Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Sallie's Networking
Player Name Sallie
Contact: PM me here, reply below, or you can ask for my Gchat over PM.

Character: Wren Burroughs
Quick Facts: Wren is a friendly third year Hufflepuff who gets along with just about anyone, except for blood purists. Her "father," Warren Burroughs, recently passed away in December 1891, so some might recall seeing Wren in mourning while in her first/second year at school. Wren pretended to be a bit upset/more quiet than usual, but she had at that point seen him abusing her mother and has a lot of feelings to sort out about that whole situation
House: Hufflepuff
Grad Year: 1898 (if I'm doing the math right)
Class: Upper Class
Blood: Halfblood

Needs:
Friends/Classmates: Wren is very friendly and likes talking with other people. Since she's UC and grew up that way, she's much more comfortable with peers who are also UC or maybe upper-MC, but that doesn't mean she hates WC classmates, just that she's less accustomed to them in general and may not understand things all the way. If she's the oldest in the group, she tends to be a bit bossy and wants to take charge.
Rivals/Enemies: Wren hates anyone who acts like being a Muggleborn is the worst thing in the world, and would go out of her way to avoid that person or otherwise get into (social) fights with them.
Romance: Doesn't really apply to Wren, she's a bit too young! Puppy-crushes and the sort might work out for plots, but nothing too big. It's not really on her mind at the moment.
Other: Wren is a bit nervous around adults until she develops a sense that she can trust them, so adults probably hear that the young Miss Burroughs is very friendly/outgoing but probably see her as quiet and well-behaved.

[Image: qTXVJM.png]
Thank you so much, Bee!
Secret bio dad isn't useful yet, but in the interim I can offer you:

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Hiii! I have a few possibilities...

Charles Whymper is a couple years above her, but a prefect and very manically studious.
Lucy Tatting is in the year below her, but generally friendly.
James Callum is a first year, but would honestly probably talk to anyone who gives him the time of day. XD
Fiona Little is the school nurse, for all healing needs. She's also a pretty sympathetic listener, if need be.

[Image: Harry-Sig-copy.png]
Set by Bee <3
Hello There!

In addition to her Mama, who will be sending a letter soon, when my life slows up, I have Ella Grimm who is a first year Puff and brand new seeker!

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
I was looking forward for you to post a networking so I could friend hurl Draconia here at Wren! Connie isnt a purist at all and her deal is that she loves animals and magical creatures. Think Poppy Sweeting from Hogwarts Legacy if you’ve played.

I can see her and Wren getting along, plus they’re in the same year and house <3

I also have Cleander Huxley the astronomy professor if she’s into this class

(October 11, 2023 – 1:42 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  Secret bio dad isn't useful yet, but in the interim I can offer you:

Hello! I did not think about this, but I don't think Wren takes Care of Magical Creatures. She might be a bit prone to not knowing about them, so maybe if there's one on the loose she'd be in a bit of trouble. She might look up to Abraxas given that he's a prefect, and she'd be friendly with Cordelia and happy to help out with wizarding things.

(October 11, 2023 – 2:59 PM)Henry Berkwood Wrote:  Hiii! I have a few possibilities...

Charles Whymper is a couple years above her, but a prefect and very manically studious.
Lucy Tatting is in the year below her, but generally friendly.
James Callum is a first year, but would honestly probably talk to anyone who gives him the time of day. XD
Fiona Little is the school nurse, for all healing needs. She's also a pretty sympathetic listener, if need be.

Hello! Wren would definitely appreciate some help in studying come exam time, so that might be a potentially connection with her and Charles? Wren would probably be familiar with Lucy, I imagine they saw each other in classes last year or at the very least know of each other. Wren would maybe check in with James since her brother is a first year and she's a bit worried about his classmates being mean to him. It might be fun to have a thread where Wren gets a little cut (maybe she tripped in the halls or something) and comes in to dump her school class-related worries after she gets it fixed.

(October 11, 2023 – 3:13 PM)Daffodil Potts Wrote:  Hello There!

In addition to her Mama, who will be sending a letter soon, when my life slows up, I have Ella Grimm who is a first year Puff and brand new seeker!

Yay baby Puff! Wren would be a friendly face for her and also happy to cheer her on.

(October 11, 2023 – 6:32 PM)Draconia Yarwood Wrote:  I was looking forward for you to post a networking so I could friend hurl Draconia here at Wren! Connie isnt a purist at all and her deal is that she loves animals and magical creatures. Think Poppy Sweeting from Hogwarts Legacy if you’ve played.

I can see her and Wren getting along, plus they’re in the same year and house <3

I also have Cleander Huxley the astronomy professor if she’s into this class

Woot woot, roommates! I think they'd get along very well, even if Wren is a bit more cautious around more dangerous magical creatures (owls, cats, and toads are okay). She is in astronomy, and she'd possibly be a bit more outgoing since she's been in that class for a while/is more familiar with how it is run?

The following 2 users Like Wren Burroughs's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone, Henry Berkwood

Thank you so much, Bee!
That all sounds good to me! I'd be happy to start a thread for Wren and any of my characters. Pick your poison. XD

[Image: Harry-Sig-copy.png]
Set by Bee <3
(October 14, 2023 – 5:56 PM)Henry Berkwood Wrote:  That all sounds good to me! I'd be happy to start a thread for Wren and any of my characters. Pick your poison. XD

How about a Lucy thread?

The following 1 user Likes Wren Burroughs's post:
   Henry Berkwood

Thank you so much, Bee!
I would love some site-wide mini plot events for my three!

Wren will be at school, so I'd love for something fun/fluffy to turn a bit more serious--maybe she and a friend or two spend the evening watching the storm, then start to realize that it's worse than they thought and family/loved ones could be in danger? I'm not sure what the time loop could have in store for Wren, but I'm open to ideas!

Xander Stanwell could be anywhere, though I would love for his plots to be more dramatic. I'm leaning in to more time-loopy things with him, but in more of a deja-vu kind of way rather than remembering everything. He could be volun-told into Ministry efforts to help out after the storm is over.

Yseult O'Byrne is someone I have two main ideas for. One involves her being stuck in Hogsmeade after going out for a trip/shopping/social event. For this one, I think she would 1. have to stay with people she would feel awkward about imposing on or 2. stay with complete strangers, both of which could have some fun drama involved. The other involves her staying in Irvingly and being more or less "locked in" the Infirmary after it becomes clear the storm is actually pretty serious.

Other ideas? Want to completely go opposite to these ones? I'm open to it!

Thank you so much, Bee!
Any of my Hogsmeade people (or Zelfred if she gets lost via floo) are available to be strangers hosting Yseult !

MJ made this!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Cassius Lestrange
February 27, 2024 – 9:46 PM
View a Printable Version