Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
This is: Professor Ignatius Prince
Introducing Professor Prince
27 | Ravenclaw 77-84 | Upper Class | Professor of Ancient Runes

Hogwarts:

Students - Teaching is his safe space after a dangerous curse breaking career. He enjoys children and is probably quite likeable, but does not tolerate actions that put the students in peril and is likely a little over cautious in that regards. He will be teaching ancient ruins using his experience with old curses in exotic lands to flavour his classed.

[Image: 40d7f9e30b82a4f2f4a95a6782e4fe0c.jpg?ex=...b950ffc58&]
Teachers - Still getting to know the other faculty but most likely drawn to those that may have been relevant to his old life, dada and arithmancy experts for shared interests I think the school is also likely a place he might explore romance with another staff member as being in hogwarts puts him in a more emotionally happy place. I think the other teachers would find him a pleasant and charismatic man if sometimes prone to bouts of melancholy.

Adults:

He doesn't talk much about his old career due to the incident with the Imperious girl, but dangerous jobs breed good friends and if he made a friend in that life, he would kindly keep them and be there fore them if they too needed help or an out. The dashing cursebreaker is now more brooding about that part of his life, but I would like to RP with other people in that field.

Like all men he would also enjoy a small group of friends that he can drink, smoke and perhaps flutter a little at the races with.

Romance

Old flame - From january 80 to december 84 Ignatius enjoyed the company of a female student. He loved his girlfriend dearly and they talked about their future together. On the Christmas day after his NEWTS he proposed, she said no and ended their relationship. He doesn't know why and neither do I. I would be interested in having a female about the school or wider world who is that person. Whether they are in touch or not any more is open. And why exactly she left him is up to you and maybe for him to find out.

New flame - He is a 27 year old bachelor in the victorian age, he knows he should probably find a wife. His last job made it hard for him to settle down permanently, so now might be the perfect time for him to work on that. Preferably someone like him, he can't see himself with a stuffy housewife and wants a friend too.

Hi! I have Mason Skeeter who is the herbology professor and Hufflepuff HoH! This is his tenth year at Hogwarts so he's been around. I think he might have been the herbology professor for Ignatius' seventh year actually, Mason started in the '83-'84 school year.

This would also make him classmates with Elsie Kirke who was a shy and bookish Gryffindor. Additionally, my inactive character Angie Swan who was a Ravenclaw in that year, who went on to be a cursebreaker too! I don't have plans to reactivate her, but I'll let you know if I do.

Alvin Bixby and Tala Moreno were both a year behind but both in Ravenclaw too. Alvin used to make brooms and has connections in the quidditch world so they could know one another from a couple angles!

The following 1 user Likes Daffodil Grimstone's post:
   Ignatius Prince

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
He and Christabel were the same year at school. She was a Hufflepuff, but would have been friends with just about anyone. She academic and intellectual, she is part of a muggle secret society that thinks it can do magic. She goes just to make fun of the muggles. Society talked a bit about her this past year because she was right on the cusp of spinsterhood, married a first born son who pretty immediately was killed and is still around as a ghost.

Merida has a connection to several of the curse breakers on the board - she thinks its a very 'dashing' profession and would have serious sympathy points for him. She is helping a curse breaker at the moment try to recover memories he lost due to a curse item, and could reach out because of that.

Longwei is a year older than him - His family are in that MC cusping UC, his father would like him to marry upwards

Meserimus is at the school too - incredibly old and 'parents' just about everyone, and may periodically, and good naturedly try to pimp his children and grandchildren to him.

Yuri probably thinks he's as cool as all heck, but probably isn't a good enough student to take his class, but does probably look for opportunities to interact with him.

Emma is generally a keen student, under a lot of pressure from her family to hide her academic light under a bushel and marry well, so he might notice disparity in her behavior - where she is academically strong in her written work and in private but doesn't put her hand up much in class.

The following 1 user Likes Merida Greyback's post:
   Ignatius Prince

[Image: 6jslCZa.png]
@"daffodil potts"

Been reading profiles, a lot of details in there (in both of yours and dante's) Mason Skeeter seems like the sort that Ignatius could be friends with, his experience at the school, but not vastly different ages could make him a good person to have been his IC buddy when he came to howarts so I would love to do some threads with them as friendly colleagues. I'm not sure of specifically which one as I can see it being a broader friendship than a single thread.

As to your students I can see lots of possible connections and friendships, your charries have a fairly established in school romantic history so I don't think that role would work. But Ignatius is friendly, so would likely have had lots of friends and would mix with them at reunions and other events.

A quidditch link would be very good RE Alvin Bixby could be fun and perhaps Ignatius and he are drinking buddies, when he comes back to hogsmeade or Iggy leaves it that is.

Merida Greyback

I read through Cristabel and she is more vague about her interpersonal relationships during hogwarts so if you are game, she could be the "one that got away". Her being widowed also opens up the possibility of her finally telling Ignatius why she left him, as it would have been terribly uncouth to discuss things like that once she was dating other people.

You talked about Merida being interested in the profession, I think that would be a fun route and would be very up for a thread where she comes to ask for his expertise.

Longwei looks like a friend of Ignatius too. I can imagine them both discussing the fact they should probably get on with finding a spouse, but maybe next season... and next season... etc.

Meserimus, like Mason would likely be a friendly colleague relationship but I can see ignatius being a little intimidated by his age and experience and there being a seniority divide between the two. Particularly if Meserimus likes to dad people.

As for your students, I look forward to running classes with ignatius. He might try and draw Emma out a little as he likes children and wouldn't want them to not shine.

[Image: cbbMQyE.png]
Woo!

Mason is always available for colleague support, especially to those early in their career. He's a really good teacher, has high expectations and is generally really approachable! He'll feel old though, knowing some of his students are now old enough to be his colleague xD

As for Elsie and Angie that was just a heads up, classmates etc. I've been playing them for over ten years, including their last couple years at Hogwarts, so they have a lot of ic plot development!

Alvin could definitely use some guy friends! He's back in Hogsmeade permanently now after an accident ended his broommaking career. He's a little moody lately, as his youngest sister just died last month and now his youngest brother has been maimed by a dragon, but he's around.

Mason could definitely use a thread, so we can start there, just let me know if you want me to start it!

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version