Zelda Ophelia Fisk
Zee, Zel, Zelly, Zizzle, (from Dorian and Nemo) Ophie (from family)
August 18th 1868
Mahogany, 11", firm, Phoenix Feather
Mr. Brannon Fisk - 58 - Halfblood - Experimental Charms Committee Member
- Brannon is a former Gryffindor and a loving father, if not particularly doting. He and Zelda butt heads always, and have for as long as she can remember.
Mrs. Delia Fisk nee Davis - 51 - Halfblood - Mother
- Delia is an ex-Ravenclaw who is inclined to side with her husband on most things; she tries not to play favorites, but Xena is rather obviously her favorite. Her children's middle names come from whatever book she was reading at the time of her birth.
Mr. Ari Ajax Fisk - 32 - Halfblood - Brother
- Ari is a bachelor who finds Zelda to be incredibly odd - though he really thinks that anyone who bends the rules is like that. Ari has been well-behaved for his whole life, which is why, Zelda thinks, he has no wife. Delia was reading The Iliad when Ari was born.
Mr. Julian Aramis Fisk - 30 - Halfblood - Brother
- Julian is quietly bemused by just about everything. He was a Cursebreaker when he first graduated from Hogwarts, and only permanently returned to them when he lost his leg in an accident. (The accident story changes every time he's asked.) Julian writes very good adventure stories. Delia was reading The Three Musketeers at the time of his birth.
Mrs. Katia Rosaline Meadowes nee Fisk - 29 - Halfblood - Sister
- Katia is a hopeless romantic who married one of her father's coworkers. She adores romantic poetry and never seems entirely there to Zee - but Katia is cheerful enough, and Zelda likes cheerful. Delia was reading 'Love's Labour's Lost' when Katia was born.
Mr. Ellis Konstantin Fisk - 26 - Halfblood - Brother
- Ellis is a workaholic and, to be honest, a bit of a downer. He always acts like he knows something that no one else does. Zelda was reading Anna Karenina when Ellis was born.
Mrs. Marlena Marian Ross nee Fisk - 24 - Halfblood - Sister
- Marlena is just as subdued as Ellis is; she's just much funnier about it. Everyone was surprised when she married her husband - an immensely cheerful irishman - and she found a special sort of joy in surprising everyone. Delia was reading Robin Hood when Marlena was born.
Mr. Leonid Jean Fisk - 22 - Halfblood - Brother
- Xena's twin, Leonid is a former Hufflepuff who currently works as a Hit Wizard. He used to play swords with Zee in the yard when their father wasn't home and she begged him enough. Leonid's middle name comes from Les Miserables.
Miss Xena Cosette Fisk - 22 - Halfblood - Sister
- Xena is the WORST. She's prim and ladylike and always tells their father the truth when Zelda needs her to lie - and the worst thing is that no one else thinks she's the devil. She's also trying to marry up, which is where Zee's father got the terrible idea that Zelda should, too. (Probably because she's not actually that bad.) Xena's middle name comes from Les Miserables.
Mr. Dorian Gareth Fisk - 19 - Halfblood - Brother
- Called 'Dory,' Dorian is a natural mediator who surprised no one when he went into politics. However, Dory is also an incredibly forgetful scatter-brain with severe organizational issues that Zee likes to laugh at him for. Dory's middle name comes from Idylls of the King.
Mr. Nemo Cheshire Fisk - 18 - Halfblood - Brother
- Nemo has always had self esteem issues. Zee feels bad or him, but also like he should get over himself - he's brave and he's a boy, so he can do anything he wants! What right does he have to pout all the time? Nemo's middle name comes from Alice in Wonderland.
Zelda is 5'3" tall and unlikely to grow any taller. She has a wide, toothy smile, gray eyes, and is right-handed. She likes blues, greens, and golds for dresses - not that she would ever admit to putting thought into her wardrobe - and her boots always
have mud on them. Her hair is usually done up in a simple braid, unless her father manages to bribe her into something prettier.
1868: Zelda Ophelia Fisk is born. Her parents agree that she must
be the last Fisk child, as any more than ten would just be too much.
1873: Dory, Nemo, and Zee get in trouble for going on 'an epic adventure.' What actually
happens is that they all tried to ride a canoe they stole from the neighbor on the pond in town, and it capsized because small children should not captain vessels. Zee demonstrates magic by relocating them all to shore in a blink of the eye.
1874: Katia marries in July. Zee decides that she wants to be a pirate, only to be told that girls can't
be pirates. (And that piracy is not at all a respectable occupation.) She throws a formidable fit, and Leonid pacifies her by having 'sword duels' with sticks in the yard for the rest of the summer.
1875: Zee decides that if she can't be a pirate then damnit
she'll just have to be a knight. Her father decides that she needs female friends, and Zelda is forced to socialize with the older twin neighbor muggle girls who spend the entire time braiding her hair. Eventually she rebels by hiding in the family attic for five hours to avoid them, and Brannon decides that maybe he should find her some friends of a similar age instead. Zee does not appreciate playing with his coworker's daughters, either, but at least they don't touch her. In September, Dory goes to school, and Nemo and Zelda are quite bereft in his absence.
1877: Marlena graduates and, a few months later, announces her engagement to an immensely cheerful fellow. The pair marry in December. In a spiteful mood, Zee professes that she shall never
marry - in a few years, she actually becomes serious
about such words.
1878: Nemo goes to school. Zee is not at all pleased about his abandoning her, and spends a great deal of her September sulking.
, Zelda goes to Hogwarts. She is sorted into Hufflepuff for her overwhelming sense of loyalty, and spends much of her first year working hard to become friends with a group of boys in her year and house. (No more groups of female friends for her, thank you very much!) She is quite thrilled when she is successful, and adores all of 'her boys' almost as much as she enjoys the rebellion that being friends with them is. In June, Xena debuts, and announces her intention to marry up. Brannon becomes married to the idea of both of his youngest daughters doing so. Zee is about as thrilled as could be expected.
1880: Xena becomes engaged for the first time.
1881: Xena's engagement falls through for reasons Zelda does not care about. Zee selects Care of Magical Creatures and Earth Magic as her electives, because they are the least ladylike things that she can think of. Girls are banned from Quidditch in the Fall and she is filled with righteous fury.
1882: Dory finishes his schooling. Julian loses his leg in some sort of accident, and moves to Hogsmeade. Zee - who is forever bitter that the family home isn't in the center of things - visits him often.
1883: Zee is, to her pleasure, not named Prefect. Girls are allowed to play Quidditch again but Brannon will not
let her, no matter how much she needles, nags, harasses, begs, or fights him. She develops a crush on one of her boys but is in utter denial of it, and Beanie has not figured out which one it is then.
A loyal extrovert who wants to never
marry because the idea of having to listen to a man terrifies her utterly, Zee is a good friend and an avid adventurer. She holds a grudge and is bad at having female friends, simply because she is against it from the get-go.
Sample Roleplay Post:
[At least a paragraph.]