Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

State of Grace
Private 
July 22nd, 1888 - Lovegood Home, Wellingtonshire
Adelia Lovegood

And all we know / Is touch and go
We are alone with our changing minds
We fall in love 'til it hurts or bleeds or fades in time

State of Grace - T. Swift

Nathalie was exhausted. She needed to be somewhere other than the hospital or the Broomsticks where she'd been staying since being sent into to the foggy abyss that was Hogsmeade. She'd treated all manner of injuries, the long way, the hard way, with mixed results, thanks to the lack of magic. Fortunately they had the hospital in Edinburgh to send severe cases to if necessary, but she'd never worked so much or so hard in her entire life.

When her temporary boss all but ordered her out of the hospital last night and told not to return until Monday morning, Nat didn't even put up a right. After a solid twelve hours sleep, she woke up feeling a little refreshed and so decided to pay Ada a little unannounced visit. Surely her friend wouldn't turn her away  simply because she hadn't owled ahead of time. She had thought to stop and grab some fresh flowers for her friend on her walk at least.

In a dress that was clean for once, not speckled with blood or potions, Nat made her way up to Wellingtonshire, flowers in hand and knocked on her friend's door. Perhaps it was her tired appearance or the fact that she used to frequent the Lovegood family home more often, the maid took pity on her and let her in, moving to fetch Ada if she was available. When her friend appeared, Nat smiled genuinely, if still with a hint of exhaustion creeping in. "I'm sorry I didn't send word, I just needed a break from the Hospital and I haven't seen you in a while." It was always too long for Nat, but with work being the way it was, she would just have to muddle through.

“It's alright, yeah I'll be fine
don't worry about this heart of mine.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥
The fog had initially made her feel a little closer to her family, united in the same misfortune, but now all she felt was gloom. So when a servant informed her that she had a visitor in the form of a Miss Jennings, it did much to improve her spirits.

"You know you needn't send word, you're always welcome!" She smiled a smile as close to genuine as it had been in weeks and surprised herself by how readily she embraced the other woman. Drawing back from her, she renewed her smile although it came a little less easily than it had at first. "It's so good to see you, you must be rushed off your feet with all that's going on." Not for the first time she found herself envying her friend's occupation. It was so much easier to be morose when one had all the time in the world to dwell on every problem one might have.

| OUTFIT |

"You have no idea." Nat agreed as she squeezed her friend briefly before handing over the flowers. She was pleased that she wasn't being an inconvenience, it was awfully rude of her to just assume Ada was home, but Nat had simply been hoping to see her friend. The need for some normal socialization was strong and she could always count on Ada to be amenable to her odd hours if need be. "This fog is just dreadful, I never envisioned myself a muggle physician," No, that had been for someone else in her life. "It's quite difficult, even with potions!" She chucked quietly.

"I will say I've never slept so soundly in my entire life." Wasn't that the truth. She was just too tired at the end of the day to do much more than eat something and pass out in her rented bed for as long as she could. "How are you? I've been terribly neglectful in keeping up with correspondence!" She was just a mess lately!

“It's alright, yeah I'll be fine
don't worry about this heart of mine.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥
Ada was quite convinced the consequences of working so hard were showing on her dear friend's face but decided not to mention it; Nathalie seemed to be in good spirits and it was hopefully a temporary working situation that would come to an end very soon so what good could come of pointing out something she was probably well aware of anyway? "I don't blame you in the slightest, I think I'd be ignoring all letters if I were in your position. Thank you for the flowers, by the way, they're lovely!" Drawing her wand, Ada summoned an empty vase from across the room, filled it with water, and then used it to display the flowers on a nearby table.

"Please sit, I'll send for some refreshments." With said refreshments requested she sat down too. "I'm afraid I've very little to tell you, but you must have some tales to tell?"

| OUTFIT |