Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Now that he had walked up to them, he couldn't exactly whirl around and get going. That would be rude. And was not, presumably, how straight men seduced their future wives.

Cassius Lestrange in Eyes on the Screen

— Nominate a quote —
The Dozen

Complete a twelve-post thread in which each post has exactly twelve words. At least three posts must be your own.

<
>

Plottable Characters
Adopt & Plot!

Members are encouraged to post any adoptable characters needed for specific plots here. Remember to state why the character is needed, such as “Stuart is a potential love interest for Lorraine”, or even “TOP SECRET FAMILY SHENANIGANS TO COME GET READY YO”—“I want my mother because she’s my mother” is better suited for our Adoptable Characters listing instead :)

These ads will be cleaned out infrequently throughout the year, but players will be given notice to ensure all posts are up-to-date and posted with active accounts.

CAN YOUR NEEDS BE MET BY AN EXISTING CHARACTER?
Try Lonely Plots instead!

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact Ursula Black, Aldous Crouch, Cassius Lestrange, Elias Grimstone, Elladora Black, or Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Any/all of these characters are here to endanger Ophelia's shiny, respectable UC life. There will be lots of drama, and direction is largely up to whoever takes them!
For Ophelia Dippet:
The Prodigal Sister
Reserved
"Nicky" is Ophelia's older sister and former best friend, born a MCHB witch in 1862. She married a Dutchman in 1881 and traveled to one of these areas of the world, but quickly found the marriage was not to her liking and ran away from her husband in 1882, at which point proper society declared her "dead."

Unbeknowst to him (and to Ophelia et al), Nicky later gave birth to a baby - the Dutchman's baby? The Local's baby? Someone else's baby? Up to you! - and has been raising said child as best she can while struggling against poverty in a foreign country. Finally fed up of her current life (and feeling very keenly the life she is not able to give her child), Nicky recently ran away again, this time to return to England and get help from her father. Except #whoops, he's dead - so it looks like she'll be needing that help from Ophelia.

Pictured is Marion Cotillard, but PB is open as long as she looks reasonably like Ophelia!

The "Local"
Reserved
The Local is from any of these places. S/he has been living with Nicky since she was declared dead and helping to raise the baby. How that arrangement started and what their exact feelings are about Nicky is up to you, but s/he has definitely come to think of the child as their own - which means they were very upset when Nicky ran away with said child to head back to England. On a mission to either talk sense into Nicky or else reclaim the kid, they've followed her here.

Magical/non-magical status, race, age, blood, and gender are all open! Working class. If male, the Local may have been presenting himself as Nicky's husband, but cannot legally have married her since she was never divorced from the Dutchman.

Pictured are Enrique Iglesias and Halle Berry, but obviously PB is the most open. Just not white.

The Dutchman
The Dutchman is a MCAB wizard born before 1851. He has some distant family in England, which lead to his being in the country long enough to meet and court Nicholina Dippet prior to marrying her in 1881. Their marriage didn't last long, as she ran away from him about a year later and he claimed she was dead in order to save face. He has since returned to England, but when and why is up to you. He may have career interests or investments here, or may be looking to acquire another wife since he's presented as a widower. He may or may not be in touch with Ophelia since she's technically rich now and he has quite a bit of reputation-ruining dirt on her family.

He does not know that Nicky is back in the country, and probably won't be pleased to learn she's alive at all - and most certainly won't be pleased to hear that there is a child he was never aware of.

Pictured is Ewan McGregor, alternatives to have light coloring.

is it a crime to love too well?
To bear too tender, or too firm a heart, to act a lover's or a Roman's part?
Is there no bright reversion in the sky, for those who greatly think, or bravely die?
Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
Kayte's Plottables

Hello friends! Before we get started, I do have a few policies regarding my adoptables:
  • Please reserve your character with me before apping!
  • Obviously, I'd prefer activity from anyone to take these on XD If, after six months, I don't think you're doing much with them (I have very lax standards, don't worry!), I reserve the right to ask you to give them up so someone more active may take them on.
  • I'll give you two weeks after loosing a character in an AC before I put them back up for grabs! If you drop them via Maintenance, they become immediately available again. If you just want to temp drop them, talk to me first! :)
  • Anyone picking up one of my ads must include the family and personality sections. I provide the family in all my applications so just mentioning the names is quite fine by me. Personality can be as minimal as three basic traits, just so I know for sure that our ideas of the character mesh.
If you have any questions about any of the characters below, fire off a PM to Aldous Crouch, catch me on skype, or stalk me in the cbox ;)
Last updated June 17th, 2017
Contents

Wanteds for...
ELINOR | HOLLIDAY
Below, you’ll find requests that I need for a specific thing for a specific character. Go figure. They are different from my other wanteds in that they are not blood relations and there is some sort of arc in sight. So that’s exciting.

~
For Elinor

CLIFFORD GOYLE
[Image: Ph9XS9o.jpg?1]
B. 1863 | MCPB | RAVENPUFF | HEALER
Towards the end of his time at Hogwarts, Ford discovered the Church of Magical Jesus. It because of his developing faith that he was willing to use their father’s death as an opportunity to reconnect with his estranged sister, as his move from hard purism to the more general pro-magic stance of the Church made him reevaluate the circumstances surrounding their separation. Though their contact was tentative at first, over the three and a half years since they have begun to develop affection for one another once more. Clifford moved into his own residence after his father’s passing, and remains on good terms with his brother and mother—largely because they don’t know he’s in contact with Elinor. The suggested PB is Jason Ralph with alternatives to have brown hair. Wanted to play out the estrangement and eventual reconnection! Reserved for Evan

Immediate Ties: Elinor Goyle
Potential Ties: Baxter Keene Annabelle Bones Finlay Connolly Ari Fisk Alfred Clearwater Dionisia Tweedy Charles Jameshill Sydney Podmore Richard Gladstone Nathalie Jennings Fletcher Langley Ezra Vablatsky Lorcan Byrne Blythe Fairchild Temperance Fairchild Cordelia Porter

----- GOYLE
[Image: UzE2f7x.jpg?1]
B. 1860 | MCPB | SLYTHINDOR | WIFE
----- and Elinor grew up together, and though they were different in nature—bold vs. reserved, impulsive vs. thoughtful—they were very close until their Hogwarts years, and still moderately close even then. It was, therefore, the height of betrayal when ----- did not stand by Elinor when she and Frederick became engaged. ----- later went on to marry Amos Goyle, though Nora didn’t learn this until many years later.

Wanted to plot out some decade-old drama because #yolo. What her marriage is like etc. is up to the first person to pick up a half of the happy(?) couple. Pictured PB is Anna Camp but this is flexible as long as her family had been in England for at least three generations.

Can't commit long term? This character can be a temporary!

“AMELIA” ----- née GOWER
[Image: OpRtrlG.jpg?1]
B. 1854-1856 | MCM | MUGGLE ED. | WIFE
Elinor’s almost sister-in-law, “Amelia” put Nora up after she cut ties with her own family, but not-subtly suggested maybe leaving a couple of months after Franklin died since, at that point, there wouldn’t actually be a wedding. “Amelia” married a muggle and never really wanted much to do with her brother’s magical world. It was, therefore, unbelievably irritating when ~strange things~ started happening around her son, and she hoped that by ignoring them, they would go away.

They won’t. Look forward to a visit from Hamish Darrow this summer, Gowers! Have fun explaining that to the magically-ignorant husband ;)

Looking both to backthread the not-marriage drama and new-thread letters, then face-to-face meetings, once it’s confirmed that “Winston” is off to school.

“Amelia” and her husband have at least one other child, but “Winston” is the only one who will be magical #MugglebornRarity. Her husband is Doctor ----, being a trained physician. The suggested PB is Gugu Mbatha-Raw with alternatives to be of African and/or mixed descent as that’s the headcanon I have for Franklin and would rather not change. Given the time period, her husband is likely, though not necessarily, the same.

Can't commit long term? This character can be a temporary!

“WINSTON” -----
[Image: 9ONRDTK.jpg?1]
B. 1877 | MCMB | TBA | INCOMING FIRST YEAR (’88)
Elinor’s almost nephew, though he’s not seen her since he was three and so has foggy, if any memories of her at all. “Winston” can look forward to a visit from Hamish Darrow this summer—yer a wizard! Of course, at present, he doesn’t even know that magic is a thing, so this will come as quite a shock. He just always assumed himself clumsy. And probably unlucky.

Incoming plot needs are to re-meet his not-aunt, and keep in contact with her moving forward! While he’ll still go home for the summer and all that jazz, she’s aggressively a spinster so this is currently her best shot at a pseudo-parental relationship SO I WOULD LIKE THAT A LOT.

Suggested PB is Miles Brown
Reserved, yo!

Potential Ties: Everyone who will be at Hogwarts next school year.

~
For Holliday

“GREGORY”
[Image: Fe6MmK0.jpg]
B. 1872-1873 | MCAB/WCAB | SLYTHERCLAW | FIFTH YEAR (’88)
Topaz Urquart received ample support from many of her peers after being turned into a werewolf. Too much support. Enter the trio (Beatrix Borgin et al) of friends who hate her for it, and, by extension, hate her best friend Holliday and her twin, Ruby!

“Gregory” is the boy of the group—why he hangs out with a pair of girls is decidedly up to you. He is in Slytherin or Ravenclaw, and believes the same magical take on Christianity as Blythe Fairchild and Temperance Fairchild. As a fourth year, this character can apply for prefect next year! His family structure is up to you! Pictured is Tye Sheridan.

Immediate Ties: Beatrix Borgin Holliday Fudge
Potential Ties: Blythe Fairchild Citrine Weasley Sage Macnair Archelaus Abney Chrysanta Ruskin Maksym Dragomirov Justice Rookwood
Double Up: Mr. Rohlwing (3)

“DOLORES”
[Image: FYCgfhe.jpg]
B. 1872-1873 | WCAB/MCAB | RAVENDOR | FIFTH YEAR (’88)
Topaz Urquart received ample support from many of her peers after being turned into a werewolf. Too much support. Enter the trio (Beatrix Borgin et al) of friends who hate her for it, and, by extension, hate her best friend Holliday and her twin, Ruby!

“Dolores” isn’t as actively anti-Topaz as her friends, but is very pro-Her Friends and so will back them 98%. She is in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. As a fourth year, this character can apply for prefect next year! Her family structure, feelings on other halfbreeds, etc. is all up to you! Pictured is Lana Condor.

Ties: Beatrix Borgin Holliday Fudge
Potential Ties: Citrine Weasley
Double Up: Dahlia Potts, Ms. Banges (4)

If I could marry Bee I would but I can't so I ship our characters instead.
The Vampire Coven
Any of these characters are to be used to get a plot involving Lyra Potter, the vampires of Britain generally, and the Ministry liaisons who have to deal with them off the ground. These can be temporary characters, can be filled by previously existing characters, or can be combined with other ads if applicable.

While I would obviously prefer activity, your ability to make dramatic plot choices is a higher priority. Please don't be scared away from taking one of these if you feel you can play them well, regardless of your availability!

All roles are gender fluid and unless specified, have entirely open backstories. This includes age, magical background or lack thereof, ethnicity, origins, and history. Most characters should be working class unless you have a damn good reason why they're not, and no one should have a reputation higher than five (though most will likely be lower). Their residence should be the vampire caverns unless you have another idea and want to discuss it with me!

The Cynic
An older vampire and therefore one who carries a good deal of respect in the community, the Cynic distrusts the magical community and thinks Lyra's ambitions to be more seamlessly integrated with them will only end in disaster. The Cynic is her main foil and will work to sabotage her efforts at establishing a "clean slate" for vampires, either by deterring others from joining her cause, or by more overt acts of violence. The Cynic sees vampires as inherently separate from witches and wizards and does not believe it is morally wrong to kill them in order to sustain themselves.

The Pragmatist
The Pragmatist is older than Lyra, though that isn't saying much (she was only turned five years ago and is still a "baby" in vampire terms). Because of this, the Pragmatist tends to see her ideals as rather naive or even "cute," though would not go so far as to actively sabotage them. The Pragmatist thinks killing is regrettable but necessary, and tries to justify it to themselves by choosing his/her targets appropriately - for instance, killing a 'bad person' or someone who is unlikely to be missed. The Pragmatist also has extensive connections to the black market and often procures blood bags or donations from Slum dwellers for themselves and other residents of the Caverns. The Pragmatist generally disapproves of how much press vampire murders have received lately, but only because s/he dislikes unnecessarily putting their community in the spotlight. Played by MJ as Ishmael

The Mouse
The Mouse's defining trait is fear; s/he is skittish around witches and wizards due to some previous poor encounter with magic which has left him/her mistrustful of anyone who can wield it. Despite this, s/he is conflicted about killing, and would like to see Lyra's goals succeed — though may be persuaded or bullied by the Cynic into not openly supporting her.

The Idealist
The Idealist is a young vampire (turned less than twenty years ago), who shares many of Lyra's ideals about being able to live openly with the magical community. Unfortunately, the Idealist has not really mastered impulse control, and has incredible difficulty being in close proximity to humans if s/he hasn't eaten very recently. The Idealist may have existing ties in the magical world; that's up to you! Whether s/he is or has ever been in contact with them and how they reacted to the news that s/he had been turned is also up to you. Played by Kit as Dimitri Lancaster

If you play a vampire who does not fit into one of these boxes, please plot with me all the same! The community is too tight for Lyra and your vamp not to meet sooner or later!

because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me — the Carriage held but just Ourselves — and Immortality.
The Revolutionaries

The Revs are a group of activists, progressives, optimists and do-gooders who have been orbiting Jude Wright since around 1882. Names and concepts very loosely borrowed from Les Mis. Everyone has a lot of Opinions on the election, and political beliefs all veer leftwards. The gang hangs out in a wizarding London pub named ‘The Augurey Beak Cafe,’ and are mostly lower/middle class. Reps should be mostly 3s/4s.

To adopt, please contact MJ or Beanie!
SHINY SPECIAL POLICIES:
  • Names and PBs are up to you; POC encouraged.
  • Should be aged between about 21-31.
  • Reservations last for 2 weeks.
  • In case of willful dropping, ads will go up straightaway. If you lose them in an AC, we’ll wait a week.
’The Enjolras’ Jude Wright | The leader of the Revs, an ardent progressive who will either lead them to doom or victory. Played by MJ.

’The Combeferre’ | MCAB. Jude’s best friend, a ridiculously intelligent healer who is in many ways the ‘brains’ of the operation. Former Ravenclaw. Lives with Jude in London. Middle Class. He’s part of the leadership-trio that includes Esteban Zavala, and so should have been yearmates with Esteban and Jude (so born in about 1861.) I like Nathan Stewart-Jarrett for his face.

The Courfeyrac | Esteban Zavala The ‘center’ of the group, Esteban is charming and energetic and personable. The third part of the leadership trio. Played by Emma.

’The Marius’ | Simeon Graves MCAB. Born to the upper class, Marius was disowned by his grandfather for being an ardently progressive nerd and is now in the ~middle class and about a rep 3. He is ridiculously in love with ‘Cosette,’ and often ridiculous in other ways, too. He is ardent and optimistic and frequently naive, and I love him. Suggested PB: Tom Webb

[s]’The Joly’ | @'Finn Rowe'
Finn is an anxious healer with hypochondriac tendencies, a sometimes-hazardous combination. Generally eccentric. He lives with Bossuet and Musichetta, and is played by Fawkes.

’The Musichetta’| LCAB. Musichetta is an amiable woman, quick-witted, and light on her feet. She lives with Finn and Bossuet. There is room for a functional polyship between Finn/Chetta/Bossuet, to be discussed with Fawkes. Suggested PB: Paulina Singer.

’The Bossuet’ | LCAB. Bossuet is a cheerful person with legitimately terrible luck all of the time, basically proof of the law that if something can go wrong, it probably will. Despite this, he’s a huge optimist and always laughing and cracking jokes. He and Finn are BFFs. There is room for a functional polyship between Finn/Chetta/Bossuet, to be discussed with Fawkes.

’The Bahorel’ | Raymond Beasley A solid boxer who can and will cheerfully kick your ass. He was definitely a Gryffindor and has the kind of bold personality that can rub people the wrong way, but is also one of the best friends you will ever have once you have him. His favorite human being is Marius and he sometimes boxes with Kieran. He is a member of the middle or lower class and I love him.

’The Feuilly’ | A member of the lower class, Feuilly is an orphan (or had a similarly difficult childhood) with a generous heart. Extremely hard-working, he did not get to complete his schooling; still, he champions education for all, and is probably self-taught and multi-talented at a bunch of skills and/or personal interests (and Jude thinks he’s basically the best person ever). A down-to-earth guy, he likely gets along pretty well with people outside the group. Suggested PB: Markel Williams.

’The Jehan’| MCAB. Comfortably middle class, Jehan is sweet, sensitive and very shy. He’s a dreamer and melancholy poet, has the worst fashion sense imaginable, is really into literature and flowers and nature and music and falls in love easily but also Dramatically Contemplates Death and is Ready to Fight. (Think John Keats.)

’The Grantaire Kieran Abernathy | Kieran is a borderline alcoholic asshole secret-werewolf, who originally came to meetings to heckle but now comes to… heckle. And be painfully in love with Jude. It’s a thing.

’The Eponine’ Eileen Buchanan Eileen is a delightful smart-ass and Kieran’s roommate. She’s in unrequited love with Marius, because the Kieleen flat is a painful place, and so Hufflepuff it hurts.

’The Cosette’ Betsy Cooper AN ANGEL AMONG US. MCAB, Cosette is a rep 3 for being a known bastard, or at least a suspected one, because she is not her father’s biological daughter. She’s generally lovely but has a hard edge if pushed, and had a terrible childhood that she usually doesn’t talk about. Kieran thinks she’s an actual angel and she often models for his drawings. She is dreadfully in love with ‘Marius.’

’The Montparnasse’ @'Montgomery Morales' LCAB. A London criminal and general asshole, Montparnasse swings by to antagonize the rest of the gang and is sort of the anti-Jude. Generally lacking in morals, Montparnasse is useful if you want to get something done under the radar… But might stab you in the back to do it. We think it would be cool if he was tied to the Ashwinders, but talk to Kayte if you want to go that route! Beanie thinks it’s fun if he has some brief sexual history with Kieran, but it’s up for discussion. Suggested PB is Joseph Gilgun.

Credits

Coding for this compiled by Lady, but taken from various things around the site. Soph coded the quote at the beginning, the headers are integrated into the site's coding, and the coding for the justified paragraph format is taken from a letter coding also by Soph! Kayte  basically scalped this to make a zombified want ad thinger, and then Beanie stole it from her. >.>

Last updated September 25th

mutual crush in denial

This girl is a student in Gryffindor that has a bit of an odd rivalry/friendship/thing with Mundungus MacFusty that started pretty much when they first met during his third year/1884. The things that they have been through together up to this point are mentioned in Munny's app. She was extensively previously played so I would very much like to have her around once more!

What started out as a bit of a rivalry has turned into something more romantic on both ends.  For sure, there is some ~sexual tension~ lately. She is a fifth or fourth year depending on her birthday. I'm definitely willing to fudge this a little older as well! Either way, they have been in each others lives since 1884.

She is feisty, headstrong and almost definitely a redhead. She is a tomboy and much more comfortable being friendly with Munny than she is most other girls her own age. She has definitely either tried out but failed to make the team for some years or could never get the permission from her parents to play. Thus, she was equal parts proud and irritated that Munny was made Quidditch Captain.

In 1886, Munny realized he had a crush on her after sharing a kiss with her in 1885 (details of this are in his app) and that is when the sexual tension~ thing started with them.

Suggested playby: Lena Dunaeva

Set by MJ
WATCH THIS SPACE

Daddy Dearest
Working Class Halfblood
Eavan MacKay & Fletcher Langley
ties to Una Walsh & Tierney Walsh

Conall --- MacKay
1837 | open house | widowed | 8 rep
Magizoologist | Kevin McKidd

Conall MacKay is a magizoologist of Irish descent. He and his wife Nola moved from Ireland after marrying (so he attended Hogwarts!) to Nova Scotia and had a single daughter, Eavan. A few years after she was born, they moved to Australia for a research trip and returned shortly before Eva would attend Ilvermorny. (Exact dates listed in Eavan's profile, linked above!) Upon her graduation in 1882, Eavan became her father's apprentice on their family farm in New Hampshire. In 1884 Nola grew ill and passed from a severe case of pneumonia. Conall and Eavan are heartbroken and in his grief, Conall sells the farm, rehomes several of the animals before accepting a research trip to the Amazon. Eavan goes with him, but quickly finds that the humid weather is hard for her to adjust to and her father finds extended family for her to stay with in Scotland so she moves to Irvingly.

What Conall has been studying for a few years in the Amazon is open, as how he's been emotionally since being there. His trip is over (whenever he gets picked up) and he's off to see Eavan in Scotland for a short while. Upon his arrival he finds that she's seeing somebody, unofficially, without his permission. He is generally displeased about it, but that could be because he wasn't asked or because he's not sure about Fletcher or whatever. He has all the potential to be either temporary or permanent and here to cause a little uproar in Eavan's life!
Reserved for MJ

Love and graphics as always! ♥ I'm willing to work with you on these too!

[Image: vXYgqe.png]
Ad Guidelines
  Please contact me before creating the character via PM @ Roberto Devine or Skype if you have me.
  If you drop the character without discussion, I reserve the right to re-advertise them.
  Reservations last for two weeks.
  I reserve the right to refuse adoption.
Definitely Not Patron-Minette
On the flip side of the revolutionaries, you have Monty's crew which is a group of career criminals that function as one anothers family. Like the rev's, this is a group very loosely based on Les Mis (Monty is the Montparnasse). They are all WCAB, live in London in an abandoned house together and should have no more than a 5 rep considering they are all criminals. Ages are open but they should be between the ages of 20-25.

THE MONTPARNASSE is Monty Morales (played by Kit)
A con artist since the tender age of seven, Monty lived on the streets for most of his life. He linked up with the group in 1877, which was led by an older individual at the time who went on to die in the laughing plague in 1884. The other three chose Monty to be their new leader. Monty cares for his band of idiots as much as Monty can manage to care for anyone and does his best to lead them well in their life of crime. Is probably called the "Mom" of the group much to his annoyance.

THE CLASQUESOUS is Ishmael (played by MJ)
A mysterious individual, the Claquesous tends to come and go as he pleases but is incredibly loyal to Monty. He is Monty's right hand man and the two are even sometimes romantically involved with neither wanting to admit any actual feelings for the other being the main cause for their fallouts. They're that annoying couple of the group that constantly break up and get back together. One of the other two probably jokingly call him the Dad of the group and Monty the Mom. However, he is a professional criminal and keeps that out of their criminal dealings - usually. He doesn't need to be a vampire but I think it would be amusing if he was, especially if he was tied into Beanies ad up there but talk to her about that.

THE BABET is UNPLAYED
The Babet is a master of disguise and quite skilled at being the face people see for the cons that the gang runs. He could have been an actor if he had the mind to pursue theater. He had a wife and children though "lost them". He has never shared precisely what he means by that.

THE GUEULEMER is UNPLAYED
Described by Victor Hugo as "a Hercules ... come down in the world", the Guelemer is the brawn of the group and the most physically imposing. He is also incredibly dim-witted and tends to need things explained to him in a very simple manner. He also has a habit of taking things literally which sometimes irritates Monty and the rest of the group.

[Image: pexxce.png]
magical set by mj!
Bree's Plottables
Guidelines:
  • Please contact me (Skype or PM Edric Umbridge) before you register and/or app!
  • Details may or may not be set-in-stone, so don't hesitate to ask if you're curious!
  • Please contact me before you drop a character, whether it be temporarily or permanently, to avoid hurt feelings! If you're just not feeling the character, either, don't be afraid to tell me so!
Last updated: 06.15.2018 | Click for my family adoptables!

LONG-LOST MOTHER

for Edric Umbridge
b. 1829 | MC/WCPB | Open House | Runaway (Ex)-Wife

Ella Umbridge (née -----) is the long-lost mother of Edric Umbridge. Born in 1829 to a lower-MC family, Ella attended Hogwarts and was sorted into any house. Though she didn't actively seek a wealthier husband following graduation, she always hoped to be carried off by her knight in shining armour. She found a very successful match in Mr. Oswald Umbridge, the owner of a muggle and magical factory empire across the British Isles. Her idealization of him—and eventually of their marriage—led to her ultimately having her heart broken in 1853 when he admitted he didn't really love her romantically (ouch!).

Rather than resign herself to an unhappy marriage, she impulsively made the decision to flee with a less-successful man who had long sought her affections, leaving behind her family—including her then two-year-old son, Edric. She was unknowingly divorced by her husband on grounds of abandonment in 1854.

Her life between 1854 and the present is (mostly) open to the player, though there are a few requirements: (1) though she cohabited with her lover, it's unlikely they ever married; (2) her reputation should be middling at best; and (3) she has not maintained the wealth she had with her (former) husband.

Suggested PB is Rebecca Front, with alternatives to be age-appropriate and brunette/grey-haired.

Immediate Ties: Edric Umbridge

CHILDHOOD BESTIE

for Dolores Diggory
b. 1865-1866 | MCAB | Not-Gryffindor | Debutante/Reasonable MC Occupation

"Victoria" is the childhood best friend of Dolly Diggory. Born between 1865-1866, Victoria was sorted into any house except Gryffindor. The two girls became more distant during school, each embracing their own interests and joining separate social circles; in fact, they hardly spoke at all by third year!

The two went onto have their own lives—at least until a very-married Dolly returned to Britain in 1887 and attempted to reconcile the relationship. Victoria welcomed the presence of her old childhood friend in her life, and after admitting that she was displeased with her still-unmarried status, Dolly sent for her Moroccan matchmaking friend, Inès Valentine, to find Victoria her soulmate!

Suggested PB is Sofia Carson, with alternatives to be age-appropriate. POC welcome!

Immediate Ties: Dolores Diggory, Inès Valentine
Double Up!: Thistle Potts

THE BEST FRIEND

for Justice Rookwood
b. 1872-1873 | MCAB | Ravenclaw | Fifth Year ('88) | #PrefectSeason

"Gideon" is the best friend of Justice Rookwood. Born between 1872-1873, Gideon began his schooling in September of 1884 and was sorted into Ravenclaw. While not prejudiced, Gideon is quick to make judgments — especially when he perceives someone as a threat. Has always considered himself a surrogate brother for the brother-less Justice, and often jokes that he'll end up married to Faye one day.

More of a jock than an academic, he could likely play (or try out!) for the Ravenclaw team. His intellect  comes in the form of witty humor and clever ways to get himself out of trouble.

Suggested PB is Mason Cook, with alternatives to be age-appropriate. POC welcome!

Immediate Ties: Justice Rookwood
Potential Ties: Beatrix Borgin, Holliday Fudge, Rupert Bingham, George Waterford, Citrine Weasley, Maksym Dragomirov, Elisabeth Cadden, Clementine Rookwood
Double Up!: "Gregory" | Wallace Bixby | Goodluck Warbeck"

THE "DO-YOU-OR-DON'T-YOU?" CRUSH

for Justice Rookwood
b. 1872-1873 | MCAB/WCAB | Hufflepuff/Gryffindor | Fifth Year ('88) | #PrefectSeason

"Jemima" is the sorta-friend-sorta-crush of Justice Rookwood. Born in 1872-1873, she began Hogwarts in September of 1884 and was sorted into Hufflepuff or Gryffindor (Hufflepuff would allow her to be dorm-mates with Justice's sister!). While never particularly bold, Jemima has a strong sense of loyalty and is extremely protective of those she cares for. She suffers from deep insecurities (for which the reason is up to the player!) and tends to surround herself with people who make her feel important.

Justice began paying her attention in fall of 1886, but after they shared an ill-advised kiss during Christmas break, she was overwhelmed with guilt and cut him out of her life. One of her friends ("Ida") recently joined Justice's friend group and dragged her along, reviving the guilt she'd long suppressed.

Due to her noticeable anxiety around him, Justice's interest in her has also been revived, but he still hasn't quite figured out what to do about it. Their relationship going forward is open.

The (strongly) suggested PB is Yara Shahidi, but alternatives should be age-appropriate. POC encouraged!

Potential Ties: Frida Lestrange, Darling Whitledge, Clementine Rookwood, Ruby Urquart
Double Up!: Ms. Banges

THE PEST OF A "FRIEND"

for Justice Rookwood
b. 1872-1873 | MCAB | Not Ravenclaw | Fifth Year ('88) | #PrefectSeason

"Ethel" is the friend(?) of Justice Rookwood. Born in 1872-1873, she began Hogwarts in September of 1884 and was sorted into any house but Ravenclaw. While not necessarily a social climber, Ethel is of the belief that social bounds do not apply to her and as such has a tendency to push her way into other peoples' lives. Such was the case when she out nowhere and began chatting up Justice and his friends before and after quidditch practice, at breakfast, in class, etc., causing Justice and her friends to side-eye her.

Ever the nice one, Justice has been unwilling to tell her to shove it and has put up with her — especially since she dragged "Jemima" into their group. She may be crushing on Justice or "Gideon", but that isn't required.

The suggested PB is Molly Jackson, with alternatives to be age-appropriate. POC welcome!

Potential Ties: Frida Lestrange, Darling Whitledge, Clementine Rookwood, Ruby Urquart, Seneca Lestrange, Chrysanta Ruskin
Double Up!: Ms. Banges | "Dolores"

Post Log
Ad Guidelines
  Please contact me before creating the character via PM @ Roberto Devine or Skype if you have me.
  If you drop the character without discussion, I reserve the right to re-advertise them.
Alexander's "Boyfriend"
Back in 1887, Alexander drew the flames of affection of this man and Alexander unknowingly kept fanning it. He accidentally gave this man the idea that things could possibly be returned which emboldened said gent into making his affections known and making a move on Alexander. Due to not wanting to be rude and confusion over what was happening, Alexander ended up sleeping with him.

This is a total "I didn't know we were dating" for Alexander and he still does not have a clue what is going on because he's a ditz like that. Add in the fact, that before this happened, Alexander was among the Victorian Era population that were ignorant of the fact that same-sex relations was a thing. Everything about this guy is open beyond the fact that they know Alexander somehow and well enough to have fallen for him. This can also be a currently played character if they fit the specs!

- rotating avs by bee! -
Ad Guidelines
Owain's Best Friend
This guy is Owain's best friend and also the guy that Owain is currently in love with. He is a Hufflepuff and in the same year as Owain and so started Hogwarts in 1881. He hardly speaks due to reasons that I'll let the player decide and usually depends on Owain conveying what he wants to say since Owain knows him that well. The only time he really talks at all is with Owain or when he absolutely has to. As a result, his verbal classwork sometimes suffers. It is up to the player if he is aware of Owain's feelings for him but I would prefer it if they were returned. It is also possible that both are unaware of the others feelings with each thinking their love is unrequited when it's not, which could be fun.

avs by bee!
“Love love love is my crime. So baby come catch me and let's do the time.
I think we might be outlaws. I think I might be in love.”
Ad Guidelines and Intro:
Formatting will be minimal for I am a lowly peasant and am on my phone.

Please PM me on this account or via Skype at Zargoltir if you want to pick a character up or have any questions.

If you drop a character, I will hold it for 2 weeks before advertising them again.

In each ad I will list a minimum thread commitment as well as any major plot and thread elements

Other than that, I am pretty open. Just let me know if you wanna change anything.

Character details will be in the top half, plot details in the bottom.

FOR Thomas Tilcott
ARTHUR TILCOTT is fifty one years old and is a pureblooded middle-class man who either likely has a level four type of job at the absolute highest or is retired completely. He is married to Magnolia Tilcott.

He used to play for Puddlemere United though has retired by the time his daughter Rosalie is born in 1871.

Since then, though he is proud of Thomas and they have a good relationship, he has settled as a family man (whom often dotes on his wife and spoils his daughter - though this could be covering a dark secret (which is up to you)!) and wants Thomas to do the same before he retires.

He writes to Thomas often and visits most - if not all - of his games.

His ideal playby is Liam Cunningham but if you can think of someone better, please let me know.

Now onto the plot I need.

This character is temporary and should last no longer than 8 months at the most (likely less).

This is a multi-thread (minimum of 5 threads not including letters to Thomas - you can do any other threads and posts you want) and multi-month character commitment which will end around Winter 1888 (if anyone picks it up in time).

The plot revolves around his father pressuring Thomas to find himself a wife and start a family as retirement from Quidditch is on the horizon.

We will focus on character building and development in order to progress this plotline as Arthur's health begins to decline before eventually succumbing to the cold during the winter, where he will die.

Arthur will be trying to find potential suitors for Thomas as well as trying to spend as much time as possible with his family as his health does begin to fall - Thomas will take a break from Quidditch to be with his father as necessary.

There should be one secret for Thomas to find out after Arthur's death and the details of this are entirely up to you. Could he have a second wife, Magnolia isn't Thomas' mother, or perhaps something we won't expect?!

After Arthur dies, the character would need to be archived and Thomas will not be present when Arthur does die. He will be informed by Magnolia. This will drive Thomas' desire to start a family and quit Quidditch as his father wanted.

The secret will be revealed at the funeral in some huge dramatic way!

This is a big opportunity to help develop Thomas as a character and become a great person who isn't all sportsball.

Please let me know if you're interested!
The Brother in Law
— For Phoebe Yaxley  —

KENTON YAXLEY
b. 1867 | UCPB | Gentleman of Leisure | Suggested PB: Edward Wilding

Kenton went to school with Phoebe and likely was in Slytherin with her. He's well aware of her antics then and now. Problem is, he's always had a liking for her and has been a bit jealous Gregory was the one that got to marry her. She's never given him much notice beyond being a brother in law until now. She's well aware of how attractive he is and has started wondering what it would have been like had she been stuck married to him instead of Gregory. Kenton is the total opposite of his brother in personality and can be a bit outspoken and is most certainly confident. I certainly see some potential for plotting murder either simply on his part in hopes of getting the girl and the money or even a combined planning between him and Phoebe.

WILLING TO TRADE!

Kenton has a played sister - Livia Crabbe
Older Brother Wanted

Mr. ____ Banges is Gerard's only older sibling, his brother. Open face, open name, he would be a WCPB born in 1865. Whether he is married, courting, or unattached is up to you. The main reason I want him is because he is the reason Gerard no longer lives with his family, and Gerard very much blames him for their father's decision to take him out of school, while the older brother got to continue on because of his 'older son' status. Mr. Banges probably noticed this and is confident that he is better than his brother. He would likely be doing something with his Hogwarts skills, though he won't inherit the shop until his father retires.

What I want is a rival, someone who Gerard knew from the beginning was considered better than himself, and he secretly hated it the whole time. Why Mr. Banges keeps the shop from Gerard is up to you, it could be that he just wants to own it because he likes it, or it could be because of some more scandalous reason(which is honestly kinda what I wanna do, we can discuss it!)

Right now, PM is the only way to reach me, so PM if you're interested and we can talk.
MJ's Plottables
Guidelines:
  • Please contact me before picking up one of my wanteds! If in doubt as to how to reach me, PM Elias Grimstone.
  • Let me know if you plan to drop the character, temporarily or otherwise! If they go inactive and I don't hear from you, I reserve the right to put them back up for adoption.
  • For the most part bolded facts are fixed, but (depending on the character) I might be flexible on some of the details, provided you discuss your ideas with me first!
Last updated: 16/05/18 | Click here for my adoptables!

For Ishmael

Ishmael doesn't often turn people into vampires, but when he does, it's usually because he's gotten attached. He met these two - at different times - while they were still human, magic or muggle, and has either seen them on and off since then or they've fallen off his radar for a while and showed up in Britain out of the blue. Their backstories are very flexible, as they will be younger than Ishmael but can be from anywhere between then and now, be it from Revolutionary America, turn-of-the-century France, or basically anywhere from Britain, Europe, or Asia. I'd prefer you to talk to me first, obviously, so we can figure out the details - also take a look at Lynn's vampire plottables to see whereabouts they might fit into Lyra's schemes. These characters can be either permanent or temporary, depending on what you want to do with them: either way, come join the vamp!drama!

VAMPIRE BROMANCE

B.???? | WC VAMPIRE | PB: OPEN

This dude once helped Ishmael out of a bind, and they became friendly after that. In fact, they were such bros that when this guy got in a life-threatening situation, Ishmael got sentimental and rescued him from his untimely deathbed. Or that's how Ishmael remembers it. This guy is much less cool with being a vampire than Ishmael is; being a good, honest, moral person, he has issues with drinking people's blood and may well have a lot of #angst if he has killed people in the past. Understandably, this has caused a bit of a rift in their friendship - Ishmael just wants him to lighten up and have fun so they can continue to be bros eternally. Pictured is Aldis Hodge but face is totally open, depending on their background.

CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND

B.????| WC VAMPIRE | PB: OPEN

Okay, so turning this girl was a Big Mistake. When they met and she was human, Ishmael probably had a big old crush on her and they may have started off having a fling and/or Ishmael using her as a willing blood bank. At some point, he turned her (either accidentally, or because #Romance?) but he quickly came to regret this, when he realised this girl likes being a vampire too much. Even more than Ishmael, she has no qualms about feeding off people - or killing them - and probably lures her victims out by trying to seduce them. She may target a certain type of person she has a vendetta against, or may never have bothered to learn any control and just goes on mad sprees, letting other people clean up her messes. Obviously, if she doesn't reform her ways, she may well get into big trouble in Hogsmeade - but how things go is all up to you! Pictured is Jessica Parker Kennedy but face is totally open, depending on their background. Reserved for Lady!

For Jude Wright

EMILIA WRIGHT

B.1836 | UCHB/PB | PB: NAOMI WATTS

Jude's mother. Emilia comes from a generally traditional/conservative upper class family. Although she and her husband got along reasonably enough, it was probably an advantageous match more than one of affection -  and, for whatever reason, they only had one child. Unfortunately for them, that child was Jude. Precocious as a kid and painfully opinionated as a teenager, he didn't make it easy for them to be the typical hands-off UC parents, but things only got worse after he'd graduated Hogwarts, butting heads with his father and derailing far too many dinner parties with socialist rhetoric and other distressing things. Worried about their standing in their social circles, they basically tell him to shape up or ship out - Jude does the latter, moves away to London, and basically ignores his parents' existence as much as humanly possible. At first, at least, they do the same to him - but they come across as perhaps too soft to disown him properly, as when Michael dies of the Laughing Plague in 1884, his will passes on the family estate and inheritance on to Jude as though nothing has happened. (No one is best pleased about this.)

Emilia herself may continue to live on the estate, rent somewhere in Hogsmeade/London, or some combination of both. Her personality is largely open, as is her Hogwarts house, what she does with herself since her husband's death, and how her feelings have or have not changed. I imagine her own rep/social standing has probably suffered somewhat since her socialite wife days, and she may have gravitated towards new friendships or interests as a widow. At some stage in her life, she might even have liked to have a career of her own - but as a married UC woman, didn't follow through - so maybe she's thinking about that again! Maybe she's even becoming more liberal! ;) Regardless, I think it would be interesting if Emilia tried to bridge the gap with Jude and gradually repair their relationship - but I'm pretty open to seeing how things develop!  

(Her natal family situation is also up to you, since Jude probably holds the title of 'Angry Gay Cousin' and doesn't see much of the extended family anymore.) Suggested face is Naomi Watts, but open to alternatives as long as they're blonde/blue-eyed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adoptable Characters Charming 14 4,082 March 18, 2018 – 7:16 PM
Last Post: Madeleine Backus