Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Of Shakespearean Proportions
I saw Othello last night an now I need more ongoing drama in my life. I offer the following characters for any non-lethal Shakespearean drama, including (but not limited to)...
  • Girl being "outed" as a hussy only to have it come to be revealed that she is not (Much Ado)
  • Jealousy within marriage egged on by an outside party with ulterior motives (Othello)
  • Secret marriage because family isn't into it (R&J)
  • Hostile takeover egged on by spouse (Macbeth), bonus points if seers are involved
  • Amortentia/Imperius nightmare of romantic entanglement (Midsummer Night)
  • Female poses as male valet for practical reasons, falls for employer AND a woman falls for "him" (Twelfth Night)
  • Ongoing gaslighting (Twelfth Night)
  • Two households, both alike in dignity, in fair Hogsmeade, where we lay our scene. From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, where civil blood makes civil hands unclean, BUT WITHOUT THE LOVE SUBPLOT (R&J)
  • Recognizing that a younger sister shouldn't be married before her elder and so a plot must be hatched because elder is too sassy for this (Taming of the Shrew)
  • Interracial (species?) elopement pissing off Daddy (Othello)
  • Having to grow up and face Adult Responsibilities in spite of your much older friend (who should know better) continuing to drag you out for drinks (I Henry IV)

Yeah. So. If any of these are of interest, I offer any of the characters to fulfill any role that it would be IC for them to do so.
Castor Allaway
Charles Jameshill
Cyrus Westerman
Desdemona Pettigrew
Elinor Goyle
Evelyn Abercrombie
Gervaise Ollivander
Hamish Darrow
Hannah Pettigrew
Lucius Lestrange (Anything involving powerplays, grudges, or disappointing children)
Maeve Connolly (Taming/Shrew?)
@"Odira Potter"
Roslyn Ross
Rufina Mulciber
Virginia Carmichael

The following 3 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Declan Wood, Elias Grimstone, Flora Mulciber

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
I'm not sure if I have characters that could fit a role in any of the plots you offered, but just know that I would be 120% stalking any of the ones you listed, especially the two households and female valet fuckery. If you have any specific ideas of how I can be involved, just lemme know because I'd offer my people in a heartbeat :P

I know I have a few connections from the characters you listed so they're available to be adjacent plot characters.

The following 1 user Likes Flora Mulciber's post:
   Aldous Crouch

(August 19, 2018 – 7:25 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  
  • Secret marriage because family isn't into it (R&J)
  • Hostile takeover egged on by spouse (Macbeth), bonus points if seers are involved
  • Amortentia/Imperius nightmare of romantic entanglement (Midsummer Night)

Fun fact, I adore the theatre. And drama.
  • Forbidden love you say? Secret marriage would be delightful if we can find to characters that could be a good match!
  • I can get Persephone involved if anyone needs a seer for hostile takeover drama.
  • Any of my single ladies would delightful for the amortentia/imperius plot (or married, if it works).
Ruins my character's lives for the fun of it.

Magic by Elaine!

I also don't know who I can offer or what to suggest but you know I'm into this. Will think on it.

A couple more options in the meantime just because:
  • Alternate crossdressing: Two girls run away together, one dresses as a man so they can pretend to be a couple for ~safety? (As You Like It)
  • Woman disguised as a man meets her beau/bf/crush, gets roped into giving him guy-to-guy courtship advice (As You Like It)
  • To piss off his/her family, [character] pretends to be mad. (Hamlet-lite)
  • (More a one-off event, but STILL) Someone gets stuck behind a curtain eavesdropping on some major secrets (Hamlet-lite)
    other one-off event: I would really love a fight to break out at a funeral

The following 3 users Like Elias Grimstone's post:
   Edric Umbridge, Elladora Black, Thistle Potts

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
I definitely wouldn't mind people being involved but, as seems to be the theme, I'm not sure who. So..I'll list my bitches that need things and maybe something could come of it?
Agrimony Macnair
Brendan Jennings
Clinton Podmore
David Pettigrew
Gideon Ollivander
Jameson Jewell
Louisa Lupin
Lycoris Dempsey
Marlowe Johnson
Nathaniel Herondale
Phoebe Yaxley
Raymond Beasley
Shawn Delaney
Una Walsh
Vivienne Tilcott

Another Glorious MJ Set!
[Image: xy6Q4W.png]
So... some vague ideas that you can maybe nudge into more concrete ideas?
  • That thing I skyped you about is STILL ON THE TABLE in whatever iteration ends up being reasonable.
  • I feel like the Jameshills have enough played presence and a colorful enough history that they'd make decent candidates for one of the "two households." If you find another bougie-MC family to play the others, I can sacrificially offer Lou for an inciting event to get the animosity started. Could be something that happened in the past, in the future, something that never happened but Family B thinks happened, whatever. I'm flex and always down for drama.
  • If Art is doing anything in the nearish future to make Dezzie doubt his fidelity (what did I hear in passing about a bender?) and Thom caught wind of it he would 1,000% encourage that notion and/or pave the path for her to leave him just because he dislikes Art that much sort of like the unreasonable obsession Iago has with ruining Othello's shit. If she was inclined to strike out on her own at some point but not financially able to do that he'd offer her some sort of management/exec level job at his company that seems glamorous enough to maybe make up for the lack of actual Quidditch playing in her future.
  • Connollys seem like a good choice for the Taming of the Shrew one but I don't and let's be honest probably never will understand their family tree well enough to make any actual suggestions. HOWEVER: I'll offer to have Ben knock up the younger sister to add a very distinct time crunch to this if you have a set of suitable sister somewhere in the tree and to give me shit to do with Ben.
  • Re:Amortentia Troubles, I could offer you J. Alfred Darrow Lupus Jameshill or Lyra Potter all of whom are their own different shades of inappropriate.
  • If Alfred decides he's going to be a Real Adult maybe re: things with Zelda Hamish could totally be his 'yo but drinks' relative, but that's less of a plot and more of just a thing that will probably happen anyway unless you have ideas about how to make it a plot in which case HMU.

And as always if you have any specific needs my folks could fill, let me know. I'm down for anything, generally speaking, those were just my vague ideas based on your list.

The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Devine's post:
   Aldous Crouch
I don't have any characters who I think will fit any of these. Unless you think Gilbert Whitechapel will fit in somewhere.

However! I'm planning on creating an adult female character in the near future, so, if you're really jonesin' for one of these dramas in particular, let me know, and I can create her with that in mind.

Also, I can't wait to read any of these.

The following 2 users Like Billie Farrow's post:
   February Umbridge, Ophelia Devine

[Image: gmun6e3.png]

MJ, yet again working her magic.  <3 <3 Thank you
- Could do Begonia Belby for the hussy thing
- I fucking love secret marriages. Have any of my single pringles for secret marriage.
- I offer Elliot Carmichael for the Greek chorus of Macbeth
- Tbh Fisks could work for two families. Or Brownes? #givesammorethreads

MJ made this!
R&J – Blacks and Lestranges would be amusing for the scale of it but probably too much played history to retcon. I can offer you Skeeters maybe? Barney could definitely have ignited a feud with some other well-off middle classes at some point and if it’s with the Fisks/Ross might add some Ministry drama?

Secret marriage <3 Hit me up about any of my singles.

Much Ado – I can offer assistance for proving innocence. Rufina being defended by Belle or, reluctantly, Elladora maybe? Or if it’s Elinor you know Morwenna will move heaven and earth for her.

On a Midsummer theme I would LOVE an Oberon and Titania themed plot in which a husband and wife/brother and sister/long term platonic bros have a dispute about something that escalates appallingly.

It worries me that Taming could be Marlena and Helga but that would only work if Gervaise’s fiancé was secretly Helga!

The following 2 users Like Elladora Black's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Edric Umbridge

Elladora-Sig
fabulous set by Lady <3
(August 20, 2018 – 6:05 PM)Elladora Black Wrote:  It worries me that Taming could be Marlena and Helga but that would only work if Gervaise’s fiancé was secretly Helga!

I'd also sacrifice Aldous if it was on this specific altar.

The following 3 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Edric Umbridge, February Umbridge, Marlena Scamander

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
(August 20, 2018 – 8:09 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  
(August 20, 2018 – 6:05 PM)Elladora Black Wrote:  It worries me that Taming could be Marlena and Helga but that would only work if Gervaise’s fiancé was secretly Helga!

I'd also sacrifice Aldous if it was on this specific altar.

Whatever ideas you might have, know I am 100% down for a Marlena/Helga thing.

set by MJ!
Count me in on whatever you can think of! Pretty much every one is fair game.

Also love the idea of fueding families! Would love to be included in this.

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
My lovely Viola (metamorthamagi lady valet) was written for the 12th night but the plot never got much traction if there was interest in someone to play a guy for her to fall for or a lady to crush on 'Boy-Viola'. Id bring her back.

and Benevolence Montague was created for a rival florist plot that never got off the ground as the other person left.

[Image: IqdY1tT.png]
Look what MJ did!!

View a Printable Version