Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Open 
Morning, September 9th, 1888 — Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch

Eldin had, of course, been at quidditch tryouts that morning, and had found himself doing whatever Lestrange directed him to do (which, in this case, was not much, at least where the new recruits were concerned). Between quidditch and literally everything else - classwork, homework, club obligations, and prefect duties - Eldin was set to become a walking zombie around the school grounds, but had too much of a pride to admit as much. He'd decided that he wanted to become a healer after he graduated, which meant five whole classes - or it would have been five classes, had he not insisted he take Divination on top of his already-packed course load.

After letting the bludgers go loose, Eldin took to the sidelines, climbing up the stairs to the box where the majority of the day's onlookers were seated. He acknowledge the group as a whole with a smile and a nod before seating himself beside an unsuspecting student. Hopefully Lestrange wouldn't go looking for him anytime soon.

"Got a friend at tryouts?" he asked casually, casting a glance in their direction. "Or did you just come to watch?" Eldin felt that, even with semi-decent recruits, they would be able to defeat at least Gryffindor and Hufflepuff as the season progressed; compared to them, Slytherin had older and more experienced players. Ravenclaw, however, with Bingham and Rookwood and Vance, was a concern.

this MJ set was blessed by the heavens above
Post Log
Prudence had promised herself that she wouldn't attend the Slytherin tryouts. She'd been telling Leah all week that she wouldn't go. Seeing Lestrange again after their last confrontation would just be asking for trouble. The sixth year reminded herself of this as she went to every window in the Gryffindor tower that she could in hopes to see what was going on at the pitch that morning. As if bewitched, she just couldn't get it out of her mind. (She wasn't - she was just obsessed about winning the cup this year.)

Somehow~ she'd wrapped herself up in a cloak with the hood pulled over her face and slid out of her dorm right into the seating at the pitch. She'd just watch a bit and then leave. She ducked her head as she thought she saw her friend glance her way. Leah wouldn't understand her compulsion to be here - and she'd told her she wouldn't be. Gryffindors were supposed to keep their word!

"Hm?" She started, unaware that someone had sat by her and pulled her hood lower over her face. This meant that she couldn't see who it was that had sat next to her, aside from his knees, which helpfully were in green quidditch robes. Attempting to be incognito, she lowered her voice an octave, "Just watching." Typically, Pru would have prattled on and on - but that was the thing. She couldn't be herself right now. How humiliating would it be to get caught sussing out the competition? She bit her tongue, and it was one of the most unpleasant things she'd ever experienced.

[Image: xU9tKc.png]
set by Bee
Eldin wasn't sure who they were, but they were definitely weird. They were obviously female, which lent credence to his immediate impression that the cloak was a disguise rather than a sign of nefarious intentions; she was probably here watching her crush or something, which he knew girls did sometimes.

"You know, you don't have to be all mysterious," he hinted, leaning forward to try and peak around her cloak. "I'm not going to tell them." Whoever "them" was. "People come watch tryouts every year."

Post Log
Pru clutched the hood tighter around her face and ducked away from his advances. What a bother! She hardly believed that he wouldn't tell. Though she didn't know him without seeing his face, she at least knew he was a Slytherin. Slytherin's never kept their promises. Except for Leah. Leah could be trusted. This guy though? Definitely not.

"I'm not being mysterious," She told him with annoyance in her tone, "I'm simply cold. I'm sensitive to open air." To emphasize this, she gave a sniffle.

set by Bee
Eldin didn't buy any of her excuses, but wasn't so tactless as to call her out on them. Rather, he gave a little hum of agreement and leaned forward, resting his elbows against his knees. "So..." he started, glancing her way once more. "You never did told me who you came to watch." Everyone came to watch someone—especially girls.

Post Log
Pru scowled at his nosiness. Couldn't he just go away? She pulled at her hood more to hide her face from his view.

"Nobody. I just came to watch. I like quidditch," She told him with irritation, miffed that he didn't think a girl could be interested in quidditch for the sport itself. Like she would ever come here just to follow a boy around. Gross. She was here to scout the other team, not that he needed to know that. "Are you done investigating me now Mr. Auror or do you need to know my birthdate and blood type as well?"

set by Bee
The corner of his mouth tugged up into a half-smile at her denial. "Suuuure," he teased. "I'd buy a different cloak, though. Someone might think you're up to something." Eldin knew she was up to something, but found the entire situation too entertaining to tug back her hood and end the mystery once and for all.

Post Log