wine (it did add an nice flavor), Ellsworth chuckled at her comment. “I do believe you are not the first to say that, nor the last I’m sure.” He bit into the candied carrots with a smile. He’d always had a fondness for carrots - even wine soaked ones. “It wouldn’t surprise me if that were his intent, if you’ll allow me to be frank.” Despite the seriousness of his words, his eyes crinkled merrily and smile crooked the edges of his lips

The mere thought that Peeves might have singled her out for a personal vendetta was so immediately distressing that Connie reached for the wine jug to her left and poured herself a fresh glass. If she was even going to entertain the notion then she was going to need something to make it more bearable as, given how many times she had fallen prey to his japes in the last few years, she was not hopeful of getting out of this year unscathed.

“Is there no way to be rid of him Professor?” It had crossed her mind before of course, but quite how they would manage it she didn’t know. “I doubt even the Headmaster would object to that course of action.”

MJ made me beautiful
In the eight decades that Ellsworth had taught at Hogswarts no one seemed to have managed to rid themselves of Peeves. Ellsworth didn't mind his antics to be perfectly honest. Although he did have his moments of interrupting classes that Ellsworth did find annoying from time to time. But he'd simply become an accustom to it.

"Ah, spirits seems to like to wander where they land. Although, perhaps one day the Spirit Division at the ministry might devise something to do the trick." Ellsworth put forth thoughtfully, pausing to take a bite of ham from his plate and follow it with a sip of wine. "Although I think we might find if that were to happen that we miss his antics."

There were a number of subjects upon which Connie was more than happy to listen to the wisdom of her elders, but the very thought that she might miss Peeves was so ludicrous it nearly drove Connie to fits of hysterics. Only her deep seated respect for the Professor prevented her from doing so, though it was a very close call.

“I’m sure you’re right Professor,” she replied amicably, lying through her teeth and taking a sip of wine to cover her grimace. “I swear he was never so bad when I was a student, though perhaps I just don’t remember as clearly as I used to,” she took a sip of wine, not intending to emphasise the reason for her point but doing so nevertheless.

MJ made me beautiful
Ellsworth chuckled, “I don’t think he seems so bad to students in general. They’re always looking for a break from courses, at least if I recall my own school days well enough.” Ellsworth admitted fondly. He could still remember Peeves flooding the Potion Master's room during finals week and postponing the potions final long enough for himself and his classmates to actually attempt to study. “Surely, it was much the same for you.” He grinned at her, his eyes twinkling merrily as if this were a secret they both shared.

Connie struggled to recall a single moment when she had ever felt anything other than contempt for the poltergeist so she opted for wine again rather than trying to reply with anything approaching agreement. Some of the professors were a slightly unknown quantity to her and one never knew how they would react to being disagreed with…

“Well, I like to think I was paying attention for some of my schooling,” she quipped with a small smile.

MJ made me beautiful
As do we all Miss Sykes, as do we all.” He mused with a chuckle. He had been rather a diligent student himself, but looking back at his schooling he was sure he could have been a tad more diligent here or there. “But alas, some of us fell a tad short. I like to think I’ve remedied that since those years.” He added merrily before he took another bite.

Connie smiled politely, not at all sure if the old man was joking or not and in no mood to put her position on the line to find out. It was always touch and go as to whether the headmaster would deign to care about anything at all but she thought insulting the venerable charms professor might force him to intervene if the educator was irate enough.

He seemed mostly placid to Connie, but one never did know.

“I think it’s safe to say your a credit to your schooling,” she replied carefully. “Ah, I think the headmaster is about to start his speech,” she noted, already internally groaning.

MJ made me beautiful

View a Printable Version