Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Carson Bixby for Sloane Bixby. You can take the middle-aged man out of quidd—oh, apparently you can't.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Passing Through a Screen Door
Private 
March, 1882 - Johannesburg, South Africa
An escape artist's son
Sun-drenched pavement in my blood

Her suitcase was packed and she was going to leave him. All of her clothes folded into it, and a great deal of currency as well, the leftovers of her allowances and money she had found in various hiding-places around the house. It was easy enough to figure out the password to a safe when it belonged to someone you were sleeping with; she had known it for months, and quietly tested the lock every so often, especially once she had started sleeping with Kai. She was going to leave him, and she was as ready as she was ever going to be. But she could not leave him until the middle of the - she was going to steal away, leave a note - and Max couldn't find out before then. If he did, well - he would never let her leave when there was the possibility she was carrying his child. (Although he did not know it yet, Max was among other things, very clever. He could read a room.)

So she had to be normal. Not standoffish normal, as she so often was, but pleasant-wife-normal. Or - something. Nicky, a typically excellent actress, had no blueprints for this interaction. She had never left him before, although she had rehearsed it in her head, playing it out in countless ways while he talked about his diamond mines and she felt guilty by association. (Truth be told - if it was not for the baby, probably Kai's baby, she would stay.)

She slipped into Max's office and smirked at him, a classic Nicky De Vries expression, and settled in to sit on a corner of the desk. "Mrs. Theunissen told me they're having a dinner next week," Nicky said, in English, by means of starting a conversation, "So I think you were right - he's either interested in buying or selling one of his mines." Mrs. Theunissen was, among other things, a bitch, and liable to poke fun at Nicky's accent in Afrikaans when given the chance. Her husband was nearly as bad at business as Max's father. Hopefully distracting her husband with his diamonds would prevent him from looking too closely.

She was going to leave him, and soon. The thrill of it had her heart thumping in her chest.

Hi play my estranged husband for maximum drama
Nicky has been out of the UK since 1881; you probably don't recognize her, but talk to me if you think your character might!
She is currently living in the Three Broomsticks, pretending to be a middle class Afrikaner from South Africa.