Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Am I Actually Doing This?
July 6th, 1888

To the Wallflower,

It is not in my nature to pen such letters, nor in my nature to respond to advertisements such as that which was posted in Witch Weekly. However, certain recent events in my life have led me to be keenly aware of my own mortality, and highlighted what is missing from my life: a wife. You, potentially.

I have a capable grasp of several languages, though am curious as to which is your preference. We might converse in French or in German; while I cannot write in foreign alphabets, I have a proficiency speaking in several.

Mine is an established household that is not unwelcome to new arrivals. I would provide a comfortable lifestyle for any woman who I chose to wed, and who chose myself in return.

Yours,

A. C.

* Italicized words are written in the language in question.

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Ophelia Devine

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Miss Petra Sleptova,

Witch Weekly is pleased to inform you that your recent submission to our Lonely Hearts article has generated a response. Witch Weekly is devoted to providing help to all of our readers, no matter what their social disadvantages, and we are delighted to provide this service to the lovelorn in our magical community. We hope that you will be able to create a happy ending with our help, instead of being doomed to a tragically lonely life.

Please see the enclosed letter and advise us whether you will need your advertisement repeated in further issues of our magazine.
Y. Ventus
Editor in Chief
Witch Weekly

Get Featured in Witch Weekly! | Submit an article!
PMs on this account will not be checked.
Please contact a member of the Wench team for more information:
MJ | Lynn | Olive | Kit | Dante

July 8th, 1888
Dear A. C.,
I'm afraid I haven't read the advertisement in Witch Weekly, I hope it wasn't wildly misleading. I don't take out a subscription, you see.

Between French and German my preference would have to be for French, I sadly know little more than the odd German word. I do happen to be a native Russian speaker though.

Before I give a misleading impression of myself, I must be up front: I prefer intellectual pursuits to those of a society wife, and to make matters worse I have a visible disfigurement.

If you are not yet deterred from writing back, what do you enjoy doing in any spare time you might have?

Yours sincerely,
Miss S.

The following 2 users Like Petra Sleptova's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Ophelia Devine

Thank you Bee for my stunning Secret Swap gift <3
July 11th, 1888

Miss S,

I, too, have a visible disfigurement.

In terms of my spare time, I fear I have little enough of it. The nature of my occupation is such that even leisure time is often spent in the company of others in a professional capacity. Travel is something that has piqued my interest since I was a boy, though, and I daresay that I have seen more of the world than many. I also do enjoy a good book, and other immobile pursuits.

Yours,

A. C.

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
July 13th, 1888
Dear A. C.,

I, too, enjoy reading a great deal. It would seem we have more in common than I would have anticipated.

I hope you'll forgive me if this is overly forthright of me, but how do you see a wife fitting in to your life? I cannot imagine there are many men who would want a wife to be anything but what society expects her to be, but there's little point in corresponding further unless you are one such exception.

I would not want to waste any more of your time.

Yours sincerely,
Miss S.

Thank you Bee for my stunning Secret Swap gift <3

View a Printable Version