Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Zelda Fisk vs. Annette Fontaine
    • It was a shame he had to be impartial. Hamish found Miss Fisk to be very refreshing, and would have liked to see her do well in the tournament--hopefully her performance allowed for it. Briskly, the professor went over the rules before bidding Miss Fisk to begin.
    Zelda was not looking forward to competing against an elder student, for all that she enjoyed competition. She had brought another prop this time - a paperback book - and was fully prepared to continue playing to her strengths. Because, well, she was better at transfiguration than she was at anything else.

After curtsying rather sloppily, Zelda dropped he book on the ground without ceremony. She waved her wand, murmured the incantation, and expected it to transfigure itself into a teapot.
    [Image: uUQiz4B.jpg]
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ
    Anne gave a full curtsy in response to Miss Fisk's one, and watched politely. Miss Fisk might be younger than her, but she'd heard of her skill with transfiguration, which unfortunately happened to be Anne's strength as well. She debated going for something more charms related.

She raised her wand and eyes narrowed with concentration, she tried to conjure rain to fall from the enchanted ceiling, currently showing the sunny spring sky, with the intention for each drop to transform into a butterfly as it neared their heads.
    [Image: LVt7zaV.jpg]
    I owe MJ all my love <3
    Jenny has sold her soul to gods of architecture and is most likely absent to some degree unless otherwise said. If you need me, various people have non-charming ways of throwing stones at me
    • Both spells were well done, but Hamish thought the Ravenclaw's more impressive. "The first round to Miss Fontaine," he announced, "who may also begin the next!"

9 All
    Annette was a little surprised to have won the first round- the other girl's spell had been really good, but she wasn't going to let it go to her head.

Fixing her attention once more, she waved her wand in an escalating and decreasing spiral. The aim was to swirl the butterflies around her dress, settling on it and then melting away to change the pale primrose fabric to a satin the misty blue of the rain-come-butterflies. It was ambitious, but she was feeling bold.
    [Image: LVt7zaV.jpg]
    I owe MJ all my love <3
    Jenny has sold her soul to gods of architecture and is most likely absent to some degree unless otherwise said. If you need me, various people have non-charming ways of throwing stones at me
    Zelda was disappointed to have lost the first round, but atmospheric charms were very impressive.

Feeling inspired, she flounced over to her flowers and scooped them up. Holding them at arms length, she cast her next spell - which would, if all went well, transfigure the bundle of flowers into a parasol!
    [Image: uUQiz4B.jpg]
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ
    • Both displays were very well done, but with a sad look at Miss Fisk, Hamish knew that one was surely more impressive. "The duel, then," he announced, "goes to Miss Fontaine. Congratulations, and five points to Ravenclaw!

Fontaine 12, Fisk 7

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Cassius Lestrange vs. Konstantin Fisk Elmer Macmillan 9 1,780 01-26-2015, 11:48 AM
    Last Post: Elmer Macmillan
      Jonathan Webster vs. Konstantin Fisk Dyllis Perkins 6 1,615 12-30-2014, 08:46 AM
    Last Post: Dyllis Perkins
      Penelope Darrow vs. Zelda Fisk Matthew McGonagall 9 1,563 11-23-2014, 01:42 PM
    Last Post: Matthew McGonagall
      Annette Fontaine vs. Darling Doge Moira Prewett 9 2,095 11-07-2014, 12:02 PM
    Last Post: Moira Prewett
      Konstantin Fisk vs. Gideon Browne Mortimer Skeeter 6 1,297 11-05-2014, 09:07 PM
    Last Post: Mortimer Skeeter