Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Now that he had walked up to them, he couldn't exactly whirl around and get going. That would be rude. And was not, presumably, how straight men seduced their future wives.

Cassius Lestrange in Eyes on the Screen

— Nominate a quote —
The Dozen

Complete a twelve-post thread in which each post has exactly twelve words. At least three posts must be your own.

<
>

City by the Sea
See Inside 
May 19th, 1888 - An Unused Tower
Ravenclaw OWL/NEWT Breakfast, open to 5th + 7th years
It was a Saturday, so Rose was perfectly happy to force all the fifth and seventh years to attend a breakfast in one of the unused towers. The breakfast was still catered by the house elves, obviously, but it was just Ravenclaws, and Rose had brought a piano to the room to play soothing, upbeat music during the breakfast.

"You're halfway through exams - more than halfway, for some of you - so this is really the end-of-year stretch," Rose said. She was sat at the end of a long table spread through the room, with breakfast heaped on top of it into cheerfully decorated, Ravenclaw-themed bowls and plates she had acquired from the house elves.

"How's everyone feeling?"

Oh wasn't this lovely? Daffy had always enjoyed Mrs. Bennett, but then again, she had never been on the matron's bad side either. She knew that the woman could be stern if she wanted to, but fortunately for Daff, she'd been perfectly pleasant to her. This little breakfast she'd organized for the OWL and NEWT students was quite delightful and Daffy had been more than pleased to attend.

It was in an unused tower of the castle, one Daff had never ventured into herself, so that was a bonus as well! With small daisies tucked into a plait wound up on top of her head, Daff sat near Mrs. Bennet and so heard her question and answered with a breezy, "Just fine!" Of course Daffy needn't really worry about her exam scores- she was already set to work in the family shop as a florist. Her Herbology grade was the only one that could matter, though she supposed an argument could be made for Charms and Transfiguration as well, if she were going to start delving deeper into magical plants.

"I do hope it's not terrible for everyone else?" She questioned with a raised eyebrows as she took a sip of her pumpkin juice.

“I don't care if I sing off key,
I find myself in my melodies.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥

He'd gotten the 'invitation' to breakfast the other day - though the 'invitation' did leave a quite clear feeling of it wasn't so much an invitation as a mandatory summoning. He didn't mind that much, it was only the once and he would be up anyways, though he wasn't sure why it was all the way in another tower rather than an empty classroom. Regardless, the climb had woken him up and he choose an empty seat a few off from the older seventh year. "No, not hard at all. Though I will certainly be pleased to dropped a few classes so I can focus on what i wish to do."

After his deceleration, he started to take a few items of food in front of him.

@'Character Name'
They weren't being particularly expressive today, but Rose could work with those who were chatting. "I do think it's rather nice to narrow your focus for N.E.W.T.s," she said cheerfully, "How many courses did you take, Miss Potts?"

Daffodil Potts was a charming eccentric, not a troublemaker, a good Ravenclaw - in short, Rose was very fond of her, and hoping that she would impart her wisdom to the fifth years.