Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Carson Bixby for Sloane Bixby. You can take the middle-aged man out of quidd—oh, apparently you can't.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Such Pretty Toys
August 5th, 1888 — Denbright's Toys

Although she had always been magical, something about the atmosphere in Denbright's made Orinda happier than almost anywhere else. The toys were almost alive with the magic infused in them, and the bright colors surrounded her. A fake bird flew around her and Orinda giggled with glee. She was looking for something particular, something to enchant her sister since she'd finally been able to come back to Hogsmeade after the fog dissipated. She had no idea what Acacia would be interested in, but Orinda knew that she'd know it as soon as she saw it.

Looking around, Orinda wandered from place to place inside the store and finally laid her hands on an enchanted puzzle whose colors changed according to how the puzzle was held. Turning around, she looked up at someone nearby and tugged on his sleeve. There was a petite girl beside him and she looked familiar.

"Excuse me?" she said sweetly, looking Sloane in the eye and then up at her companion. "I remember you, you're Sloane Bixby. I need your chaperon's help. He looks about my sister's age and I'm trying to find her a welcome home present now that the fog is gone. Do you think she'd like this puzzle?" Brandishing it, she looked upwards and then back to Sloane.
With the fog gone, Rufus able to come home and her birthday coming up soon, Sloane thought the summer was finally taking a turn for the better. Today she'd even managed to pester Alvin enough to take her out for a little while. He'd suggested the toy store so she could look for something for her birthday and she'd been absolutely delighted by that prospect. Now she just needed to bother Rufus into practicing quidditch with her!

Denbright's was always a joy, the noise, the constant motion, the dinosaur skeleton running around. It was glorious really! Even Alvin, for all his sighing and huffing, hadn't seemed too put out by the trip. They were in an aisle with a bunch of interesting puzzles, which were frankly far more up her brother's alley than Sloane's but some of them were so pretty.

It was then that a voice interrupted her admiration of a painted one before her. Alvin passed her a perplexed look, but Sloane was already on it. "Of course! I don't think Alvin is going to be of much help he's an Adult now, or so he says." She teased, nudging her brother gently. "I'm not sure how much help I can be either, but I'll try!" Honestly she'd be useless, she only had brothers and puzzles were not her thing, but she did enjoy being helpful! "Well, does she like puzzles?" That was certainly a place to start!

“We'll rise up and shine.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥