Vesta Henrietta Bones
31st October, 1872
Not purchased yet
- Mistletoe Wood- considered a sacred and feminine wood, mistletoe is a steady but not exceptionally powerful wood. Vesta likes the fact it polishes well, and that it’s dark colour with some reddish tinges matches her hair.
- Occamy Feather- Bought from the far east, Vesta’s core was probably originally meant as an experiment, but she finds it works well for her. The feather is normally of average power unless needed for defense, at which it excels.
- 10”- Not exceptionally long, the length of her wand points to her fairly composed nature.
- Slightly Springy- Vesta can be persuaded but can also easily return to her original point of view.
- Annabelle Bones, Mother- Probably due to her returning to work not long after her birth, Vesta is not exceptionally close to her Mother but still loves her deeply. She’s not sure what to make of the fact that she works, which in her mind isn’t a totally ladylike thing, but consoles herself with the fact that its a very respectable profession. Since Henry’s death Vesta has relied more and more on her mother for comfort, but is less than impressed that she’s now having another child.
Henry Bones, Father- Having taken her middle name from him, his working also stopped them being extraordinarily close, but Vesta always tended to seek him out rather than her Mother when she had the chance. She was much a daddy’s girl as a proper upper class child with a working Father can be, and was devastated by his death.
- Rosamund Bones, Sister- Vesta looks up to Rosamund as only a little sister can. She hopes to one day be as composed and accomplished as her big sister and can’t wait to be joining her at Hogwarts, though is a little worried she might do something awful and embarrass her.
Arthur Bones, Brother- Arthur didn’t live out his first year, and as such Vesta has never known him.
- Eldin Bones, Brother- Though closer in age to Vesta than Rommy, Eldin and Vesta have never gotten along particularly well- after all, he’s an annoying older brother and not a proper gentleman.
Vesta’s appearance favours her Mother’s more than her sisters does, with dark eyes that are slightly hazelly in some light and very slightly wavy brown hair that can look a little coppery at times, though never enough to be distressing. Despite her mouth being a little wider than a classical beauty- something Vesta is only too aware of- she shows every sign of growing up pretty, and already is certainly striking. At 4’11” Vesta is a little taller than most girls her age and will most likely take after her mother in standing a few inches above the norm, but nothing extreme. She uses her right hand like any proper lady, and takes advantage of the fact she is going through her growth spurt a few years early, attempting to look more mature than she actually is by pinning up her hair prettily and only wearing a pinafore over her dresses when necessary to avoid dirt- one thing she definitely cannot stand.
On Halloween eve, Vesta was born the second daughter and fourth child to Annabelle and Henry Bones- really a spare, already having a healthy son and daughter, but loved none the less, especially as the baby of the family. Vesta has always thought of her birthday as being rather fitting for a witch though slightly resents the fact it can get overshadowed by the Halloween festivities.
The Boneses relocate to Hogsmeade. Vesta can remember very little of the move beyond finally being allowed a proper bedroom in their new home rather than having to sleep in the nursery. She also remembers being promised that there’ll be lots more new playmates for her to play with. That summer she begins lessons with her governess, and proves a bright, if not exceptionally intelligent, child, and quickly picks things up.
Rommy leaves for Hogwarts. Vesta is very upset, especially as she’s convinced she’s a squib as she hadn’t yet shown any sign of magic and therefore will never join her sister at Hogwarts. That Christmas, Vesta shows her first sign of magic, making the embroidered robins on her wool coat hop around.
Noting her love of music but no particular talent at the piano, Vesta’s governess introduces her to the violin. She is immediately taken with the instrument and receives a scaled down version of the instrument of her own that Christmas.
Vesta turns 11, though resigns herself to the fact that she’ll be nearer 12 by the time for her to attend Hogwarts comes. By way of consolation, that christmas she receives a Scottish Fold kitten to accompany her to Hogwarts the following autumn. She promptly names the little thing Viola and takes to dressing it in ribbons.
That March, Henry dies and Vesta is frankly inconsolable, more so when she finds out her mother is pregnant- now not only is she missing her Papa, but she’s also going to be a middle child and no longer the family baby. She’s going to be totally forgotten when she leaves for Hogwarts (though she is very excited to go nonetheless), she just knows it. She is upset (yet again!) when she discovers that the start of term has been delayed (what if she never gets to go? she’s almost 12 already!), though is very happy and proud when Rommy is announced as prefect.
Vesta’s greatest desire in life is to be the perfect, elegant young lady and socialite. She is a firm believer in propriety and whilst largely unprejudiced she doesn’t totally trust muggleborns- after all, she’s heard about the things they do- and wouldn’t like to get too close to a halfblood incase they tried to introduce her to their muggle relatives and she got burned at the stake or something. Vesta also isn’t keen on lower class people beyond feeling a duty to be charitable towards them because she’s heard that they carry all sorts of diseases and vulgar habits and stuff. This tendency to form opinions based on what she has heard
is indicative of her slightly shadowish nature, provided that the person in question is one she deems a peer (mostly UCPB girls around her age or older) however this is more out of the desire to be seen as proper rather than being gullible. Growing up as the youngest has made Vesta a little spoilt and rather entitled as many young upper class girls are, and whilst she is generally friendly and sweet she can also be prone to bouts of jealousy
Out of Character
God am I meant to keep track?
How did you hear about us?:
IDEK I was tied to a tree.
Absolutely stunning pretties by MJ! <3
— You should be titled in a few moments. Please post with your new character in the Character Master List
— If you have a playby you would like to claim, you can go here
— Don't forget to record your character's past position(s) in our history records
— Not sure where to start? You can introduce yourself in a new topic here
and fill out the plottage preferences
form so people know what you're interested in. If you're looking for assistance in getting integrated into Charming, check out our Welcome to Charming: Getting Into the Game
doc written by newbies!
We also have a newly developed buddy system.
If you are new to Charming, you will be contacted by your assigned buddy within 48 hours. Once initial contact is made, you can decide whether you'd like to continue to participate in the buddy system or if you'd prefer to figure things out on your own.
— Our Networking Forum
is here. You can also hop in on a thread in our Lonely thread
list or start an open thread of your own.
— Don't forget to check out our Stamp Station
for some extra fun!
— We also have a member submitted and staff run Daily Prophet
that reports on in character happenings. Check it out so you can see how it might effect your future plots.
Thanks for deciding to join us, we hope you have a blast! :D
Currently on scarcity!
— Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —
set by the unparalleled lady