Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

The New Kid Revival
See Inside 
September 1st, 1888 — Gryffindor Table, Great Hal

Free from the confines of Godric's Hollow, there was now nothing stopping Cameron Gillenwater from enjoying himself. It was his third year - (could you believe it!?) - and he was fully prepared for the added responsibilities: new classes, new friends, and more time devoted to helping Miss Browne (who had been on the quidditch team only a little longer than him) rebuild the Gryffindor quidditch team by scouting out new recruits.

Tonight, though, he was worried about friends - both new and old - and enjoying the feast before his classes inevitably swallowed him whole. (He was still recovering his his awful Potions examination grade from last spring.) It was inevitable that quidditch found its way into the conversation, though, when one's friend group comprised almost entirely of other students who either played or appreciated the sport!

"I've promised to take Miss Bixby out to the pitch to practice for quidditch tryouts," he said, addressing the Gryffindors he already knew. "Are any of you lot planning on trying out, too? We've got one of every position open!" He was glad he at least had Miss Bell; despite their poor performance last year as an overall team, he rather thought they worked well together! "And Miss Browne's changed to beater - I knew she would!"

Open to 2-4 Gryffindor students in years 1-3!

brought to you by bee's wizardry
Post Log
Sloane was mildly relieved that this year she was simply allowed to go sit at the Gryffindor table with her friends with little fanfare. The Sorting itself was fun enough, but she was content to watch this year and cheer on her new housemates. She'd found Cameron first and easily enough, so had unceremoniously plopped herself beside him at dinner with a wide grin and a large appetite. For somebody so small and not lacking in nutrition, she was hungry. Maybe it was all the extra practice she'd tried to squeeze in over the last few days before classes started!

Humming along to the conversation and interjecting where appropriate, she was far more invested when the subject turned to quidditch. Sloane hadn't forgotten that Cameron had agreed to help her with some last minute tips before tryouts, but she was relieved to hear he'd remembered too! Nodding enthusiastically, she chirped, "I can't wait!" Truthfully though she hadn't known quite so many positions were open. It was going to be a building year for the team, that was for sure, especially if there were a lot of new people on the team. That wasn't a bad thing according to her dad, but it took a lot of hard work to turn it into a good season. Who knew, they may be lucky in the long run! The news that Miss Browne had moved to beater meant seeker was open and that was perfect for Sloane!

“We'll rise up and shine.”
♥ deep quote code by Soph || featuring avs by Nolan ♥

It was the start of a new school year and as excited as Sisse was for it she was still wondering just how time could have moved so quickly. It felt as if only a few months ago she had been standing in line with the nervous first years just waiting to be sorted. Now it was Henry's turn! Funny how it all worked out like that. There was definitely something to be said for entering the Great Hall already knowing where you would sit and who your friends were, something that made Sisse very grateful that she was now a second year.

Now she sat among her friends, happy to be catching up. She still was not nearly as interested in quidditch as her friends and had absolutely no intention of trying out for the house team, but the conversation was reassuringly them. "One of every position?" Sisse echoed with surprised. Matthew had tired of speaking to Sisse this summer and as such she hadn't heard much of his ramblings on the quidditch team. Well that and he seemed to side with her parents that perhaps she was interested in one to many non-lady like things (i.e. dueling and flying clubs) that quidditch talk was too non-lady like for her. "Sloane, are you planning on trying out for seeker?" As much as Sisse liked flying club, she knew she'd never get away with playing quidditch with her parents, nor was she likely to be any good. No she was there for her friends on this matter, not herself.

[Image: x5VH1p.png]
An amazing signature from Bee <3

A wide grin on his face, he leaned towards Miss Thompsett. "Of course she's planning on trying out. And I'm sure she'll get it, too - we need someone who's small, quick, and agile." He glanced towards Miss Bixby. "Anyways, I haven't heard of any older students being particularly interested in that position." Which made sense, given that everyone had assumed Miss Browne would remain seeker.

brought to you by bee's wizardry
Post Log
Sloane was so prepared to try out for seeker it was almost painful- actually it was, she'd spent far too much time on a broom lately than was any kind of appropriate, but she wanted that position so badly! Now that she knew it was indeed open (thank you Miss Browne!) she was going for that. "I'll do seeker and chaser, more positions the better." She'd be a lousy beater and was probably quick enough to try for keeper, but they were typically a lot taller than she currently was.

"I really want that seeker slot though, I've always played it." It was her best position and not even based on size (though that was a factor) she was fast. Even before she'd been allowed to play with her brothers she was zipping around the yard on her little broom, doing lap after lap trying to get faster and faster. "It'll be interesting to see who else shows up. I think there's a lot of lower years going for it." They might not have the best team this year if that was the case, but they would certainly only get better with time!

“We'll rise up and shine.”
♥ deep quote code by Soph || featuring avs by Nolan ♥