Chat
Cbox
Charming
Did you know?

Victorians could hire 'professional mourners' to attend their loved one's funeral. These people would partake in the procession and were not allowed to speak, just look awfully sad! — Rune

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Kristoffer was going to be great at this, because he was great at everything. Also his memory was greater than everyone else's, because he bet no one else had ever lost their virginity somewhere exotic like Morocco. Hell, he bet no one else had even lost their virginity. Inexperienced losers.

Kristoffer Lestrange in Shining, Shimmering Splendour

— Nominate a quote —
7 Deadly Sins

Complete seven threads, one where your character displays each of the Seven Deadly Sins — Pride, Lust, Sloth, Envy, Weath, Gluttony, and Greed. Each thread should be at least ten posts, with at least three being your own. Character accounts can be combined.

<
>

Guns and Dogs
Private 
May 25th, 1888 - Lucius' House, London
Took a trip down in '87
They were looking for a place where we don't need heaven
Oh, once you crawl in, you never come back again

Technically he was the main event of the evening, but with Cicero attracting much of the pre-dinner audience, Cash slipped out into the yard. He leaned against the wall of the house by the back door and sighed, closing his eyes. "Kiss me properly," said a painfully familiar voice, "And tell me you missed me. And then I'll stop being selfish and wish you a happy birthday."

The voice came like a punch to the gut. Cash's eyes popped back open. "I thought you were gone," he said, to no one in particular. It had been so long - months, really - since the last time he imagined Eli's voice. But here he was, again, as Cash leaned against the wall of the house and the sun set. Dead, but not gone - Eli was haunting him.

Cash reached into the pocket of his jacket and pulled out a cigarette. He lit it with a flick of his wand and was blowing smoke rings upwards when the back door opened again. Cash turned, expecting a sibling or a household servant or, at best, Ellory. Instead he got Antigone, who was at least, a better option than her husband.

"Do you smoke?" Cash asked, moving over in case Antigone wanted to join him against the wall. When it came to avoiding the family - well, beggars couldn't be choosers.

brb i am Anxiety
Family gatherings were really starting to get up her nose. Being stuck in the same house, often the same room, with the same group of people she almost unanimously disliked was incredibly tedious. She was almost constantly in the company of people she disliked simply because she disliked most people, but for some reason - possibly a survival instinct - she felt it necessary to mask her disdain. Were she with her own family she'd assuredly revert to childish levels of petulance and tantrums. Childish by her standards anyway.

When the opportunity to sneak outside for a moment presented itself, she took it readily. To her immense disappointment, her escape was ruined by the reason she was even there in the first place. Cassius. Why did he need a stupid birthday party, she hadn't had a birthday party since... Well, she couldn't remember. She doubted she'd be celebrating her next one in any sort of memorable fashion, although maybe it wouldn't be so terrible to organize something this year. She'd be center of attention, no one could accuse her of being a reclusive oddity, and it'd very likely irritate Tiberius immensely, the only downside was the possibility of a low turn out. That wold just be embarrassing.

Tig watched with slight bemusement as he not only moved aside as if to invite her to join him, but proceeded to speak to her. Honestly she'd just been expecting to engage in some terse eye contact and then move off to occupy a space as far from him as the yard would allow. It took her a moment to realize that he'd just asked her a question. She felt an inclination to glance over her shoulder to see if she was stood in front of the person he was really speaking to but refrained, already knowing there was no one else there.

"Are you offering?" She'd never smoked but was under the impression it was generally less acceptable for a woman to do so and as such, was quite ready to try it out. If nothing else it would be amusing if it displeased Tiberius. Regardless of how harmoniously - or not - they might be getting along at any time, it was always good to demonstrate her disregard for his expectations of her in case he should fall prey to a delusion of her obedience.

This was what Cash liked about Antigone. She could not read his mind or his facial expressions; she was not going to try to cheer him up; she also had no power to make this day more difficult than it was. She was, as far as Lestrange family gatherings were concerned, one of the most harmless people he could have possibly been interrupted by.

"I'm offering," Cash said, holding his own cigarette between his fingers. He reached into his pocket to tug a second one out of the box he purchased in Hogsmeade, and held it out to her. "Just don't tell your husband you got it from me. Or do, I don't really care."

There was nothing Tiberius could do to him that had not been done already; besides, Tib was sort of invested in the whole Nora Abercrombie scheme, probably because of the wife standing next to Cash now. He was nonplussed.

[-] The following 2 users Like Cassius Lestrange's post:
   Antigone Lestrange, Ophelia Devine

brb i am Anxiety
Tig arched an eyebrow at him as she accepted the cigarette from him. If at any point Tiberius asked her who gave her a cigarette she'd happily tell him the truth. Maybe nothing would come of it but maybe it would stir up a little discord between them at some point.

She stole a furtive glance in Cassius' direction to see how he was holding the cigarette and then imitated, hoping he didn't notice her slight fumbling. "Not your favorite relative, Tiberius, is he?" she remarked dryly. Her eyes were now on the cigarette itself which it now occurred to her she didn't know what to do with once it was lit. He was going to offer to light it for her, wasn't he? She held it out towards him expectantly. "Shouldn't you be in there?" Tig indicated towards the house with a pointed glance. "It is your party."

"We've known each other too well and for too long to get along," Cash said simply. Tiberius had always been better liked by Cash's father; Tiberius and Cash were opposites on a polar scale. Tiberius knew Cash's most important secrets, was partially responsible for Eli's death (although not as much as Cash was,) and was to some extent responsible for Cash's tenuous grasp on his memories of Eli. And Cash? Cash knew how Tiberius operated, on some level, and knew that something was wrong with Antigone's ability to have children. (Or Tiberius would never have proposed the Nora scheme.)

They were Lestranges, they dealt in power, and Tib had always had more of it.

Cash pulled out his wand, and with a flick of his wrist and a muttered spell, lit the cigarette that Antigone was holding. He shrugged. "If it was up to me, there wouldn't be a party," Cash admitted with a wry smile. "No one asked, of course. You know how this family is."

brb i am Anxiety