Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Olive's Networking Nightmare! ~Be Afraid~
    Open Thread 
    Networking
    Name: Olive

Characters

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

SLYTHERIN
    Networking Needs

Friends/"Friends" – likeminded respectable upper class pureblood women.

Rivals – social equals of similar age who are/aspire to be more fashionable than her.

Plot Needs

Intervention! – someone close to her who is willing to take her aside and get her off the Laudanum. Snarky withdrawal threads could be a thing.
    The Rebound – pureblood, upper class, older male. Dark hair preferred but not obligatory.

Networking Needs

Friends – similarly aged females, probably old school friends. Upper class, purebloods or halfbloods.

Enemies – any blood, any class, possible jealousy one way or other, anyone who might give the impression of judging her or being superior.

Plot Needs

Mr. Determined – he can be any blood/class/age. Tig swore to an unbreakable vow to avoid any emotional/physical attachments to other men. This man is determined to befriend or befriend Tig who is not only probably disinterested, but also concerned it'll literally kill her.

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

SLYTHERIN

LOWER CLASS

HALFBLOOD

SLYTHERIN
    Networking Needs

Business acquaintances – shady business people, customers, basically anyone she might have casually crossed paths with in the running of a brothel.

Friends – most likely to be men who visit her brothel, or used to (or currently) visit her

Enemies – rival business owners, unsavory characters who misbehave and tarnish her brothel's reputation.

Plot Needs

An Activist – someone who vehemently opposes prostitution for some reason or other and wants to see an end to it. There could be all sorts of disputes and such. I have ~ideas~

Mariana Iris Macnair
    née Lestrange

Networking Needs

Friends – similar interests, intelligent, like-minded.

Business – people seeking poison, maybe antidotes, snakes, venom, etc.

Plot Needs

Some men – for who knows what.

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

RAVENCLAW

UPPER CLASS

HALFBLOOD

RAVENCLAW
    Needs

The Best Friend – probably a Ravenclaw, similar interests, mature, friendly.

Friends – girls her age, any house, any blood, any class, any year.

Hurls – male or female, any house, any blood, any class.

Plot Needs

– TBD

Marcella June Weasley
    née Longbottom

Networking Needs

Friends – friends from school who wouldn't have spurned her for the class drop, similarly aged mothers, probably a bunch of forest critters because she's a Disney princess.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

MIDDLE CLASS

PUREBLOOD

HUFFLEPUFF

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

RAVENCLAW
    Networking Needs

Friends – girls she attended school with, other married women from the same social circle.

Enemies – hussies. Nova disdains hussies. Basically anyone of questionable reputation.

Plot Needs

Networking Needs

Friends – school friends, Ministry friends, family friends.

Hurls – girls of any class, any blood, probably best suited to more soft spoken girls.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

MIDDLE CLASS

HALFBLOOD

RAVENCLAW

LOWER CLASS

MUGGLEBORN

GRYFFINDOR
    Networking Needs

Friends – London street urchins, boys from school - Gryffindors particularly, Hogsmeade slum kids.

Enemies – he probably has a fair few, he's very outspoken.

Plot Needs

GBFF – a Gryffindor BFF, preferably his age so that they share a dormitory and can get into ULTIMATE shenanigans. ALL the mischief. LOTS of detentions.

Networking Needs

Friends – upper class women, any blood. Old school friends, friends from her time as a Ministry secretary.

Plot Needs

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

GRYFFINDOR

LOWER CLASS

HALFBLOOD

SLYTHERIN
    Networking Needs

Friends – Quidditch players or former school friends.

Enemies – Anyone he's picked a fight with or would pick a fight with.

Plot Needs

The doppelganger – See here.

Networking Needs

Co-Workers – people of the Magical Creatures Department and the Pest Advisory Bureau.

Friends – old school friends, women of the Ministry.

Hurls – men who appreciate the qualities of animals.

Enemies – maybe she spilled something on them once and they never forgave her. People who sneer or undervalue her little bureau.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

MIDDLE CLASS

HALFBLOOD

RAVENCLAW

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

SLYTHERIN
    Networking Needs

Acquaintances – Ministry people, Wizengamot members, old foreigners he might have met in his youth as a translator.

Friends – Wizengamot members, older men of the Minsitry, old rich retired men.

Hurls – female, any blood for fun, pure or halfblood for long term, prefers them under 40 and pretty.

Enemies – various fathers and husbands he's stepped on the toes of, women.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

Networking Needs

Acquaintances – former students, members of the Wizengamot.

Friends – fellow Wizengamot members, former Hogwarts co-workers if they aren't all dead, other old guys.

Hurls – pure or half-blood women who seem trustworthy.

Enemies – women, feminists, muggles, progressive liberal types.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

RAVENCLAW

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

SLYTHERIN
    Networking Needs

Friends – purebloods and maybe some half-blood women, upper class, old school friends.

Enemies – the victims of her snark.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

UPPER CLASS

PUREBLOOD

RAVENCLAW
    Networking Needs

Friends – girls from school, other people who like art/astrology/animals.

Hurls – older men, any blood, any class.

Enemies – women who steal her beaus.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

Networking Needs

Acquaintances – theatergoers, former classmates, regulars of the Hog's Head/Three Broomsticks/Leaky Cauldron.

Friends – theater people, lower class London folk.

Hurls – middle or upper class men with money to spend on her, any blood, complimentary.

Rivals – other actresses.

Enemies – butthurt former lovers.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

LOWER CLASS

HALFBLOOD

GRYFFINDOR

MIDDLE CLASS

HALFBLOOD

MAHOUTOKORO
    Networking Needs

Acquaintances – likely to be Ministry workers and Hogsmeade shop folk.

Friends – other female Ministry workers probably.

Hurls – any blood, likely to prefer middle class gentlemen who are well-established financially, being from or knowledge of Japan is a bonus.

Enemies – people who are rude, people who are exceptionally childish.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

Networking Needs

Friends – old school friends, other Ministry guys particularly other trainee aurors.

Hurls – candidates for very brief and casual flings, either past or potentially present.

Enemies – people who openly disdain werewolves, blood purists.

Plot Needs

– A plot.

UPPER CLASS

HALFBLOOD

GRYFFINDOR

MIDDLE CLASS

HALFBLOOD

HUFFLEPUFF
    Networking Needs

Acquaintances – fellow professors, students, magizoologists.

Friends – animal enthusiasts, old school friends.

Plot Needs

– A plot.
    Most Needy:
    — Dyllis Perkins
    — Herschel Dawlish
    — Wilfrieda Vaisey
    — Idony Fawcett
    — Suzuko Layton
    — Theodoric Jameshill*new*
    — Phyllida Rummage*new*
    We should do another Antigone and Ligeia thread

And I think it would be fun to Hurl Ligeia at Lafayette
    Bellamira and Frances could be friends. Bella was in the year below her and in slytherin but they could have socialized in balls or TLM

I also play Herschel’s daughter-in-law, Bellamira. I’ve never really fleshed out on how Bella finds him (Aside from being old and respectable) so I think it would be interesting to have them meet.

Katherine and Petra are both in Ravenclaw & in the Book club so perhaps friends?

October is the sort of girl that would willingly go with Ailsa because she’s just odd and curious on how Hags live. But her family and everyone would thinks she’s been kidnapped by a hag. XD
    Meeka has gone back to school and is sorry for the very slow replies. Also, if she promised to to start something and forgot please PM her.

Exquisite Set Made by Lady
    [Image: RgBIFSu.jpg]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Clubs: Book-Transfiguration-Art-Astronomy || Classes: Ancient Runes - Ancient Studies - Astronomy -Charms - DADA - History - Transfiguration
    @Katherine Midford ALL THE YES!
    I've actually been meaning to drop you a PM or start something for Tig and Ligeia because I think I said I would  a while back but life distracted me horrifically. I will do something there. I will think of something. I PROMISE.

Ligeia/Lafayette - I'm totally up for it, he always needs threads and that'll surely make him uncomfortable >:3

Bellamira/Frances - She needs friends and I can't see why they wouldn't get along!

Bellamira/Herschel - he thinks she's attractive and he would definitely go there if he thought she was interested. Totally not appropriate. He's probably very friendly and charming with her.

Katherine/Pet - she also needs friends! We should thread them sometime and see what happens

October - if you've got a contingency plan to prevent her actually getting eaten then I am totally up for an attempted abduction >:D I'm also game if you want her to be actually eaten

@Claire Bennet - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
    [-] The following 2 users Like Ursula Black's post:
       Claire Bennet1, Katherine Midford
    Rune keeps spoiling me unexpectedly with graphical wonders

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Quote:ALL THE YES!
    I've actually been meaning to drop you a PM or start something for Tig and Ligeia because I think I said I would  a while back but life distracted me horrifically. I will do something there. I will think of something. I PROMISE.
    It's alright! :)

Quote:Ligeia/Lafayette - I'm totally up for it, he always needs threads and that'll surely make him uncomfortable >:3

Bellamira/Frances - She needs friends and I can't see why they wouldn't get along!

Bellamira/Herschel - he thinks she's attractive and he would definitely go there if he thought she was interested. Totally not appropriate. He's probably very friendly and charming with her.

Katherine/Pet - she also needs friends! We should thread them sometime and see what happens
    Yaaaaay! Which of them do you want to thread first?

Quote:October - if you've got a contingency plan to prevent her actually getting eaten then I am totally up for an attempted abduction >:D I'm also game if you want her to be actually eaten
    She is currently in Hogwarts so probably in the summer? also it would be less dangerous for Ailsa because underage magic isn’t allowed XD Killing her sounds lovely but I love her too much. Maybe next time
    Meeka has gone back to school and is sorry for the very slow replies. Also, if she promised to to start something and forgot please PM her.

Clubs: Book-Transfiguration-Art-Astronomy || Classes: Ancient Runes - Ancient Studies - Astronomy -Charms - DADA - History - Transfiguration
    @Claire Bennet - I can justify Ailsa being anywhere in Hogsmeade at any time pretty much - she'll go anywhere if she's curious.

@Katherine Midford - I'll get a TigLig thing sorted out ASAP!

As to which one of those to do first, I really don't mind. Honestly! I will say that Pet/Katherine might be worth waiting for? I'm not sure, I'm about to maim her and it might not be a good time for a first suss-out-their-relationship thread but then it might be the perfect opportunity for it idek XD

October - Summer is good :3

Hmm.. I guess Pet/Kathy could wait. Since I couldn’t decide who I rolled a dice XD I’ll start Bellamira/Frances :D
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Katherine Midford's post:
       Ursula Black

Tessa Van Patten
    Alaric is the same age, he was a Gryffindor but they could have been friends since school regardless. Alaric isn't one for brothels but perhaps their friendship has kept up over the last decade or maybe he knows, and disapproves but besides making off handed comments here and there doesn't bother her much about it ( He could have had a crush on her or seen her as a sister or something )

Frances Crabbe

Once again Alaric could have been a friend from school as a coworker from the ministry. Being married I'm not sure if she still needs hurls ( Alaric is the only character around her age, the rest are younger but Dionysus or Gilroy MacFusty would have no problem with an older women)

She might have also know Gilroy Macfusty in her time at hogwarts.
    LINUS ALFONSE LITTIMER
    Though much different in age Dionysus is an Alchemist, they could be friends, enemies, rivals, what ever.

Also Basil is the charms professor and he needs friends. Maybe they can relate from being newer teachers, maybe Basil looks up to him and looks at him for guidance or maybe they are just friends.

Adelia Willow Lovegood
    I'm looking to get Alaric hitched some time soon, and they've already met (even if they cant remember hahah... which damn need to finish that thread :p)

I also have Basil, hes only two years or so older but is looking to start settling down.

Idony Fawcett

Dionysus and Gilroy MacFusty would probably both me regulares at any of the bars.

Petra Sleptova
    Felix Parkinson or Tristan Carmichael could both make good friends ( though probably too young and similar in age for hurls, or are they o.0 ?) Both were in the dueling club and Felix and her were housemates and he was the president of the dueling club for a bit.

And really Gilroy, Alaric, Dionysus or Basil are all open to hurling for anything.
    [Image: felicsophbanner_zpsdcpft53z.png]
    Set by Soph

[Image: 20qcq6o.gif] [Image: hOxb4ct.jpg]
    Oh! I also forgot a few things >.>

@Peter Troublefield and @Handsome Whitledge as friends for Petra. Peter's a prefect in the year below her and is super smart and studious, while Handsome is her male counterpart in the dueling club this year! I think both of my characters would like her, though I'm not sure how they'd feel about her. We also talked about a possible thread with Petra and @Helga Scamander.
    @Mathias Beaumont
    Odette/Ailsa - We could certainly try them together?
    Peter/Handsome/Helga/Pet - I'd think Pet would get along well with all of them and I'd definitely but up for threads when school is back in :D

@Felix Parkinson
    Tessa/Alaric - Tessa's not great at friendships in the traditional sense, she probably would have ceased contact for the first few years after school at least but she moved to Hogsmeade in 1877 so they could maybe have become reacquainted then? If he's not into brothels then she would probably try and "fix" that and she can be a bit like a dog with a bone.

Frances - I'm not sure if she'd cheat on her husband, but you never know! It's the kind of thing that'd need to be explored IC.

Dionysus/Linus - Linus is very competitive and a bit paranoid about his work so it would probably depend how much of a threat he would reasonably see him as.

Basil/Linus - We could thread to find out sometime?

Ada/Alaric/Basil - Ada's not really fussy at all when it comes to men i.e. blood, wealth, etc. but she would probably only marry for love or something close to it! That said, this girl needs all the hurling in the world because tick tock.

Idony/Dionysus/Gilroy - Idony haunts those sorts of place in the late evenings and she's probably quite loud when she's there so they might have some sort of rapport?

Pet/Felix/Tristan - Yeah they may be a biiiit close for proper hurling - plus Pet isn't out in society until next June. That aside, I think they could definitely be friends!

Hello. I know that Guinevere needs friends, and Dyllis is around her age, so maybe they would be friends from school? Guinevere doesn't mind other classes or blood status, unlike others in her family.
    Another thread possibility with Guinevere could be with Ursula. They could argue about their thoughts on squibs and those of other blood status, or if Guinevere found out about Ursula's affairs, she would be super judgmental.

When she's not in school (Maybe in the past, during Winter break.) Acacia sees Barnabas and remembers him from school? What are his feelings towards vampire's and Half breeds?
    Acacia is a student of Phyllida, if you'd like them to talk.
    FOR THEO
    @Nemo Fisk was in his year, though a Hufflepuff. He's an MCHB, but they're both at the ministry and I assume they cross paths every now and then! Also sibling awkwardness for lolz.

Elsie was also in his year/house.

and @Harvey Beauregard a year behind, again a Puff, but he needs more friends lol.

FOR CASPER
    @Eugene Scamander and @Wesley Cavanaugh are in his age bracket/ministry employees! Also Eugene was in the minister race with Casper lol.

FOR IDONY
    @Veronica Grantham is also LC and in her age range! Vic needs friends, badly. >.>

also a Phyllida/Eavan broship is all I want in life. #magizoologynerds
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    @Acacia Ruskin
    Guinevere/Dyllis – we could certainly try threading these two, but I don't think Dyllis would be comfortable enough to form a friendship. She's not upper middle class nor is she socially ambitious and so her mannerisms and behavior would reflect this and she'd be painfully aware of it. They could probably have been friends at school but Dyllis would likely have drifted after Hogwarts.

Guinevere/Ursula – Ursula's extramarital activities aren't currently known beyond a few select people, unfortunately. They could definitely have a disagreement about blood purity etc.

Acacia/Theo – He has a werewolf for a brother and he's been very accepting of his condition since day one so he's definitely more tolerant of non-humans/part-humans than your average individual. However, his feelings regarding vampires (and similarly hags) I'm not quite sure of yet.

Acacia/Phyllida – I'm not sure off the top of my head what they might talk about unless Acacia is failing COMC miserably or something but if there's some sort of development for Acacia you're after that requires Phyllida in some way, I'm definitely up for throwing them together in a thread!

@Elsie Beauregard
    Nemo/Theo – Yessss awkward sibling connection!

Elsie/Theo – They were in the same house too. Not sure what Theo would've thought of her besides her being pretty, probably wouldn't have gone out of his way to talk to her unless there was a reason to like finding one of her belongings and returning it to her. I think he might be wary of quiet girls.

Harvey/Theo – I can't see why they wouldn't get along!

Eugene/Casper Wesley/Casper – Casper is so easy going I'm sure he'd like both of them. Eugene probably has more in common with him occupation-wise; the misuse of muggle artifacts and accidental magic are in a similar vein and potentially overlap if accidentally magicking a muggle objects ever happens.

Veronica/Idony – Idony also needs friends badly! They're both first year drop outs? xD Idony mainly haunts drinking places when she's not in a theater or playing mistress, I don't suppose she spends a great deal of time in such places?

Eavan/Phyllida – hell yaaaas Phyllida needs herself some friends. Obviously they have a lot in common already :P

Guinevere/Dyllis - Perhaps we have a thread of them seeing each other again and seeing where it leads, and if a friendship doesn't happen, well at least we tried, right?

Guinevere/Ursula - I do very much enjoy the idea of finally showing Guinevere's brave/protective side. I think an argument over blood purity would be perfect for just that. By the way, if her sister ever get's adopted, I'll let you know, because I think her and Ursula would get along fabulously.

Acacia/Theo - How open are you to them being together? I couldn't help but ship them from the moment I saw him, is that wrong? And I noticed how his brother is a werewolf, and I thought 'It would be so perfect.'. Are you interested in a hurl thread? Or do you have sights on him being with someone else? If so, that's fine, we could still thread them as friends. I just thought that it would be fun.

Acacia/Phyllida - I had an idea a while back, of some bullies trying to scare Acacia into the woods because she's half vampire (they could be unnamed). And maybe Phyllida could stop them since she's out there anyways, to prepare for a lesson or something? If that doesn't work, then we could think of something else.
    (02-08-2017, 10:54 PM)Ursula Black Wrote: @Elsie Beauregard
    Nemo/Theo – Yessss awkward sibling connection!

Elsie/Theo – They were in the same house too. Not sure what Theo would've thought of her besides her being pretty, probably wouldn't have gone out of his way to talk to her unless there was a reason to like finding one of her belongings and returning it to her. I think he might be wary of quiet girls.

Harvey/Theo – I can't see why they wouldn't get along!

Eugene/Casper Wesley/Casper – Casper is so easy going I'm sure he'd like both of them. Eugene probably has more in common with him occupation-wise; the misuse of muggle artifacts and accidental magic are in a similar vein and potentially overlap if accidentally magicking a muggle objects ever happens.

Veronica/Idony – Idony also needs friends badly! They're both first year drop outs? xD Idony mainly haunts drinking places when she's not in a theater or playing mistress, I don't suppose she spends a great deal of time in such places?

Eavan/Phyllida – hell yaaaas Phyllida needs herself some friends. Obviously they have a lot in common already :P

Nemo/Theo; So shit went down in their 4th year. Maybe they were pretty good friends before that, considering Xena/Faunia were close then obvs Xena/Lou, but after the shit hits the fan they kind of just drift apart? Maybe try to stay friends but had a hard time?  After grad they really drifted, but are now working on something similar at the ministry?

I think Eugne/Caspar would make good friends! Eugene definitely needs some bros.

Vic/Idony, haha yes first year dropouts. Vic is pretty respectable LC, though that whole pregnancy out of wedlock thing pushed her rep down. Before baby she probably hung around the 3BS. Did Idony grow up in London? Vic did, they could have been childhood friends?

Eva/Phyllidaaaaa - Eva wants into Hogwarts badly maybe she could do a guest spot in CoMC or Phyllida could come to the zoo?

I can probs handle 2 new threads, up to you which ones!
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    @Acacia Ruskin
    Guinevere/et al. - Sounds good!

Acacia/Theo - I hadn't even thought of hurling him yet since he's very new still, although I generally avoid pre-planned romantic ships. We can certainly thread them if you like, but I doubt anything romantic will come of it as Theo's muse seems a little too immature at present.

Acacia/Phyllida - Also sounds good!

@Elsie Beauregard
    Nemo/Theo - Makes sense to me!

Vic/Idony - She did! They should totally be childhood friends :D

I think my most needy characters of those four are Theo, Idony, and Phyllida so threads with any of them would be great! Which do you think would be more fun? :P

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread Bree's Networking 4.0 Annabelle Scrimgeour 2 1,116 01-17-2018, 01:38 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      John's Networking Qedma Bakaffa 4 155 12-29-2017, 08:11 PM
    Last Post: Aldous Crouch
    Open Thread Silver's Networking! Nerissa Stone 18 572 12-26-2017, 08:53 PM
    Last Post: Elsie Beauregard
      Nichole's Networking V.3 Calla Potts 0 62 12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
    Last Post: Calla Potts
      Networking Guidelines & Coding Elsie Beauregard 3 3,323 12-25-2017, 08:31 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour