Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Bunny Devon for Anne Devon. My fair lady of the night
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Misery Loves Its Company | Bree's Networking
Open 

Edric Umbridge
36 | MCPB | Crushing
Head Auror

Friends | Likely other Ministry employees aged 28-45 or men around his age who might have known him at school!

Auror-ing(?) | Is your character the victim of a crime? Are they being wrongly accused of a crime? Are they being rightly accused? He's here for your needs.

Benjamin Ross
39 | MCHB | Married
Head of the Department of Magical Transportation

Ministry Members | Does your character work under him? In another department where he could be of use? Trying to use him as a political connection because of his relationship to Justin Ross?

Cordelia Porter
28 | MCHB | Married
Magical Bugs Healer

Friends | Other married ladies around her age, and preferably MCAB ones!

Healer-y(?) Stuff | Have a character in need of medical assistance? Casually dying in the hospital and in need of a friend in their last moments? She has a good bedside manner.

Dolores Diggory
22 | MCHB | Married
Wife

Friends | Other MCAB ladies around her age, either married or unmarried!

Matchmaking | One of Dolly's BFFs is Inès Valentine, whose presence she personally requested in Britain! Suffering romantic woes? She'll hook you up!

Finnian Byrne
31 | MCHB | Unattached
Lawyer

Work Woes | Finnian is less of a failwhale than he used to be, but he's by no means the most useful among his ranks! I'm always up for him fucking something up.

Bros | Other ACAB men around his age who might be equally as ridiculous as him.

Hurls | MCAB (or UCAB, if you'd like drama) women age <25. He's not fussy on reputation as long as they're not a prostitute, unwed mother, or something equally scandalous.

Helga Scamander
19 | MCPB | Unattached
Debutante

Hurls | Helga really wants to marry into the UC so she can be on par with her BFFs, Nora Abercrombie and Lucille Flint. Her ideal man is a 25+ UCPB gentleman with a stellar reputation and good connections (though it's more realistic she'll end up with a MCAB man!)

Justice Rookwood
15 | MCPB | Unattached
Fifth Year Ravenclaw ('88)

Friends | Other Ravenclaws, other boys—probably UC/MCPBs, though I'm definitely not picky!

Violetta Lestrange
23 | UCPB | Unattached
Debutante

Friends | other UCPB/HB or MCPB girls around her age, either married or unmarried! She's generally unprejudiced with casual acquaintances, though has been conditioned to filter her circle of close friends.

Hurls | 28+ UCPB men with a "good" reputation! She's getting more #desperate every day.

Albert Pettigrew
30 | UCPB | Unattached
Research Committee Member

Friends | UCPB, UCHB, and MCPB men around his age! Less likely are men with "frivolous" jobs (quidditch, curse-breaking, etc.) or who are outspokenly liberal in their beliefs.

Hurls | UC (and maybe MCPB) women who are <25 with "good" reputations—though middling reps might work depending on what caused their rep ding!

Cameron Gillenwater
13 | MCMB | Unattached
Third Year Gryffindor ('88)

Friends | Gryffindors! Incoming third years! Male students! All ye fiends!

Quidditch Fanatics | Cameron's a muggleborn who has found a love of quidditch since becoming a member of the magical world. Do you have a favorite team? Try to convince him to support them!

Cornelius Sherington III
30 | UCHB | Unattached
Viscount Hillingham

Hurls | UCAB (non-prejudiced) women ages <25 who would have no qualms about marrying into muggle nobility. He's shown a preference for blondes, but that's not set in stone.

Don Juan Dempsey
26 | UCHB | Unattached
Unemployed

Bros | The kid loves to have fun, and he can't have fun without his entourage! Probably other UCAB boys around his age!

Flings | He's not at all financially prepared to take a wife, but still has a strong flirtatious streak. He fits his namesake with startling accuracy, as has a "love 'em and leave 'em" look on love.

Frida Lestrange
15 | UCPB | Unattached
Fifth Year Hufflepuff ('88)

Friends | Unlike most Lestranges, Frida doesn't carry the same heavy prejudices. She has a blossoming friendship with Blythe Fairchild, and I'm open to other friendships with girls around her age or in her house!

Holly Scrimgeour
12 | UCPB | Betrothed
Second Year Slytherin ('88)

Enemies | Holly has a number of these already, and is afar more prone to making them than friends! Anyone who she doesn't consider an equal (i.e. UCPBs) is likely to get at least some attitude from her—and those who cross her are in a worse position.

Leah Beauregard
16 | MCHB | Unattached
Sixth Year Slytherin ('88)

Friends | 5th-7th year ACAB girls for the incoming 1888 school year! She's not always been the most easy to get along with, though has adjusted her attitude in recent years.

Enemies | "Bratty" was a word almost everyone used to describe her, and some people's opinion of her might not have changed depending how prone they are to holding grudges.

Bella Scrimgeour
19 | WCPB | Crushing
Socially Ruined

A Job | Something she has skills in—herbology, potions, etc.—or something appropriate for a WC woman. (Though likely not house staff unless there are multiple played family members.)

Carius Bulstrode
10 | UCPB | Unattached
Incoming First Year ('88)

Other Incoming Firsties | I'd love to develop relationships with him, may it be friendships, enemies, or potential crushes for the future! Already-existing friends would be UCPB—he's already friends with Sirius Black.

Dionisia Tweedy
20 | WCMB | Unattached
Mediwitch

Ladies | Dionisia is questioning her sexuality at the moment (hint: she's bisexual) and I'd love for her to start having the dreaded feelings towards them! No class/blood preferences.

Mediwitch(ing?) | Does your character need medical assistance? She's here for your needs.

Ernie Nuffer
16 | WCHB | Crushing
Crime & Politics Intern

DP Stuff | Have a reporter? Someone who has a story to give? Ernie's on the scoop.

Gay Men | Ernie's heart is in the process of being stolen (but don't you dare insinuate that around him), but he's still prone to awkward interactions with men!

Handsome Whitledge
18 | UCHB | Complicated(?)
Reserve Keeper for the Hogsmeade Howlers

Quidditch Adjacent | Especially other UC/MCAB boys who are prone to poor decision-making! (I didn't put him into quidditch for nothing :P)

Ladies | Handsome isn't hurlable, but he's definitely at a point where's he's flirting with anyone who fits his "type"—WC, blonde, or both! Probably no one more then 1-2 years younger or older than him!

Jossima Warbeck
28 | MCHB | Spinster
Captain & Seeker for the Holyhead Harpies

Quidditch Adjacents | Have a character who plays on her team? Opposing teams? Sponsors and/or coaches? Thread with her.

Flings | Probably UC/MCAB men who can be discreet. She could even be a past fling, since she's always had carefully-hidden sexual trysts as a quidditch player.

Tessa Darrow
21 | MCHB | Unattached
Governess to the Minister's Family

Hurls | 28+ MCAB men, excluding purists. She's currently a governess, so potential matches are unlikely to be made at ~society events except on weekends.

Friends | MCAB girls around her age (class of '84-'86). She gets along best with stereotypical "feminine" ladies.

set by MJ!
Post Log
updated 06.17.2018

SHIP SHEET | Post Logs

GENERAL ~INFO
    The connections above are not all-inclusive; if you have a specific plot/relationship you're interested in, please let me know! As long as it's realistic for my characters, I'm usually down for almost anything!
CONTACT
    The easiest way to reach me is through skype, but PMing Edric Umbridge is the second-easiest way to contact me if you don't have that. If you don't have my skype username, PM me!
POSSIBLE CONNECTIONS

set by MJ!
Post Log
SWP 8: THE THREADS

SWP 8 is finally upon us, which means I'll obviously be wanting my fair share of action! I already have a number of thread and plot ideas for specific characters, which I'll lay out here in case anyone is interested!

Here are my characters currently inside the fog-zone:
Here are my characters currently outside the fog-zone:
Here are my characters who can come in and out of the fog-zone:

THREAD IDEAS
    ❧ A character relies on beautifying spells to do their hair or make their outfits perfect, but with the fog removing magic from the equation, they're left looking downright unpresentable compared to their usual self.

❧ Crime in the area! Injuries in the area! Take your pick—Edric Umbridge/Dionisia Tweedy

❧ Have a family member in the fog-zone and desperately want them out despite the limitations placed on travel? Come beg to Benjamin Ross to help them get out—despite the fact that his options are limited.

❧ Have a character directly involved with fog-zone matters at the Ministry? Ernie Nuffer is trying to get the scoop in the wake of some of his coworkers being trapped in Hogsmeade!
updated 07.07.2018

set by MJ!
Post Log
Ace Lukeson may have some concerns regarding the fog and the effect it may have regarding Hogwarts (as well as any other magical education in the area). Since there is no played leader of his department, perhaps he could ask for some outside advise on the matter from a fellow Ministry employee? Could also be bugged by Ernie if Ernie decides to listen in on a conversation that Ace is having regarding the fog.

Sweetie Whitledge. Until their grandmother's fate is decided, Sweetie is still in the Hogsmeade house. Perhaps Handsome can send letters telling her about how ridiculous she is being.

Magic by MJ!
[Image: pbH8Qz.png]
[Image: IyGtyD.png][Image: fbG6udO.png]
[Image: uZwWyBq.jpg]
Oooh, I want this one and will rapid it with you!
Quote:❧ After running into each other in an area of thick fog, our characters get undeniably lost and eventually resign to their fate, plopping down wherever they're standing and pondering their own grim fate.

(June 17, 2018 – 6:08 PM)Acacia Ruskin Wrote: Ace Lukeson may have some concerns regarding the fog and the effect it may have regarding Hogwarts (as well as any other magical education in the area). Since there is no played leader of his department, perhaps he could ask for some outside advise on the matter from a fellow Ministry employee? Could also be bugged by Ernie if Ernie decides to listen in on a conversation that Ace is having regarding the fog.

Sweetie Whitledge. Until their grandmother's fate is decided, Sweetie is still in the Hogsmeade house. Perhaps Handsome can send letters telling her about how ridiculous she is being.

I don't really have any characters who could be bothered with Hogwarts-related questions because (1) any characters who might have any knowledge couldn't be assed to answer questions about September when no one is sure if anyone will be alive by then, and (2) any characters who would be willing to talk about it have literally no clue (i.e. Albert/Finny). Ernie can't just wander the Ministry without clearance, and I doubt he's going to go peeking on the Dept. of Magical Education.

RE: Handsome/Sweetie, he won't send her a letter complaining because she's already stuck there and he can't change that, and on top of that he's not really down for sibling conflict at the moment.

(June 17, 2018 – 6:16 PM)Roberto Devine Wrote: Oooh, I want this one and will rapid it with you!
Quote:❧ After running into each other in an area of thick fog, our characters get undeniably lost and eventually resign to their fate, plopping down wherever they're standing and pondering their own grim fate.

Any specific characters? <3

set by MJ!
Post Log
Let's combine this with friend!hurling for Clarissa Cosgrove and Helga Scamander ! I think they'd get along super well going off of Helga's personality section and once Clary's out will totally +1 Helga for any upper crust events. ;D
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roberto Devine's post:
   Edric Umbridge

(June 17, 2018 – 6:34 PM)Roberto Devine Wrote: Let's combine this with friend!hurling for Clarissa Cosgrove and Helga Scamander ! I think they'd get along super well going off of Helga's personality section and once Clary's out will totally +1 Helga for any upper crust events. ;D

Could you start, and then we'll rapid? <3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edric Umbridge's post:
   Roberto Devine

set by MJ!
Post Log
In need of things for Camp Charming? How about Posting Wizard? I have needs, too!

My PW characters are: Bella Scrimgeour, Benjamin Ross, Dionisia Tweedy, Dolores Diggory, Edric Umbridge, Finnian Byrne, Handsome Whitledge, Helga Scamander, Justice Rookwood, and Leah Beauregard. Edric, Bella, and Finny are currently trying to not die in CYOA.

Throughout the month, I'll be willing to rapid any of the following if you're up for it! Just shout for me in the cbox:
    ❧ Fog-related threads, especially pairings for the Fog Roulette (all of mine are not yet started because I suck) and ones that could qualify for the Site-wide Plot 8 stamp!
    ❧ Any threads started before June 1st or more recent threads that are plot-important.

Also, I have some immediate needs:
    ❧ Dionisia threads! She's trapped in Irvingly right now and is presumably working with the Irvingly Infirmary to help with anyone injured inside fog-zone.
    ❧ Leah threads! She's currently at the Sanditon—students preferred for this!

set by MJ!
Post Log