Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Carson Bixby for Sloane Bixby. You can take the middle-aged man out of quidd—oh, apparently you can't.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Home Again
Private 
August 2nd, 1888 - Hogsmeade Station
It had been so long since Acacia had been home. It had felt like even longer than it had been! Spending time with her friends had been fun, but she missed her family. The train ride even seemed long. A good book couldn't even help. There was the plus of being able to paint plenty of unique art pieces while she was away. Now she would be able to show them to her family. Chrysanta may not take much of an interest, but she hoped that Orinda and father would.

Getting off of the train, she took a look at the Hogsmeade that she remembered. Absent of the fog that her family had been trapped in, it felt like home. Then she spotted them. Her family was there waiting for her. Running over in excitement, she almost dropped her luggage on the way in her excitement. Giving each of them a hug, she smiled brightly. Each were given greeting in turn. Last, but never least, was Orinda. Her youngest living sibling. "It's good to see you as well, Orinda." She said joyfully.

Orinda Ruskin

Magic by MJ!
[Image: pbH8Qz.png]
[Image: IyGtyD.png][Image: fbG6udO.png]
[Image: uZwWyBq.jpg]
It was finally time. They had left for the train station what felt like ages ago and when they finally arrived, Orinda had sat there on a bench, swinging her legs as they barely grazed the stone beneath her and she waited. And waited. And waited. Finally they could hear the whistle of a train coming and she knew it just had to be Acacia. Ever since Dunstan's death, Orinda had latched onto her oldest sister as much as possible and since they were both Ravenclaws, it was easier than it was to bond with Chrysanta since she was a Slytherin and in a completely different dormitory.

So the last several weeks without her oldest sibling was torturous. She'd comforted herself with the knowledge that the fog surely wouldn't last forever and she'd penned several letters she'd never sent. Why? She didn't know.

So when Orinda spotted her sister climbing off the train, she leapt up and all but bounced in place. "Papa, she's here!" she caroled, waving excitedly at her sister as she took off towards them. She wanted nothing more than to fling her arms around Acacia and as soon as she stopped and made her greetings to the rest of the family, that is exactly what she did. "Acacia!" she squealed, her arms tightly squeezing the eldest child.
Acacia had always been the mothering sort to her siblings. Especially after mother left. In a way, she took responsibility for them. She had made it a habit to keep an eye on all of her siblings. It had been easier to keep an eye on Orinda once she had been sorted in Ravenclaw as well. She had been quite proud to have her little sister in the same house as her.

Lack of letters from each of her siblings had caused her a bit of worry. Rumors of chaos in Hogsmeade had caused tension for her. Worrying constantly over if her family was safe had done little to make her stay in the resort pleasant.

Well, watching her youngest sister become so excited warmed her heart. Feeling a bit crushed by a hug, she didn't mind. Patting her head gently, she smiled down at the fellow red head. "How have you been? I do hope things weren't as chaotic as rumor had made it out to be." She asked.

Magic by MJ!
"Oh Acacia!" Orinda squeaked, "Do you really want to hear about us? I warn you, it's pretty boring!"

Then, taking a deep breath, Orinda started in on a tirade about how boring the fog had made things and that she hadn't even had time to go out with friends because some still thought she was weird because she was a half-vampire and that without her sister there it was just about as awful as could be. Chrysanta was ignoring her all the time, she missed Hogwarts even though she was going to have to repeat a school year because she'd missed out on so much thanks to the ban last year and that things without Dunstan were still weird.

It was when she saw her father's face grow pensive at the mention of her brother that Orinda quieted. "Sorry Papa," She said sweetly, reaching over to squeeze his palm. "Anyways," she said brightly, "Acacia, how are you? Please tell me all about what it was like to be stuck outside the fog. Did you try to come back in? Was it hard? I know people tried to go outside the fog here and last I heard no one had made it out. And then, all of a sudden, it was like the sun came out and the fog just dissipated. How did you hear about it going away? Was there someone waiting to tell you all about it?"
Watching her sister go on into a rant made her smile. She guided her little sister to start walking as she talked. Not wanting to get in the way of others going to and from the train. Boring was music to Acacia's ears. Boring was far better than dangerous. "I'm sure the rumors will lessen eventually. They're just nervous due to the vile rumors that were circling last summer. Several of my friends have been quite supportive. Perhaps you can spend time with us during school." She reassured.

The mention of Chrysanta ignoring her made Acacia look over with a raised eyebrow. Wasn't it clear last summer that this wasn't how family should act? Especially with everything had they had been through? It wasn't easy for any of them, shutting each other out was certainly not going to help. They each deserved better.

Sadness entered her eyes, and she gave a sympathetic look to father. It was quite hard. The image of Dunstan... of him passing... it wasn't easy to keep from her mind. She was distracted by her sister as the youger red head kept talking. "I am fine. I have missed you all so much. Most of my time was spent with the other girls that were stuck out of Hogsmeade due to the fog. I let the Ministry do their job and stayed out of the way, so I couldn't really try to get back." She responded, trying her best to keep up with the questions. Such a talkative young girl.

"The Daily Prophet had been out early in the morning. So Mr. Fudge had arranged for us to be able to head home as soon as possible. After all, I wasn't the only one who was missing their family." She added, patting her sister's shoulder softly. It was good to be home.

Magic by MJ!