Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Bunny Devon for Anne Devon. My fair lady of the night
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

CYOA: Group E
"I doubt it's that easy when he apparently has not stayed dead before," Tiger pointed out logically. Nothing was ever that easy, especially when it came to shit like this. Not that he experienced things like this on a routine basis, of course.
Miriam Trelawney Frederick Townsend Kentigern MacFusty Mason Skeeter Clifford Goyle Thaddeus Davies Maeve Connolly
The corpse blinks, perhaps having expected, well, something to have happened. "Dying breath," he said to Mr. Skeeter, "And I don't lie."

The next 'prompt' post will be after either 48 hours have passed from the time of posting (11:40 PM EST on July 16th) or after every member of the party has posted one time if this occurs before that deadline. Please remember that you must post within 72 hours to continue participating. :)
If you did not post in the previous round, you have until 11:20 PM EST on July 18th to do so.

Are your characters stuck in the smalltalk loop?
Does your imagination feel like it just can't perform as it used to?
Mid-thread crisis getting you down?
Unable to get that post up?
Is your relationship suffering because of your inability to satisfy your partner?
SUFFER NO MORE!
With a little intervention from The Suggestionizer your RP life could be back on track in no time!

--> Click here for more details <--

Known side-effects include: chronic ridiculousness, immense satisfaction, itching, uncontrollable laughter, burning, deep regret, despair, shock, horror, incidental dismemberment, joy, and death. Use at your own risk!
Perhaps Meer's patience for worldview-shattering things is slim. Perhaps she was just dramatic after discovering the lake. Perhaps she just did not want to look at a talking corpse anymore. She herself did not want to consider her reasoning, and instead held her hand out expectantly at Mr. MacFusty. "If you don't want to do it I will, then," she snapped. Worst case scenario, stabbing the creature didn't work and they were back to square one!

Considering his sword was build for a six foot five man, he wasn't about to hand it over to the snappish woman and wouldn't have even if she had been built to lift it, let alone wield it so he ignored her outstretched hand. He wasn't willing to be stupid about this like she apparently was. "I'll do it, if you're so insistent but I doubt it will do anything," he stated before slashing at the corpse man thing. The man wasn't alive so he didn't have many qualms about doing so.
At first, the man’s offer seemed simple. But soon Clifford realized that some ordinary wounds wouldn’t do the job - as a grievous wound on the man’s chest illustrated - and they had no magic to do anything above simple hits and stabs.

Some people in the group seemed to have a plan, though, unlike Clifford. So he stood and watched whether it would work.

Thaddeus watched as the sword was swung at the corpse, feeling apprehensive about the plan. He turned to the group and said, "Does anyone have matches? As a secondary plan, should the sword not work." He had a length of rope, but doubted that the typical methods would truly work -- was it possible to strangle a corpse back to death?