Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Crunch Time
May 21st, 1888; Breakfast Time — Hogwarts Library

"...and a bezoar can serve as an antidote to most poisons as well," George recited quietly to herself at a large table in the library. "A bezoar is a 'stone' taken from the stomach of a goat which sounds utterly disgusting ugh."

The Ravenclaw's face scrunched up in distaste just as her stomach made a loud, hungry grumble of protest at having not been fed yet. With today marking the first day of end-of-year exams, the third year had assumed time would better be spent with last minute cramming than cramming her face full of food, but every passing gurgle of her belly made George question the sense of this decision.

"Do you think it's too late to run off and become a muggle if I fail my examinations?" George half asked, half whined to a student across the table. "Surely no university would care that I don't know the recipe for a sleeping draught by heart!"

Beauty set by Soph <3

He/Him/His by those around her.
She/Her/Hers OOC and in her own narration.
Already the end of term had approached, final exams loomed over the castle with the promise of Summer holiday teasing tantalizingly after them. Sisse for her part was quite unsure how to feel about all this. Both about exams and about and summer holiday. It felt as if she had only just arrived at Hogwarts and now to be leaving for the summer she was left completely baffled as to where the school year had vanished to. Studying on the other hand was something she was completed tired of and ready for a reprieve from the task. The task, however, had to be completed and would be within the next few days.

Typically on Sundays Sisse would scramble to complete assignments with her fellow classmates, having held off for the earlier part of the weekend. This Sunday’s exception had been that instead of papers she was pouring over her textbooks trying to make the information stay. But after a full day in the library Sisse was still terrified that the information had leaked out of her mind in her sleep and had hastily departed for the library when she had awaken in the morning. She’d asked Sloane to grab her a pastry and made her way to the library.

Few students appeared to have taken this approach of skipping breakfast to study but Sisse had found Mr. Waterford studying at a table and had settled down to pour over her magical theory textbook. The two of them having formed a sort of unspoken friendliness since they had been suck on the stairs together this winter. Sisse didn’t mind that the boy was muttering to himself, instead she found it soothing. She didn’t care anything for third year potions and while she didn’t care for magical theory either, at least she felt like she knew more of that than whatever Mr. Waterford was saying.

Sisse was nose deep in a section about wands when Mr. Waterford stated something in frustration. She looked up at him, blinking as she focused on what he said instead of her own panicked studying. “It may be. But I really doubt you will. You seem to have memorized an awful lot.” Sisse tried to console with a smile. Afterall, Mr. Waterford was in Ravenclaw and this seemed as good a reason as any to not fail the exams to come.

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
The Gryffindor seemed far less daunted by the impending exams than she had by their interlude on the stuck staircase—something of a role reversal, George thought wryly. Weren’t Ravenclaws supposed to be tough in the face of tests, and Gryffindor’s with new challenges?

“A lot may not be enough, though,” George sighed, resting her forehead in her hands. “Not that you need to worry,” the third year added hastily. If the first year was not anxious about her impending first examinations, then George should not try to lead her down such a path!

Beauty set by Soph <3

The third year seem deeply worried and Sisse could feel her own nervousness seeping in at those words. But really Mr. Waterford didn’t seem like he really needed her own anxious wonderings to contend with. “I bet it will be.” She tried a bright smile, perhaps a bit more strained than her normal.

Oh?” She thought she had an awful lot to worry about. “Foolish as it sounds I’m worried I’ve forgotten everything.” She admitted with a light blush warming her cheeks and she looked back down at her textbook.

“You’re a first year, yes? First year examinations are designed to be doable, don’t worry,” George offered reassuringly. “It’s once you get to third year that they start really grilling you!”

And what if George sat down to write an examination, only to have the “lot” that she had painstakingly memorized leave her entirely? Merlin help her when it came time to write her O.W.L.s—the Ravenclaw would be a train wreck!

“Just focus on the fundamentals—everything else will flow naturally from there.”

Beauty set by Soph <3

Well that was reassuring, but Sisse found she wasn’t sure how to help Mr. Waterford with his own. “Is there anything I can do to help?” She asked with a tentative smile. “I can quiz you if you’d like. Or would that only make it worse?

At the tidbit of advice she smiled at the older student. She’d be alright, or at least she hoped she would. But she was beginning to worry less about her and more about the third year.

“You’re very kind,” George answered, smiling sheepishly, “but I expect I’ll perform better without an audience.”

That much was certainly true. If only she wouldn’t have an audience—the professor—when it came time for the actual examinations!

Beauty set by Soph <3

The poor boy really did look nervous. Sisse gave him a reassuring smile. “Well, if you need change your mind just let me know..” Then she put her nose back down into her book to try and obtain whatever information she could at the very last minute.

George offered up an apologetic, grateful smile.

“I will keep that in mind—and best of luck with your own preparation! Not that you need it, I’m sure.”

Beauty set by Soph <3

"Thank you." Sisse responded with a genuine smile. She was about to resume her studies when she noticed the clock. It was nearly time, "Oh no!" Sisse exclaimed before she could stop herself. She began throwing her books into her bag. "I'll be late if I'm not careful." She explained, throwing the last of her books in the bag.

"Good luck! I'm sure you will do wonderful!" With one last bright smile Sisse was headed to her first ever final.

View a Printable Version