Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Cool Party
May 25th, 1888 - A Muggle Bar in Chudley
A normal person, a normal functional person, would have been perfectly happy to come out with Jack Humphrey-Mavis and Rufus Bixby for what was essentially a birthday drink but also a it's-a-Friday-let's-get-a-drink drink. When Cash agreed, sometime last week, he had seriously overestimated how much he would want to be here. He'd already been out with Miss Scamander and Miss A, and now he had apparated to Chudley just to meet them at the bar.

He could have flaked, probably, but then he would have risked getting ribbed at the next practice by H-M, or the next game against Puddlemere by Bixby. So instead he waited by the door to the muggle pub with his hands shoved deep into his pockets, early despite himself.

When the first of them showed up, Cash waved. "Hey," he said, "Thanks for making it."

MJ made this!
Over the few years that Rufus had played for Puddlemere he had come to the realization that the Quidditch League was composed of former Hogwarts team members, most of whom had known each other during their school years. It was almost as if he came to games composed of variety of people he had known or known of as he had trained in school. Perhaps part of this feeling of a small community came from the fact that he had grown up around the sport, but he really rather felt that he knew the other pros from his own time playing and not his father’s. That being said it was not at all unusual to go out and grab a drink with players on other teams, such as Rufus was doing this evening. Even if it was members of the Canons whom they had soundly beat at the finals last season.

The week had been one that was much per normal given the start of the season, still a nice relief from off season. Rufus, though, was never one to turn down an opportunity to go out. This had the added excuse of being Lestrange’s birthday. As such he had apperated to the small muggle community that unknowingly hosted one of the more popular quidditch teams in the wizarding world. Lestrange waited outside the bar and Rufus greeted him with a wave. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Rufus assured Lestrange as he approached him. “Ready to celebrate being a whole year older?” He put forth chipperly, although in their world getting older wasn’t necessarily a good thing when you began to realize you couldn’t play the game for one’s whole life. But Lestrange was young and the bittersweet feeling likely was only beginning to settle in in the barest of forms these days.

[Image: vgR1rM.png]
BEE-utiful set!
[Image: bCBJMyB.png]
Jack and Lestrange had shared some overlapped years at Hogwarts and had faced one another on the school Quidditch pitch. Now they were teammates and Jack was doing his best to try and bolster some sort of friendship with the Seeker for several reasons. For one, he thought that a close team was the Best team and for another, he admired the seeker who had gotten on first string quite quickly.

Bixby he didn't know quite as well due to his older age and his differing team but he got on with the man well enough to enjoy a drink with. Arriving and apparently the last to do so, he flashed the pair of men a grin before clapping a hand onto Lestrange's shoulder. "Happy birthday, Lestrange. Your drinks are on me tonight, if you'll permit it."

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.
coding by cherry!
"Sure, sure," Cash said to Bixby, with a light laugh. This was good, this was normal - this was definitely going to be the easiest part of his day, since he was dealing with the Lestranges later.

He quirked his eyebrows upwards as H-M's hand clapped against his shoulder, too used to Quidditch physicality to even flinch. "Well, if you insist," Cash said with a grin. Merlin knew he could afford it - but so could Jack, with his title from the peerage.

MJ made this!
Shall we gentleman?” Rufus grinned and gestured toward the door. They were here to let off steam and have a good time. Now seemed as good as ever to start on that endeavour. He led the way into the bar and up to the counter, ordering a pint for all three before either could object. Whatever their plans for drinks, Rufus always felt it rude to not purchase at least a round at some point in the evening. “Drink up lads.” He told them cheerfully thrusting the pints at them. “CHeers!” He added before taking a deep swig of his own drink.

BEE-utiful set!
Jack had no objection to Bixby buying the first round and was more than happy to accept the pint being thrust his way. "To Lestrange and his continued aging," Jack said jovially before downing some of the contents.

coding by cherry!
"Thanks," Cash said with a grin, a little embarassed at the intention. This was good. This was normal, and he was happy to take a large gulp of his drink.

MJ made this!
To continued aging!” Rufus echoed with a chuckle. The night successfully on its way he lead them toward a table to sit at. Better to claim territory now then wait for a table later. As they settled he looked at Lestrange. “So any big plans for the next year?” He asked lightly leaning back in his seat.

BEE-utiful set!
Taking a swig of his drink, he settled in to hear what Lestranges answer might be to Bixby's question. Though at their age, there wasn't exactly a lot expected out of them.

coding by cherry!
"I mean I'd like for the Cannons to be first in the league," Cash said. "Other than that?" he shrugged his shoulders at the two of them.

MJ made this!
Rufus couldn’t help it - he snorted. Birthday or not he’d support Puddlemere on this one. “Not sure about that one, mate.” Rufus said with a good-natured clap on Lestrange’s shoulder. Friendly rivalry was something that Rufus excelled at.

BEE-utiful set!
"I obviously share that wish of yours," Jack chuckled in response to his teammates words before laughing at Bixbys. "We'll see who comes out on top." Either way, he had every intention of having fun and working hard towards winning.

coding by cherry!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rufina Mulciber
September 15, 2018 – 3:35 PM
Last Post by Dolores Diggory
September 1, 2018 – 3:37 AM
View a Printable Version