Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Oh, Dear
Private 
June 10th, 1888 — Whitledge Residence, Wellingtonshire
Darling read Witch Weekly more out of habit than anything. Sometimes the tips were helpful and she found the quizzes to be quite enjoyable. What wasn't so enjoyable was to come across your own brothers name in print latching him to a girl with a romantic fashion. This wasn't the first time such rumors had reached her ears about her brother but she tended to choose to remain ignorant. This wasn't something she could easily ignore though - not when it was down in print for anyone to read and believe.

"Handsome?" She called out as she went in search of her eldest sibling and felt quite out of depth when she managed to find him. "There's something that I thtink you need to see..."
A loss for Hogsmeade earlier in the week had meant that Handsome was part-pouty and part-frustrated, mostly because there was little he could do to assist his team. Being on reserve didn't allow him much time to play, and when it did, he was usually unprepared—mostly from inexperience—for the skill level of the chasers on the opposing teams. Still, their coach had taken great pleasure in bitching at him after lackluster performance at the following training, and Handsome had begun appreciating how easygoing MacFusty had been by comparison.

He was sitting in a very ungentlemanly-like position in the drawing room, his entire body sprawled out on one of the armchairs with his legs hanging over one of the armrests. He was reading one of the newest editions of his favorite quidditch matches, and he on more than one occasion had to remind himself not to be disappointed when he read about one of his old favorite team's poor performances.

When Darling walked in, he immediately tried to make himself look more decent, though found himself with an expression of confusion across his features at her words.

"What's wrong?" he said, trying to catch a glimpse of what publication she was holding.

this MJ set has killed me and sent me straight to heaven
Post Log

"Are you becoming a man harlot, Handsome?" Darling asked point blank as she handed the magazine over to him. What had he even been doing at a Pendergast Rose thing? That was weird. Especially since - aside from maybe Sweetie - she didn't think any of them really needed it. And she didn't think any of them actually would ever be sent there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darling Whitledge's post:
   Edric Umbridge
Handsome cocked a brow at her question, but gave no immediate response. It was an odd question coming from Darling, and he didn't think it was warranted, until - well fuck. The more he scanned the page of the magazine (Witch Weekly?), he realized that the article in question had his name printed alongside Miss Midford's.

Fuckity fuck fuck.

He might have been more amused if the article hadn't called the former Ravenclaw's propriety into question - and not to mention painting him as some sort of mindless rake. He turned his attention back to Darling.

"I was there for Cupcake," he said sternly, leaving little question as to his stance. "Miss Midford and I are friendly and nothing more. Please -" Please don't turn into Sweetie by sticking your nose into my personal life. "- don't listen to anything that magazine says. They latch onto anything that can sell."

this MJ set has killed me and sent me straight to heaven
Post Log

"Cupcake doesn't need that school and grandmother should be the one to look into such things anyway," Darling stated. He was just a boy, still, mostly. What would he know about what made a good finishing school? "And to every story, there is some truth. Be more careful, please. In the future? I wouldn't want poor Miss Midford or any of your other friends of the feminine persuasion suffering for no reason." Like it or not, she was his sister and what he did impacted the rest of them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Private You Poor Dear Nectar Shinnick 10 477 July 26, 2018 – 9:06 PM
Last Post: Nectar Shinnick