Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Carson Bixby for Sloane Bixby. You can take the middle-aged man out of quidd—oh, apparently you can't.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Public Opinion
Private 
August 6th, 1888 — Director's Office, Hogsmeade Hospital

Lyra was, truth be told, rather disappointed when the fog had lifted. It hadn't exactly been a net positive for her cause — the community being more suspicious of things in general, and of vampires in particular, hadn't done her or her colleagues any favors — but it had definitely had its perks. Being able to move freely without the precautions of wrapping oneself up like an Asian princess was certainly nice, and the fact that no one could use magic — well. Even coming from her own heavily magical background, Lyra could well understand the distrust many vampires had of those who could wield wands. The stakes of any conversation were much higher when both parties possessed the casual ability to kill the other, with very little effort.

But it had been inevitable, she knew — the fog was hardly going to last forever — and over the past few days the general chaos of the town seemed to have subsided somewhat, as well. Healers who had been unable to come to work due to the lack of floo were back, and those who had been rendered impotent by a lack of magic were useful once again. Her time at the hospital was drawing short.

That morning she had checked in with the director's secretary to see what his schedule held for the day, then made a note to come back when it seemed he would have time to talk, however briefly. She hadn't had many direct interactions with Director Keene, but he had been the one to hire her, so she felt she owed it to him, for the sake of professionalism, to tender her resignation personally.

If the secretary was surprised by her request, she did a good job of hiding her feelings, and politely showed her into the office. "Forgive the intrusion, sir," Lyra began, with a slight curtsey. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I only wanted a moment of your time."

because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me — the Carriage held but just Ourselves — and Immortality.
The days following the dissipation of the fog were like one like sigh or relief in which Baxter finally got a decent night's sleep. Previously he felt like he was running on maybe four or five hours at best and it was starting to wear on him. Lack of magic in a magical hospital rendered them almost useless in some wards. Communicating between Mercy and St. Mungos's for supplies and support had been a logistical nightmare, not to mention emergencies they couldn't handle on their own without magic.

It was all, thankfully over, most everybody having survived the mishap no worse for the wear, Baxter himself included. It had been a long time since he'd rolled up his sleeves and done rounds, but when they lacked staff, equipment and sometimes know-how, they had to use every available resource and that included him.

He was, thankfully, back behind his desk catching up on the mountains of paperwork and correspondence, thoroughly relieved for the normalcy of the day. The knock at his partially open door brought him out of a haze of reading, only to find his secretary showing Miss Potter in. "Of course, not a interrupting at all, I believe my eyes will go blurry if I read another case summary." That wasn't far from the truth of it either. "How can I help you?" He motioned for her to take a seat at one of the chairs opposite his desk.

“Maybe we found love right where we are”

deep quote code by Soph ♥