Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Questionable Friend/Crush for Philip Aymslowe.
When your mum thinks you're gay for your best friend (but you probably are)
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post 3+ times in three or more class threads during the course of a school year. Must all be done with the same character, be they a professor, student, or school portrait or ghost!
>
<

Throw Me a Lifejacket
Thank you.” Percy gave her a relieved smile as she let the topic of work drop. Of course with the promotion had come an increased pressure from Cat and Lissy to get married, but he had deftly (or not so deftly, depending on his own presence here) maneuvered around it. There was time enough to find a wife. Perhaps one day. He refused to just settled down because he was expected too. He wanted to have real feelings for the girl. Not just a good match as the family expected.

Percy could understand the sentiment precisely. He’d chafed the week he’d been stuck home with his injuries. He could only imagine how much worse it would have been if he had been stuck at home knowing he could have worked but unable to get to work. “As much as I like reading, that hardly seems like a month I’d want to repeat.” Percy gave her a small sympathetic smile. “Did you read anything especially good?

Percy hadn’t known she was musically inclined, his face showed surprise. “Oh? For the piano?” That was quite an impressive feat. “I didn’t know you played.” He added lamely a sheepish smile on his lips. He suspected there was a lot about Miss Beauregard that he did not know. “I’d love to hear it some time.” He added sincerely, hoping to smooth away some of his own awkwardness.

Wonderful set is a work of art from Lynn!
Under any other life circumstances, Elsie would have gladly spent an entire month reading. What more could a librarian want in life? However when there was something she desperately wanted to avoid in her own head, she needed the constant distraction of people and her work to keep her sane. It had been a long, long month indeed. "Nothing noteworthy I don't suppose. I was able to make  decent dent in the pile I'd been meaning to read for a while however." Elsie's list of books to read was long and constantly replenished, so that at least, felt like an accomplishment.

"I don't mention it often," The piano was something else she enjoyed doing by herself, for herself. Playing was soothing, it was cathartic, something to do to ease the body and mind at the same time. Music was magical that way. "But I do enjoy it." As for playing for others well, that wasn't always her favorite, though her mother did enjoy trying to show her off whenever they were entertaining. "Certainly, if the occasion ever arises." That would be a different story, though Elsie hadn't the faintest idea as to when or how that would happen.

Musing that over, Elsie almost let an awkward silence grow, catching herself just in time. "It's probably nothing very good, but composing is a wonderful challenge." She added after a moment.

[Image: xHD6EJ.png]