Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Headcanons Thread
    Quote:FawkesWork: I've bene thinking about putting them in my post logs
    55 secs ago
    FawkesWork: headcannons are the best
    4 mins ago
    Rosa: also hi
    4 mins ago
    Rosa: I would live there
    4 mins ago
    Rosa: someone should definitely start that
    4 mins ago
    iemma: Oooooh yes
    4 mins ago
    Rosa: Ooh, headcanons thread
    5 mins ago
    iBeanie: Someone should start a headcanons thread because I like to talk about my characters and I like reading other people talking about their characters

So yes! Talk about your characters. Unless they're IC spoilers, i don't want to know about that. >.>
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    So Zelda's wand.

It is mahogany.

When I was writing her app, I was staring aimlessly at the wand wood HPwiki page (as one does) and went "hey, she's a little bit like James Potter."

So I ctrl+fed James Potter.

The only information on his wand wood is that a) it is mahogany, b) it is super well-suited to transfiguration. And since Cash is super BAD at transfiguration I decided that I should have one character who's really GOOD at it.

This ended up being a really good decision, because Zelda threatening to turn people into goats is hilarious to me.

And THAT is why Zelda is good at transfiguration.
    set by MJ!

Two of these are IC secrets but I don't care what Beanie says, I want to share. Also I'm blockquoting because I want my headcanons to be seperate from my note.
    Gertrude is a vegetarian.

I'm 90% sure Athena isn't a virgin.

Alfie thinks pretty much everyone who works for him is a nobby. Though lbr, two of them are Barney and Toussant. This isn't surprising.

Lou has sex like Judy Murray dances. She has a whale of a time, but she looks like she has rigamortis.
    Gertrude speaks with a Mancunian accent
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME DRAWING BY JENNY
    [Image: 7D8ZuIl.png]
    the glory is of course MJ's
    [Image: jhucnm.jpg][Image: 29wak5e.gif][Image: Baintaine2_zps2cbaf4a1.gif]
    Hammy's accent is not nearly as thick as the rest of his family's because he worked on it for his story telling, which he used to do as professionally as the era allowed. It's still obvious, but he's understandable for reason!
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    Related to Rosa's Alfie one: Elliot used to work in Alfie's office. The amount of douche in that office turned him off of ministry jobs forever.
    set by MJ!

Esteban Zavalas sexuality is #yolo. He seems to prefer women slightly more though.
    Ald has been indulging Griz in her obsession with child-bearing hips for so long that he had started to half-believe that the size of a woman's hips is directly proportional to her ability to survive childbirth.

Also, he really enjoys making his sons uncomfortable and so sometimes purposefully makes awkward comparisons between Griz's figure and those of his daughters-in-law or over-shares a bit; however, he would never do so to the girls' faces unless he was sure they could give as good as they got in a tease-off.
    Tor has a heavy Scottish accent that might or might not be written out.

set by Jenny
    Emma is left-handed. I actually decided this last week because I apparently never decided, but my thoughts:

She's super good at writing right-handed (bc obviously that's how she was taught) and will do spell work that way unless she's alone, in which case she does it left handed "and damn the lot of you."
    set by MJ!

Reming has a bad [well I guess its not bad bad] habit of washing his hands all the time when he isn't in his animagus form. Since he spends so much of his time in his animagus form for his research and whatnot, once he's actually back to being a human the feeling of dirty hands bothers him. There's just something about dirty human hands versus the feel of dirty wolf paws that he can't stand.
    August is currently recovering from amnesia. For the past year and seven months he's been living under the name "Peter" as a LC muggle. He is very slowly remembering bits and pieces of his old life, and thusly will probably not recall your character at all as of right now.

Set by the amazing MJ<3

Esther talks to her cats when she's alone. Not that that's surprising

Even Harriet struggles to remember her kids order so mentally numbers them.

She also blames the Felicia/Felicity thing on chloroform.

Delight fancies a boy but IDEK who, and the same goes for Anne.

Elsa likes to sneak into the family barn and sing to the cows because she can.

Freddie probably has a bastard in like Turkey that he doesn’t know about.

James now has a paralysing fear of veela.

Etsy’s family used to live next door to Orpheus, which is part of the reason he got his house cheap.

Anthe is unable to cast any form of patronus because she’s nearly always miserable.

Despite hating his mother getting involved in his life Orpheus would never court a woman she didn’t like because he’s secretly a mama’s boy.

Jane secretly wants to marry but would be too shy to ever encourage any men.

Ambrose would basically let his daughter decide his marriage because he’s hopeless and wants her to be happy with her step mother.

Fairy sings in the bath, but uses a silencing charm so no one has ever heard her.

Alexandre caused Anne’s first show of magic but no one but him believes that.

Vesta is secretly very romantic.

Sunny’s magic is weaker than normal so she struggles with spellwork, but will be very good at other subjects.

Linny secretly wants a pet hippogriff.

Toussaint is crushing so bad on Elsie (not so much a secret but yeah) and doesn’t know what to do with himself.

Prosperity is rather bitter that she doesn’t have magic and is desperate to marry into a magical family, despite the fact that her twin doesn’t fully trust magic.

The reason Theo doesn't sleep with Lou that often is not because of the rigor mortis but because he dreads to think what their kids would end up like.
    [Image: H2D1Mfp.png]
    Gorgeous set by Soph <3
    Wylmet is very MINE about Rewan, and despite her sweet nature, will cut a bitch if he were to be dumb enough to stray. She also likes being carried around by him.

Catherine has no real idea about her attractiveness to men. She also rarely, if ever, uses her veela charm purposefully.
    [Image: 205fst0.png]
    SET BY JANNI
    Oh and despite being a Ravenclaw, Anne really stuggles with logic because she has no attention span. She's probably gotten locked out of the common room before because she doesn't have the patience to work out the riddle XD
    [Image: H2D1Mfp.png]
    Gorgeous set by Soph <3
    EDIT: I decided to put a little more thought into these...

Ezra is likely a natural legilimens without even knowing it. He's very good at reading people and understanding situations that most wouldn't be able to ever guess.

Ezra has allergies, which isn't very exciting, but he's got them.

Ezra wanted to work for the Department of International Magic Co-Operation as a translator/ambassador to Ireland in hopes of creating a better future for Irish wizarding families and muggleborns. Those dreams were dashed because Ezra never got to attend Hogwarts.

Ezra dreams of rising to the Middle Class.

Evangeline hopes that her husband, Edward, will simply keel over one day, so she can run off and marry Elias like she should have done in the first place.

She is still very much in love with Elias.

She and her eldest stepdaughter don't get along at all because they attended Hogwarts together and were in the same year. The eldest Rowle daughter thinks her father is a fool for marrying Evangeline and believes that having Evangeline as a stepmother will ruin her chances at finding a good match, despite her own family's respectability. Basically, she blames everything on Evangeline.

Evangeline is currently trying to learn how to become an animagus and will eventually succeed in taking the form of a Common Starling.

Soledad has recently developed a crush on Gogo Striebel because I can totally see them growing older and getting married. <3

SET BY JENNY

The MacFusty boys grew up seeing their Da carry Ma around over his shoulder.

Tor first brought up the idea of divorce to Cecily the day Connor was born, but at that point had no reason to press the matter. He had thought about it before then.
    Tor has a heavy Scottish accent that might or might not be written out.

set by Jenny
    Utopia writes in her journal as though it is an adventure novel and dramatizes the things that happen to her. She calls it the Fantastic Misadventures of Miss Merrily Vane.

Mordecai Grimaldi used to be suuuuuper shady and has probably killed a man before. Maybe more than one. He won't tell me, or anyone. Also he would totally paint his house pink if Fanny wanted it cause he's a sucker. D:

Malvina MacFusty totally used to run around in a kilt when she was younger because all her brothers did.

Mungo MacFusty still forgets that he only has one arm sometimes and gets frustrated when he accidentally faceplants into things because there isn't a hand to steady himself.

Rozenn Lozach secretly loves rowdy drinking songs.

Regilla Cockburn can actually be quite graceful when she isn't put on the spot or nervous. She also has a fondness for birds and the one thing she rescued from the flames was her pet peacock Sir James. XD

Watson Faulkner is kind of like a young Mr. Darcy in my head before the whole "really I'm not a dick" phase. It amuses me.

Briljiantia Mysterium thinks that she killed her two previous husbands with her vagina and is rather scared of ever marrying again as she thinks she will end up killing again. XD

Fionnuala Dairine had a moment of extreme jealousy and bitterness when it was decided that Griz would get pregnant again. Then she felt uncharitable and guilty about it and repressed it like all her other emotions.

Zephyra Zane fully intends to one day marry her daughter to Eleora's son.

Frida Lestrange is paranoid about just about any awful situation that is suggested to her. She is also rather gullible when it comes to Seneca and Gretchen.

Tessa Darrow sings and talks to plants partly because it makes her happy to do so and partly because it fucks with peoples heads when she pretends that they talk back. XD

Alice Lovegood consistently thinks that she is the only thing that stands between Ozias and death and that should anything happen to her Oz would waste away and die. Never mind that he has a wife who she forgets is married to him.

Charming Doge nearly blew up the entire block during the fire when his house caught fire. Luckily it didn't reach his work room where he kept rather volatile substances. Also, his great uncle Copernicus has a habit of taking his trousers off and running around in his short pants shouting at tiny elephants with umbrellas or some such.

Griselda MacFusty can be appeased with babies. If you're in hot water either tell her you knocked your wife up or shove a grandchild in her face and she will be suitably distracted for a time.

Archimedes Atherton plays hide and seek with his horse. He is also considering courting a middle class woman because of her eyes (though he does like the rest of her too).

Brighid "Bride" Hooligan has an inner child that loves stories and cake but she only really lets it out around her birthday. Otherwise she's a jaded little shit.

Fallon Abernathy hoards candy wherever she goes and then throws it at her brother's friends when she visits. Secretly it's to make up for purposely annoying the crap out of at least half of them.

Cadan Vickery occasionally mistakes Wilma or Ia for Marya and will grab them and then get really annoyed when they aren't the right one. Also, he has a strange fondness for the family otter and tries to sneak it into the bed on a weekly basis. ALSO he tries to name his unborn children things like Squid and Seaweed. ALSO ALSO he will be a good father. And might even sober up just a tiny bit; like so that he can walk without dropping the kid.
    [Image: utopiasig.png]
    [Image: L1Pa38L.png][Image: EWRAd9K.png]
    [Image: Club-Book.png]
    #brainybadger
    Ancient Runes. Ancient Studies. Art. Astronomy. Charms. Defense Against the Dark Arts
    Earth Magic. Etiquette. History of Magic. Potions. Transfiguration
    Love kind of wishes Gilroy abducted her from the Black Ball but for the sake of her reputation is also glad he didn't.
    née dalton. half-veela but is passed off as being a pureblood.
    [Image: oTlgDz.png]
    [Image: knrDRQM.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      #this thread is awesome James Riley 100 25,461 10-23-2017, 11:36 AM
    Last Post: Ophelia Dippet
      Adoptable thread titles! Marietta Bobbin 11 2,353 08-17-2017, 05:52 PM
    Last Post: Tristan Michaud
      Beanie Goes to Tanzania Thread Cassius Lestrange 3 385 08-16-2017, 02:24 PM
    Last Post: Cassius Lestrange
      CAN ANYONE HEAR YOUR SCREAMS? (Group Thread!) Odira Potter 7 950 10-08-2016, 09:20 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Plot Twist Generator Group Thread Chaos Time! Ursula Black 10 1,319 09-01-2016, 03:42 PM
    Last Post: Ursula Black