Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Bunny Devon for Anne Devon. My fair lady of the night
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Count Backwards From Ten
03 July, 1888
Arabella,

I woke up this morning with a tight chest at the thought of what's happening in Hogsmeade this morning, so I can't begin to imagine what it's like for you. Even without being able to use magic ourselves, the thought of no magic working causes me a great deal of anxiety! There haven't been any terrible new developments, have there? No hags in the streets? Werewolves out despite the sun shining bright?

Yours,
Flora

Wherever life plants you
Bloom With Grace
Post Log
04 July 1888
Flora,

Oh my dearest friend! The news you've heard is just as terrifying as it is here. No magic? What are we to do! Mum is nervous, Father is anxious and Mabell, well, she has just about lost her mind. She just wanders the halls moaning like a ghost about how she can't use magic to curl her hair right, and how her wand doesn't work. Alphonse doesn't really care though. I haven't seen any hags yet, but it would not surprise me if there were! I'm just afraid of werewolves to begin with, so I have hardly ventured outside the front door.

Sincerely,
Arabella
05 July, 1888
Arabella,

I might have already died by now, I'm sure. The thought of being constrained to my home is awful, and I'm positive my mother would not have allowed me to step into that dusty air if not for the purpose of leaving!

I'm glad to have heard from you so swiftly, though; it soothes my nerves to know everyone is not dying, as some have suggested. I have yet to hear from some family still in Hogsmeade, but I keep telling myself that mother would have said something if we were entering mourning.

Yours,
Flora

Wherever life plants you
Bloom With Grace
Post Log
07 July, 1888
Flora,

I must say, the confinement is rather awful. I cannot even go get more books to read. There are only so many books that a proper young lady is allowed to read in the library my parents have and I am running low. I find it takes my mind off the unsavory things that might be going bump in the night.
If it would soothe your mind, I will ask my mother if she knows about your family here in Hogsmeade. As connected as she is to the community, she will surely know if something has happened. Do not fret, we will let you know as soon as possible.

Truly yours,
Arabella
08 July, 1888
Arabella,

You need not go out of your way to ensure my family is fine! I'm sure my mother knows more than I do; otherwise I hardly doubt she'd be sleeping as soundly as she has.

What sort of books are you looking to read? I'm sure I could find something from around here to send you! I don't really like to read much, anyways; I have been practicing my sketching nearly every hour, though!

Yours,
Flora

Wherever life plants you
Bloom With Grace
Post Log
09 July, 1888
Flora,

I know you said I didn't have to, but I asked Mother about your family. She did not know anything concrete, but she had not heard anything bad that had happened so far. I hope they are fine, for your sake, as well as everyone else's. This fog is getting rather tedious and I hope it dissipates soon.
I love any type of book, really, as long as Mother approves. She knows what is best, after all. I would greatly appreciate anything you would send though, if your mother approves, I imagine mine would too.

Your friend,
Arabella
10 July, 1888
Arabella,

Have you, at the very least, been able to purchase the school supplies that don't require magic? I know supply lists haven't been sent out yet, but there are some supplies — robes, cauldrons, quills — that never change. I would be completely willing to open a book right now if I had something related to next year's studies!

I wouldn't even know what to pick! I hardcover book with a pretty pink covering, though the title was in some foreign language despite the contents being completely in English. What do you like to read?

Yours,
Flora

Wherever life plants you
Bloom With Grace
Post Log
11 July, 1888
Flora,

My mother has had the supplies for next year purchased ages ago. I think she bought things when I showed my first sign of magic several years ago. She gets things in pieces, so that she is not spending a lot at a time. Last thing we need is my robes but she doesn't want to get that until right before the school year starts so that if I have a growth spurt she doesn't have to get more robes.

Honestly? I like silly books, things about unicorns and dragons being friends. I know it would not actually happen, but it is nice to read about. But my mother thinks they are too young for me, so I don't get to read them frequently. I am happy, I suppose, reading what she gives me, so like I stated in my last letter, I'd take anything you would send, even a pink book with a foreign name!

Happily your friend,
Arabella