Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Bunny Devon for Anne Devon. My fair lady of the night
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Finn's Networking
Open 
Player Name Finn

Billie Farrow
9 | Pre-Hogwarts | Working Class | Half-Blood
Rat Catcher

Quick Facts:  Billie is a nine-year-old ragamuffin who is currently wandering about Hogsmeade and catching rats for a living.  Ever since her muggle family disowned her for showing bursts of accidental magic, she has lived life disguised as a boy, a secret she very heavily guards.  The wizarding world is a bit of a foreign place to her, but she has been doing her best to try and adjust to the new world she thinks she belongs in.
Looking for... Friends!  Awesome people!
-Other children for her to run around and cause mischief with.  
-Adults whom she befriends for one reason or another.  
-Someone to take her under their wing and help introduce her to the magical world.  
-Clients who need their house/shop/whatever cleared of rats, or people who need an errand boy.
-Her unknown father was a wizard, so perhaps some sort of relation finds her by chance.
-An adventure partner!
-Someone who likes animals.
-I'm pretty open to most anything.

Leo Lupin
4 and a half | Pre-Hogwarts | Upper Class | "Pureblood"
Tiny Terrorist

Quick Facts:  Leo is a spoiled, four and a half year old boy.  He is used to getting what he wants, and he will throw an absolute fit (or seek revenge) if he is denied.  He wants his mother's attention, most of all, and he will stoop to any level to get it.  He loves to fly around on his toy broom, throw rocks at animals, bully others, and generally cause mischief.
Looking for...
-People to harass while he's out with his parents or nanny.
-Someone whose small animal he can toss stones at, etc.
-Someone who might try to be his friend.
-Anything really, haha.  Do you want your character to be shouted at by an ankle biter?  Or be told something in a blunt, honest way?

Archer Belby
11 | TBD House | Middle Class | Half-Blood
Incoming First Year

Quick Facts:  Shy, compassionate, and curious, Archie's first day of Hogwarts is barely a blink away. He is anxious for it to begin, and he's been trying to inch out of his shell in preparation. However, his introvert tendencies sometimes makes that difficult, and the fact his father is a known werewolf who also divorced his mother sort of thins the playing field. He is always asking questions and wanting to learn. Currently, he's keenly interested in finding out everything he can about werewolves and vampires in particular, but he also has a desire to learn more about ghosts, goblins, etc. He's worried he'll never make friends at school, and that he'll academically be a disappointment to his family.
Looking for...
-Other incoming first years!  Friends, enemies, both?
-An extroverted friend to help pull him out of his shell.
-Others with an interest in werewolves, vampires, ghosts, etc.
-Real life encounter(s) with any of the above.  Positive or negative.
-Fellow knowledge seekers and readers.
-Open for other ideas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Billie Farrow's post:
   Edric Umbridge
Ahh, I love her!

Davinder is a 12 year old boy who's off to Hogwarts this year, but he used to live on the streets/in an orphanage when he was in India, so he would definitely want to talk with Billie!(even if his English isn't the best) Unfortunately, with the fog going around, they can't really meet up right now, but maybe they've met before when Davinder had to go run some errands for his guardians, or during a trip to Hogsmeade? He would have no trouble accepting that she was a boy, and would probably be more likely to talk with her too. If you want we can do a past thread?
[-] The following 2 users Like Davinder Patil's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Elsie Beauregard
Hello darling! I have a ton of Hogsmeade residents at your disposal!

Quincey Honeyduke  is the owner/proprietor of Honeyduke's Sweet Shop, except it was JUST demolished by a troll like ten days ago. It's fine. He's fine. He's not bitter or anything. He's always been known to be good to the neighborhood kids though and would have either possibly hired Billie out for errands if needed or passed along free sweets.

Elsie here lives in Hogsmeade as well and she's a softy who was almost a governess and has younger siblings, so she's a possibility for someone to take Billie under her wing and teach her! Same with her sister Adella Calendar  who is trying to start her own family and would probably cling to a little to love on. Adella's husband owns the pet shop on High Street too!

Daffodil Potts 's family owns the local florist, she she'd be another likely place to hang out/find some odd jobs to get paid for if she wanted! She also has a youngest sister who just attended Hogwarts for her first year this past year!

I think that's a good start! Welcome aboard, happy to have you!

[Image: vVzkgc.png]
Welcome Finn! First know I am sorely tempted to create Billie a friend. Unfortunately I'm not able to at the moment so I shall suffice with a gift of plot ideas.

Sisse Thompsett lives in Hogsmeade typically (her family is removed to Sanditon Resort for the duration of the fog). Sisse is about to start her second year as a Gryffindir at Hogwarts. She is very sweet and friendly but is proper and while she might run into Billie I doubt a friendship would take off. I am game for seeing if they would become friends (or even enemies if you'd be down with that) .

Also in Hogsmeade I have Percival Adlard Jr. He works for the Ministry in the beast division and with the fog has been around Hogsmeade a lot for work. He loves animals (and even kids) as such I could see him encountering Billie and growing find of her. If you are looking for a mentor I could see him taking on that role.

Then I have the spinster outcast Nimiane Bellchant. She lives in Irvingly but sometimes visits Hogsmeade. She is upperclass but a squib and I could see her encountering Billie and perhaps wanting to take her in? Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there.

I also have Asha Bilton who is my current lone working class. He has a string of bad luck and knows what it is like to be an orphan. Hes not often in Hogsmeade as he is only learning how to apperate now and is currently venturing into the fog, but if hes around I am more than happy to have a thread with them.

I am currently working on a temporary carnival worker that I could see her interacting with, but I will likely be apping him in a few days. When I do I'll send him your way.

Hope this gave you some ideas, I'm always open to more, just let me know.

[Image: pJDOHc.jpg]
Hi, Finn! Welcome to Charming.

I have a few offerings, though some are better off than others. Let me know which connections/threads you'd like—I'd be more than happy to do what I can to help you get started!
    Handsome Whitledge is currently useless because he's avoiding the fog-pocalypse by staying in London, but he usually resides in Hogsmeade! A fresh Hogwarts graduate, I'm always on the lookout for things to solidify him as an Adult Character™ rather than a student without a school to return to! Maybe he could teach Billie how to ride a broomstick in Padmore Park one of these days? <3

Tessa Darrow is the Minister's governess, but does enjoy being around children even when she's not educating the one's she's in charge of! Maybe she could help Billie with her reading one day? Helga Scamander is not a governess, but she wants to prove she's "society material" so might try some volunteering!

Dionisia Tweedy is a WCMB who works at Hogsmeade Hospital, and might be able to befriend Billie in an attempt to keep her off the streets. She was formerly of the MC but was disowned once her very religious muggle family could no longer hide from the fact that she was a witch!

I may have some potential male characters who could have fathered Billie depending on your needs! Some might be better for name-drops, while others might be able to have actual things with her IC?

set by MJ!
Post Log
Hello and welcome! I have a handful of peeps that could be of use for little Billie!

Fortuna, or Tuni as she's called, is a sweet girl currently smitten with a Quidditch player. She normally lives in Hogsmeade but is currently stranded in London thanks to the fog. But she is pretty much kind to any/everyone so she would have been friendly with Billie before if they met and likely would continue to be after she's back in town!

Emmeline Woodcroft is a WC girl that resides in Pennyworth! She's a lot like Tuni in regards to being nice to everyone but tends to take it a step further by trying to truly befriend those with less in life. She's currently set on trying to befriend a particularly grump house elf back at Hogwarts so I'm sure she can or would have tried to befriend Billie when she noticed her! She's only around Hogsmeade for the summers right now but she'll be done with school following this next term and then will be in Hogsmeade full time.

Gideon Ollivander is the Ollivander bro that owns the Hogsmeade shop! He'd probably have her help out around the shop doing odd jobs if she wanted simply because he's a kind and jovial sort. He's a notorious flirt with the ladies that come into his shop and if Billie were ever around she could crinkle her nose in disgust or give him hell for it. Either way, I think he'd like her quite a bit. He also has a pretty amazing cat that lives in the shop that she can love on.

Jameson Jewell and his brother own a shop featuring alcohol on High Street. Billie could have work there doing random things as well surely though Jamey would give her hell and tell her to make sure she stayed out of the booze, that it wouldn't be smart to start drinking at her age.

Tansy Tatting is a sweet little girl about to go to school for the first time in the fall! They can surely be friendly though Tansy is a bit more reserved and calm. She's often drawing if that could draw interest from Billie! And then her mom and aunt own a dress shop. They'd probably try to shoo Billie away but Tansy would be kind to her.

Zinnia Potts is the last big one I can think of! She's one of Daffy's older sisters so if Billie were to go to the florist shop, she'd see Zin, too!

Un-BEElievable Bee Set
[Image: peYKwW.png]
Davinder Patil

A past thread sounds great! They definitely would have things to talk about. (And Billie won't mind if his English isn't the best.) Billie wanders all around everywhere, so her and Davinder could have bumped into each other anywhere. :)
Elsie Beauregard

Hey there!

Billie would be more than happy to help either Daffodil's family or Quincy at their shops. She'll never say no to any sort of work. I think she'd be especially delighted to hang around a sweets shop. (What kid wouldn't, though? haha) So, I'm cool with whomever you think is best!

I also think Billie would enjoy meeting Elsie and/or Adella. Although she's a bit distrustful of strangers/new people, she's very friendly and would likely have fun talking with them.
Sisse Thompsett

Hello!

I think Sissie would be appalled by Billie's manners (or, well, lack thereof) and disinterest in being proper. haha So, that alone might set them on the path to being enemies. I think a meeting between them, when the fog is gone, might prove to be entertaining.

Billie would probably really like Percival just for the fact that he loves animals! I could see her maybe trying to give him all the rats (or other animals) she's caught because she doesn't want to kill them. haha She's also fairly new to the magical world, so she would be incredibly interested to learn about magical creatures she's never heard of.

And I'd be game for Billie meeting either Nimiane or Asha. The more the merrier! haha
Edric Umbridge

Hiya!

Billie would be over the moon to learn how to ride a broomstick. (And probably terrified haha.) So, her and Handsome meeting sometime after the fog would be fun!

Tessa and Helga both sound like great people for Billie to run into. The poor girl definitely needs help with her reading since her education has been very spotty.

I think Dionisia and Billie would definitely have something in common there with religious, muggle families, since her own mother employed the help of the church to try and stop her from doing odd things.

As far as fathers go, I'm pretty open to any possibility. I'm cool if the person is just a name, or if there's some sort of interaction. I figure she'd be a little bit angry either way, not understanding that the father probably didn't even know about her. haha (She's also terrified of learning who they were.)
   Edric Umbridge
Fortuna Lockhart

Tuni and Emmeline sound like great people for Billie to meet (or have already met) in Hogsmeade.

I think Billie would enjoy Gideon, and she would try not to barf when he makes kissy faces with the ladies. Hahaha She'd probably also pester him with a lot of curious questions. Awww and a cat.

Billie would totally help Jameson and his brother out. She's not picky about where she works. Thankfully, she's unlikely to start drinking because she's seen the effects of it in her life.

Tansy sounds cute. Haha Billie would likely be curious about her drawings and impolitely look over her shoulder to see what she was doing. So, perhaps, that could spark conversation between them. It's unlikely she'd visit the dress shop unless it was to find Tansy since, even when she lived as a girl, she didn't particularly like dresses anyways. Haha
(July 5, 2018 – 6:55 PM)Billie Farrow Wrote: Elsie Beauregard

Hey there!

Billie would be more than happy to help either Daffodil's family or Quincy at their shops. She'll never say no to any sort of work. I think she'd be especially delighted to hang around a sweets shop. (What kid wouldn't, though? haha) So, I'm cool with whomever you think is best!

I also think Billie would enjoy meeting Elsie and/or Adella. Although she's a bit distrustful of strangers/new people, she's very friendly and would likely have fun talking with them.

OMG I forgot my only child character, what a doofus! Sloane Bixby is a very adventurous incoming second year Gryffindor. She's super easygoing and friendly (and friends with Calla Potts and Sisse Thompsett) I doubt she'd be terribly judgey and just want to adventure.

ANYWHO. The sweet shop is in ruins, though Quin still get over there to try and clean some things up. I'm game for anything, pick whoever strikes your fancy and we can get something going!

(July 7, 2018 – 12:00 AM)Elsie Beauregard Wrote: OMG I forgot my only child character, what a doofus! Sloane Bixby  is a very adventurous incoming second year Gryffindor. She's super easygoing and friendly (and friends with Calla Potts and Sisse Thompsett) I doubt she'd be terribly judgey and just want to adventure.

ANYWHO. The sweet shop is in ruins, though Quin still get over there to try and clean some things up. I'm game for anything, pick whoever strikes your fancy and we can get something going!

Haha no worries! She also sounds fun, and Billie is always up for adventuring.

Is it cool if I narrow it to two, and you pick from there? (It's hard to choose!) Hmmmm! I figure Billie is having a little bit of trouble finding ways to be useful since the fog rolled in (though, she probably helped clear places of toads and locusts), so I'd say she's most likely to pester Daffodil or Quincey for some sort of work! She's not picky and wouldn't mind clearing rubble or badly helping with flowers. haha So, one of those two! Whomever you are feeling the most.
   Elsie Beauregard
Wonderful! Let's go with Daffy! Quin's kind of swamped with threads right now. I can start something for us if you'd like!

(July 7, 2018 – 1:23 AM)Elsie Beauregard Wrote: Wonderful! Let's go with Daffy! Quin's kind of swamped with threads right now. I can start something for us if you'd like!

Sure! :) Sounds good to me.
   Elsie Beauregard
Added Leo!