Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
This Is: Aurelian

aurelian septimius bell

about: aurelian bell comes from a middle class, pureblood family in london and is currently employed as a librarian at the crowdy memorial library. when he was in hogwarts, from 1878-1884, he was in hufflepuff and was known for being softhearted, kind, great at herbology, and terrible at transfiguration. in 1884, he lost both his father and his sister to the laughing plague as well as his mother went mad from grief and ultimately could no longer care for herself, and so instead of going back to finish his n.e.w.t.s, aurelian stayed home and looked after her rather than send her to an asylum. she died recently in 1892 and aurelian is recently coming out of the mourning period and trying to reenter society as he left it completely along with his mother since she was no longer fit to be in public. he's had a hard time dealing with his grief on his own, but he's gotten a lot better with time. he enjoys writing poetry, playing the flute and piano, reading books, and watching quidditch.

hogwarts: aurelian attended hogwarts from 1878-1884 as a hufflepuff, completing his 1st-6th year. he was a natural in herbology, but being absolutely ghastly in transfiguration and it was one of the o.w.l.s he ultimately failed despite his best efforts. classmates would note that he was shy, kindhearted and always willing to help out students and professors alike, but also he could be a major pushover which made him a great target for bullying. he had a habit of taking first years under his wing and guiding them so they felt less nervous about being at a new school. former classmates may have been friends, bullies, people who had a crush on him, etc. and may or may not have noticed he never returned for his seventh year and maybe wrote to him about it.

co-workers: aurelian has worked at the crowdy memorial library since he was seventeen, starting as a junior librarian and working his way up to a full librarian. he chose the job because he enjoys being close to so many books as well as it was located close enough to his family home that he could constantly check in on his mother during his breaks and didn't have to worry about apparation, as he never learned how. co-workers, and anyone else who ever worked at the library since then, probably have known him the most intimately since he dropped out of society since they saw him everyday and probably noticed he was very closed off, quiet, and just focused on his work but then got a bit more open and friendly with them as the years passed.

friends: aurelian is coming out of the mourning period for his mother just in time for the 1893 season and he is hoping to try and ease his way back into society since leaving it when she got sick back in 1884. making friends is not something he's too great at, being socially awkward and already having an excuse for people to whisper about him, but he's a good, kindhearted soul who would never hurt a fly. you may have come across him if you went to the library in london and he may have helped you find a book, or dropped something and he picked it up for you, and if you ever come to him and ask for help he'd be happy to do what he can. despite being pureblood, he is not a purist, and in fact is considered very liberal in his politics; in blood purity, being rights, and he does support women's suffrage. aurelian is a sweet young man who would make a good friend!

love: aurelian is demiromantic, asexual and the concept of courting is a whole foreign concept to him if he's completely honest. his father died before he could really walk him through the finer concepts of what the season entails and he never really fancied anyone in particular while he was in school, either. that being said, he is sort of aware that he doesn't have a preference for men or women, but he would like to have a family one day (though he does fear that he will end up losing them too and that's a whole other thing) and is a romantic at heart. whomever catches his attention will be showered with love poems, flowers, sweets, and kind words.

other: aurelian is open for other ideas if you have them, just let me know what you might be thinking.

[Image: aursig.png]
FINALLY!

Elsie Kirke is his coworker! She's a year older, but Aurelian also would have been roomies with her younger brother Harvey Beauregard at Hogwarts!

Elsie has been at the library since 1886, though out for a bit to have her kiddos in late 1891 and now this spring. She'll be back to work come August probably, but can always stop in!

Alvin Bixby would have been in his year, but in Ravenclaw! He's been traveling and working abroad, but has been back for six months since his accident ruined his broommaking career. He's in a bit of a transitional phase trying to figure out what he's doing with his life and a bit of a lost puppy xD

Oh and Daffy here is a few years younger, but owns her own shop in Diagon Alley!

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
(June 16, 2023 – 9:36 PM)Daffodil Potts Wrote:  FINALLY!

Elsie Kirke is his coworker! She's a year older, but Aurelian also would have been roomies with her younger brother Harvey Beauregard at Hogwarts!

Elsie has been at the library since 1886, though out for a bit to have her kiddos in late 1891 and now this spring. She'll be back to work come August probably, but can always stop in!

Alvin Bixby would have been in his year, but in Ravenclaw! He's been traveling and working abroad, but has been back for six months since his accident ruined his broommaking career. He's in a bit of a transitional phase trying to figure out what he's doing with his life and a bit of a lost puppy xD

Oh and Daffy here is a few years younger, but owns her own shop in Diagon Alley!

Elsie seems so sweet!! I think when he met her as a co-worker he may of recognized her surname because of Harvey Smile Aurelian would miss her when she left to go have her babies, but he would also have been excited for her having a family and it would've made him smile. He's happy to see her come back whenever she's ready! And if she ever stops in, he'd be happy to have a chat with her and congratulate her on a healthy baby girl since he saw that in the paper Smile

Aurelian :hand shake emoji: Alvin - lost puppies xD So, past Hogwarts connection wise - Alvin isn't great at Herbology but was good at Transfiguration, whereas Aurelian was the opposite; maybe they could have tutored each other / worked together in class? Maybe he lent him a book about trees that helped him in the future, you never know. Regardless, I think they could perhaps run into each other again and maybe be friends. Aurelian is very sympathetic that he lost his trade and hopes to cheer him up somehow.

And as for Daffy, Aurelian may be familiar with her face, at least, because of his love for gardening and herbology, as well as being a London resident, would make him a frequent customer at her shop. Smile

Weee! Do you want to start with Alvin first and then we can revisit Elsie and/or Daff?

I can send Alvin into the library for some art history books or something of the like!

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
(June 16, 2023 – 10:20 PM)Daffodil Potts Wrote:  Weee! Do you want to start with Alvin first and then we can revisit Elsie and/or Daff?

I can send Alvin into the library for some art history books or something of the like!

Sure! That sounds like a great idea :D Yay!

The following 1 user Likes Aurelian Bell's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone

Ayyy. Let's see. I have:

@"Zinnia Potts" and Reginald Alderton, both who are two years younger than him and were Ravvies, so they could have overlapped at Hogwarts. Reg actually went on a continental tour to visit libraries after he dropped out of the auror program, so Aurelian is bond to know his face. He also collects books, is an avid reader and writer. I could see them being friends.

Clifford Hillicker is also around his age, a Gryffindor and a total jerk lol. I don't think they would have overlapped a lot, or would now.

[Image: q9RIWqt.png]
here you go!

The following 1 user Likes Alvin Bixby's post:
   Aurelian Bell
(June 16, 2023 – 11:20 PM)Reginald Alderton Wrote:  Ayyy. Let's see. I have:

@"Zinnia Potts" and Reginald Alderton, both who are two years younger than him and were Ravvies, so they could have overlapped at Hogwarts. Reg actually went on a continental tour to visit libraries after he dropped out of the auror program, so Aurelian is bond to know his face. He also collects books, is an avid reader and writer. I could see them being friends.

Clifford Hillicker is also around his age, a Gryffindor and a total jerk lol. I don't think they would have overlapped a lot, or would now.

Even as a lower year, Aurelian was being a little bit of a 'kind older year' sort of person to the younger ones, so I think he may have at least said hello to Zinnia and Reginald when they were starting out. But, I do think he's more likely to run into Reginald post-Hogwarts since he's frequenting libraries and lives in London and such. I would love to have them be friends Smile He'd be happy to send him an owl whenever they get some new books in that might interest him!

So, Clifford and Aurelian's sister, Cornelia were in the exact same house and year! Also, they were similar; both interested in Quidditch (Cornelia would have hung around the pitch all the time and whined that girls weren't allowed), both were mischievous, free-spirited, and brash. I think Cornelia would have been the type instead of being upset if Cliff insulted her, laughed and shot back with a funnier insult. That being said, I think he would have noticed that she died in 1884 and didn't come back to Hogwarts for their fourth year, and so I think while maybe he may not have known Aurelian super well, he would possibly know him through his late sister.

The following 1 user Likes Aurelian Bell's post:
   Reginald Alderton

I have a lot of potential connections tbh, here are some of the ones that immediately come to mind:

As I said in our dms, Timothy Ainsworth is his boss man.

Loretta Browne was a prefect and hufflepuff in his year. She is very shy and awkward.

Winston Umbra was a hufflepuff in the year below him. He is quite out there and was always kind of drifting through school much like the ghosts he loves so much.

George Robins was a hufflepuff in the year above him and very shy. Even now, he can hardly keep eye contact with most people. He is basically a ve disney princess except he's a boy. Ghost animals love him.

Jack Humphrey-Mavis was a hufflepuff in the year below him. Very charming and outgoing.

(June 17, 2023 – 12:17 AM)Tycho Dodonus Wrote:  I have a lot of potential connections tbh, here are some of the ones that immediately come to mind:

Loretta Browne was a prefect and hufflepuff in his year. She is very shy and awkward.

Winston Umbra was a hufflepuff in the year below him. He is quite out there and was always kind of drifting through school much like the ghosts he loves so much.

George Robins was a hufflepuff in the year above him and very shy. Even now, he can hardly keep eye contact with most people. He is basically a ve disney princess except he's a boy. Ghost animals love him.

Jack Humphrey-Mavis was a hufflepuff in the year below him. Very charming and outgoing.

I think that Aurelian would like his boss a lot and would get along well with him - I'm down for anytime you want to do something work related with them or just, anything you think would fit. I could see Aurelian bringing him tea and scones and reminding him to eat from time to time because his father was a bit like Timothy in the way he'd get so engrossed in his research.

Aww, Loretta seems sweet. Harvey was one of Aurelian's roomies (obviously) so they could have definitely interacted through him or just worked on classwork together when they were in school. Even if she's a lady, Aurelian was always very sweet and open to working with women and not ever thinking them as lesser the way some boys did so he would have been happy to work with her even in their later years. They could have been friends in school and I'm open to them being friends now too if you'd like Smile

Aurelian was always welcoming new first years in his house especially so I think he would have greeted both Winston and Jack when they first arrived and even offered to show them around, help with schoolwork, etc. whether or not they took him up on it is a whole other thing. I think he'd find Winston a bit odd, but interesting nevertheless. Might have asked him a few times where he was going when he was wandering xD Given that Jack was in Muggle Studies, they may have had a few classes together in the O.W.L. years.

I'm obsessed with George, he's adorable and Aurelian knows that rough people-pleaser life. I think they could be good friends. But I do think it would be funny if Aurelian gave him an easy plant to look after and George absolutely murders it on accident xD Aurelian probably will ask him a lot of questions about ghosts and death just because of his job.

(June 17, 2023 – 5:39 PM)Aurelian Bell Wrote:  
(June 17, 2023 – 12:17 AM)Tycho Dodonus Wrote:  I have a lot of potential connections tbh, here are some of the ones that immediately come to mind:

I think that Aurelian would like his boss a lot and would get along well with him - I'm down for anytime you want to do something work related with them or just, anything you think would fit. I could see Aurelian bringing him tea and scones and reminding him to eat from time to time because his father was a bit like Timothy in the way he'd get so engrossed in his research.

Aww, Loretta seems sweet. Harvey was one of Aurelian's roomies (obviously) so they could have definitely interacted through him or just worked on classwork together when they were in school. Even if she's a lady, Aurelian was always very sweet and open to working with women and not ever thinking them as lesser the way some boys did so he would have been happy to work with her even in their later years. They could have been friends in school and I'm open to them being friends now too if you'd like Smile

Aurelian was always welcoming new first years in his house especially so I think he would have greeted both Winston and Jack when they first arrived and even offered to show them around, help with schoolwork, etc. whether or not they took him up on it is a whole other thing. I think he'd find Winston a bit odd, but interesting nevertheless. Might have asked him a few times where he was going when he was wandering xD Given that Jack was in Muggle Studies, they may have had a few classes together in the O.W.L. years.

I'm obsessed with George, he's adorable and Aurelian knows that rough people-pleaser life. I think they could be good friends. But I do think it would be funny if Aurelian gave him an easy plant to look after and George absolutely murders it on accident xD Aurelian probably will ask him a lot of questions about ghosts and death just because of his job.
This all works for me and I am also down for Loretta and Aurelian still being friends to this day. <3 Any pairing in particular that you were leaning towards starting with?

(June 18, 2023 – 4:42 AM)Tycho Dodonus Wrote:  
(June 17, 2023 – 5:39 PM)Aurelian Bell Wrote:  

This all works for me and I am also down for Loretta and Aurelian still being friends to this day. <3 Any pairing in particular that you were leaning towards starting with?

Perhaps Loretta?? I'm good with any of them but if they're already friends I think it might work best Smile

(June 16, 2023 – 11:40 PM)Aurelian Bell Wrote:  

Even as a lower year, Aurelian was being a little bit of a 'kind older year' sort of person to the younger ones, so I think he may have at least said hello to Zinnia and Reginald when they were starting out. But, I do think he's more likely to run into Reginald post-Hogwarts since he's frequenting libraries and lives in London and such. I would love to have them be friends Smile He'd be happy to send him an owl whenever they get some new books in that might interest him!

So, Clifford and Aurelian's sister, Cornelia were in the exact same house and year! Also, they were similar; both interested in Quidditch (Cornelia would have hung around the pitch all the time and whined that girls weren't allowed), both were mischievous, free-spirited, and brash. I think Cornelia would have been the type instead of being upset if Cliff insulted her, laughed and shot back with a funnier insult. That being said, I think he would have noticed that she died in 1884 and didn't come back to Hogwarts for their fourth year, and so I think while maybe he may not have known Aurelian super well, he would possibly know him through his late sister.

Yesss. Reg needs more friends, so I love all of this<3 I imagine he would have recognized Aurelian and just kind of attached to him post-Hogwarts, and then they just became friends. He'd be all about sending him books he found too, or texts, or whatever in turn. I can start something for the two of them if you'd like?

And honestly, I really like this for Cliff haha. I'm not sure he would have been friends with his sister (he had one during Hogwarts, and the rest were just kind of... there), but he would have noticed her absence later. Cliff isn't reallyy one to go out of his way to say hi to someone, unless he plans on robbing them or something else entirely unpleasant, so I don't think he'd ever approach Aurelian despite knowing his sister.

The following 1 user Likes Reginald Alderton's post:
   Aurelian Bell

(June 21, 2023 – 11:40 PM)Reginald Alderton Wrote:  
(June 16, 2023 – 11:40 PM)Aurelian Bell Wrote:  

Yesss. Reg needs more friends, so I love all of this<3 I imagine he would have recognized Aurelian and just kind of attached to him post-Hogwarts, and then they just became friends. He'd be all about sending him books he found too, or texts, or whatever in turn. I can start something for the two of them if you'd like?

And honestly, I really like this for Cliff haha. I'm not sure he would have been friends with his sister (he had one during Hogwarts, and the rest were just kind of... there), but he would have noticed her absence later. Cliff isn't reallyy one to go out of his way to say hi to someone, unless he plans on robbing them or something else entirely unpleasant, so I don't think he'd ever approach Aurelian despite knowing his sister.

I would love to have a thread for Aurelian and Reg! They'd be cute friends Smile

That's fine with Cliff!! I just thought I'd throw that out there; if you'd rather they don't interact because it doesn't fit, that's 100% fine.

Hey Cherry!

I have too many characters, but here are my ~most likely?

Tybalt Kirke was the year above, Gryffindor, class clown, formerly professional quidditch player; he is the sort of hyperactive extrovert friend however, in more recent years: might have bumped into Aurelian from time to time when lurking about in the library (not his natural environment lol) to secretly see Elsie back before they eloped. He continues to be too loud to exist in libraries xD

Theodore Gallivan, Ravenclaw the year below. Again a quidditchy confident type at Hogwarts; friends with Reginald above; but was a prefect at school and wouldn't have stood for bullying. Also good for moping about family problems.

Kristoffer Lestrange is a few years younger but is an obnoxious idiot and will bully literally anyone for funsies <3

@"Jemima Farley" is my MC hurlable gal, she'll crush on anyone xD

Jude Wright hangs out in the library sometimes and is very interested in getting to know anyone who's interested in suffrage, no matter how quietly!

William Blake Abrahams is older but quiet and artsy~

Barnaby Wye is a ghost, lol, who cares a lot about poetry and music and might stumble across him through George Robins or Ford Greengrass xD

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
For you, darling

View a Printable Version