Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

#30 — POLICY CHANGES
    #30: CH-CH-CHANGES

Good evening friends! We’ve begun combing through your comments, concerns, and suggestions from Charming’s Annual Checkup. We still have some things to hash out further and others to address full stop, but we’ve already made three changes to board policy, all spawned by your suggestions! Any questions or concerns can be posted below :)

TWINS ARE BACK
    • Members will now be allowed to conceive twins without staff approval, and can have more than one pair expected at a time. We require that all expected twins be registered here so that we can make sure no one is running away with them, but otherwise this will be self-moderated now! Triplets, however, are still banned.

CLASS SCHEDULES/TIME UNITS/CLUBS
    • I already avoid updating this. What seemed like a marvelous idea in theory is incredibly daunting both for me and (potentially) new players so we’ve scrapped it. The number of maximum classes will not change, but you will be moderating your characters’ classes yourselves again. In addition, we will be implementing a five-club cap per-student. Later this month, the list will be combed and any student in more than five clubs will get a PM! Lastly, the time units information will still be present as a general guideline for those who aren’t sure how much time their character will have, we’ll just leave it up to you whether you use it or not!

CHARACTER CAP
    • The most controversial of our changes. It comes up in casual discussion, in staff discussion, and recently in the CAC, and we’ve finally decided to go ahead with it. Why a cap?

— When everyone has 2398229847 characters it becomes very daunting for newer players to find PBs.
      — More characters means a longer wait for responses, and thus slows down plots.
      — High-ranking positions become isolated to fewer members.

This isn’t a drastic cap. Any member who currently has 50 or fewer characters will be capped at 50 from now on. No other aspect of character creation has changed for you.

Any member who currently has over 50 characters will not be required to drop. However, you will have a creation cap of 55 characters—meaning you cannot make a new one until you drop down to 54 or fewer. The account switcher limit will be reduced to 50 for all usergroups on Friday.

We know this will affect some members more than others, but hopefully everyone can see the advantages of such a change!

EDIT: Characters who are already at the limit may make one board temporary anyways (such as carnies) during the allotted timeframe.

Lastly, a change that did not come from the CAC, but has been recently discussed and approved by staff: Posting Wizard will now allow you to sign up as many characters as you like!

Of course, Henry’s 40 character’s to Edwin’s 3 is still a little daunting, so the characters you sign up will be randomly divided into “batches” of up to ten. Bob’s characters, then, would be considered “Bob I”, “Bob II”, and so on for competition purposes. You also won’t know which batches which characters are in ;)

That said, you’re not required to sign up everyone. If you like the 10-max system you may continue to only submit 10 characters! This policy will go into effect for the August PW.

Annnnd that’s all for now. Cheers!

-- The Staff Team

if I could marry Bee I would but I can't so I ship our characters instead.