Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Sisterly Love
    25th February 1884

Dearest Zee,

I woke up this morning and I realised something. We haven't spoken for two months almost! I mean, I realised this after I had seen to all my children and practised my reciting skills with William - but that is besides the point! You and I have not spoken for almost two months and it is shameful. Shameful!

So how are you my darling? Is school treating you well? Any boys taken your fancy? I joke, of course. But if you happen to, I demand that I meet him, I cannot have you giving your heart away to some random boy I do not know. What if you are not destined to be together?! I could not watch you have your heart broken so.

I do hope everything is going well with school. Fifth year, what a bore. Don't listen to them when they say you need to study hard, I didn't and I did fine. It's all very easy. You should concentrate on more important matters, such as love and friendship and happiness.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

All my love and more,
    Katia
    [Image: mUbla2I.png]
    this utterly amazing and fantastic set is courtesy of the ever awesome Soph

Katch,
    February 26th
    I'm good! School is fine. OWLs are so boring, you're totally right, but at least I'm not freaking out nearly as much as some of my friends are. If I fail all my tests, I'm going to be a knight. Or a Quidditch correspondent, just think of how fun that would be!

I fancy no one. I'm guessing that you knew that before you asked, though.

My friends are all doing well and I'm very happy. How're you? How's Mr. Meadowes, and all of your children? Are you going to have another one? Tell them their Aunt Zelda says hello!
    Lots of Love,
    Zelda
    [Image: uUQiz4B.jpg]
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ
    27th February 1884

Dearest Zee,

I don't think our parents would be particularly pleased about your plans to be a knight or a quidditch commentator. How about something more feminine? A journalist perhaps? I'm sure you would add so much humour and Zee-ness to it that it would be almost as exciting as being a knight - just with less chance of death and being regarded a fallen woman.

Alas, I had feared so. Just remember that love is the fruit of life and that you should seek it out with every breath. Not like Xena though. Never like Xena. Though I don't think I need to tell you that.

William is perfect, as always. He's such a sweetheart, he called my latest poem 'beautiful' - it was not, but he still humoured me. The children are brilliant and they say hello back. They have growing so quickly! I swear by the time that you see them this Summer that they will have grown a foot apiece. And more children? Perhaps. It is still possible. We shall see.

All my love and more,
    Katia

Katch,
    February 28th
    But being a knight or a Quidditch commentator is more fun! Although I probably would be a good journalist. Hmn. Maybe I'll work for the Prophet under Quiddel! That's like both at once!

I don't understand the obsession you and Xena have with love. I'm going to be a happy, infinitely spectacular unmarried lady.

That's nice of him! And I bet they're massive. Edgar was like a beanpole the last time I saw him. What middle name will you do if you have another one?

Lots of Love,
    Zelda
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ
    29th February 1884

Dearest Zee,

Xena is not obsessed with love. To claim that is derogatory to the whole idea of love. She wants money and wealth and has decided marriage is the way to that. Love is like a flower, a very delicate flower, and people like her disturb the nature and kill everything.

I'm thinking Tennyson for a boy and Coleridge for a girl. I hope I don't have too many more daughters, because soon I will run out of female poets! Unless some new ones pop up in the next couple of years. There are so many male ones though. Any suggestions?

All my love and more,
    Katia

Katch,
    February 28th
    Sorry, sorry. I don't know why she was so upset by her old fiance cutting her off if she wasn't in love with him, though, but I fully admit to not knowing much of love. I also don't understand why she liked him in the first place, though - he had an annoying voice!

Teehee, Tennyson. He's the one who wrote that King Arthur thing that Ma likes, right?

I like Oscar Wilde's book of poems. It's called Poems, isn't that fun? Phillis Wheatley is supposed to be good too - and she's a girl, too!
    Lots of Love,
    Zelda
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ
    3rd March 1884

Dearest Zelda,

Indeed he did have a silly voice. I could barely stay in the same room as him for five minutes, never mind contemplate marrying him! No, I did not like him. Just because he had money was not a good reason to ignore all of his very obvious and unappealing faults. Primarily that he was obviously not her one true love.

Yes. He is also the current poet laureate. Her Majesty does have some taste in poetry! Or whoever advised her to make that spectacular decision. I do like Wilde and Wheatley, I shall take them very much into consideration. Perhaps if baby number six is a girl she could be Zelda Wheatley Meadowes?

All my love and more,
    Katia

Katch,
    March 6th
    How does anyone know their one true love when they see them? I don't even think that I believe in true love.

Her Majesty should just hire Ma to tell her who to pick for poets. Though whoever she has doing it must be good if they picked anyone that Ma likes. Do you think that Dorian's ever read any Tennyson? I've never read Hamlet.

You'd really name her after me? I love it! And you! You're basically my favorite sister. (Shh. Don't tell Marley!)
    Lots of Love,
    Zelda
    [/quote]
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ
    8th March 1884

Dearest Zee,

OH MY! Zelda! In just a short few years I promise you will eat your words! Not believing in love? The thought almost brings tears to my eyes.

Now I have recovered, I can reply to the rest of your letter. No, I don't think Dory has ever read any Tennyson. I only read Love's Labour's Lost when I was pregnant with Edgar, so not even I was incredibly eager Ma's source material. Yes! They should ask her, she has such excellent taste.

Of course! What would I have done should I have given birth to a girl? I could not think of a good example now, nevermind when I have baby brain (which is actually a thing, I swear). My poor baby girl would have been subjected to being the one that destroyed the theme, or she would have gone nameless for a bit. One or the other.

All my love and more,
    Katia

Katch,
    March 6th
    There are plenty of people who are perfectly happy to be spinsters, Katia!

It really is too bad that the Queen hates magic. Ma really could help her with things like poetry. But muggles really aren't very good at not-hating magic anyways.

I hope that the next baby is a girl, then! I promise I won't teach her to play swords unless you say it's okay or if she asks really nicely.
    Lots of Love,
    Zelda
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ
    11th March 1884

Dearest Zee,

The only women who are spinsters are those unlucky enough not to have a soulmate, be stupid enough to ignore their soulmate or unfortunate enough to be plain, so that their soulmate does not appreciate them. You, as my sister, shall experience none of these three things I assure you! Trust in me, I will help you after you come out. I shall be the kindest sister ever!

I wouldn't be so harsh against muggles. Here in Irvingly there are some fine examples of muggles who have accepted wizardry. Perhaps there are some examples of muggles who do not fit into this category, but that is not the point! Good muggles exist, dear sister.

Also, I don't know how I feel about this sword fighting business. It doesn't sound very ladylike. Zelda Mark II may not be able to do it, but I would certainly allow Edgar and Richard and in the future Samuel and any boys I may have. Don't do it by yourself though, I don't trust you alone with swords. You would have to ask Ned or someone to supervise. Perhaps your knight games would inspire my boys to write some ballads about their adventures? That would be fantastic!

All my love and more,
    Katia

Katch,
    March 13th
    Ugh fine. But when no men are charmed by my boisterous exterior and tendency to threaten to transfigure people into goats, don't be surprised!

I like muggles fine! But a lot of them are so opinionated. They're a lot like purists that way. Did I tell you about the boy who was all "we should let werewolves loose in Irvingly" in my Defense class? I wanted to turn him into a turtle!

I need to stop threatening to turn people into other things.

Ned and I will totally teach the boys how to play swords! I'll try not to be a terrible influence on Zelda II. Try. I bet they'd be great at ballads, too!
    Lots of Love,
    Zelda
    [/quote]
    BEAUTIFUL SET BY MJ
    17th March 1884

Dearest Zee,

Perhaps threatening to turn people into different things would be a good idea. However when I was your age, I insulted people using Shakespeare, so I have no room to judge.

And no, you didn't tell me about that boy. He doesn't seem nice. I give you my blessing to turn him into a turtle. He probably deserves it.

All my love and more,
    Katia

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Private Thread A Sisterly Check-In Ambrosia Shinnick 1 245 03-21-2017, 06:05 PM
    Last Post: Nectar Shinnick
      Sisterly Concerns Rufina Mulciber 4 590 02-02-2016, 10:33 AM
    Last Post: Rufina Mulciber
      Sisterly Sympathy Evelyn McGonagall 0 362 11-15-2015, 07:55 AM
    Last Post: Evelyn McGonagall
      Sisterly Care Tiberius Lestrange 2 542 04-12-2015, 11:09 AM
    Last Post: Tiberius Lestrange
    Private Thread Sisterly Favours? Desdemona Pettigrew 2 997 07-29-2014, 02:24 PM
    Last Post: Desdemona Pettigrew