Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Dear Mirror
October 22, 1892
Dear Ishmael,

Today marks a year ago since I met you. I wondered if that is something we should celebrate? It is not every day you meet an ancestor who is a vampire that looks just like you.

I am looking into permanent residence but have yet to find a property that suits my needs. I more or less trust you by now and I know that as a vampire, you need an invitation to enter private property so once I find this property, I shall extend a standing one to you. You are, after all, an uncle of sorts.

Do let me know if you want to get together sometime soon! I promise I won't flinch quite so much at the sight of your teeth this time. Maybe. It is somehow always so unexpected

Sincerely,
T. Zahir
Ishmael / Elias Grimstone

The following 1 user Likes Tariq Zahir's post:
   Ishmael

Tariq looks just like Ishmael except.. alive, not pale, not a vampire, etc.
If your character knows Ishmael, they might initially mistake Tariq for him.

“they tell me I'm a God,
I'm lost in the facade
22nd October, 1892

Tariq,
When you get to my age, anything new is worth celebrating, and as far as surprises go, you’ve been an exceedingly pleasant one.

So I’m glad to hear that you are thinking of staying. Let me know if you need any housing advice in these parts; I have a passing acquaintance with most neighbourhoods. And when you are settled, I’ll expect that invitation.

And we should certainly meet for dinner sometime. (Your dinner, not mine.) I’m sure you have plenty of stories to tell.

Ishmael

October 23, 1892
Dear Ishmael,

I am glad that you think so. It is certainly not something I was expecting when I came here from America.

It is currently a question of whether I want to reside in Hogsmeade or London. I know you tend to frequent one or the other, do you have a preference?

I feel like you have more stories than I ever could.

Sincerely,
T. Zahir
Ishmael

“they tell me I'm a God,
I'm lost in the facade
26nd October, 1892

Tariq,
I have friends in both places, and there are upsides to either. I would say London lends itself better to anonymity – but then I suppose, in your line of work, anonymity is the antithesis of what you’re after.

Let me know where you end up.

Well, I will certainly trade a story or two for the pleasure of hearing yours.

Ishmael

November 6, 1892
Dear Ishmael,

I have settled on a place in Hogsmeade. You are indeed correct. As an actor, anonymity is not really what I should be seeking. Though now I have some people who keep confusing me for you until they see how lively I appear. I shall have you over once I have everything settled just the way I like.

Sincerely,
T. Zahir
Ishmael

“they tell me I'm a God,
I'm lost in the facade

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Nephele Lestrange
October 22, 2023 – 7:59 PM
Last Post by Cecily Gallivan
September 11, 2023 – 8:07 AM
Last Post by Witch Weekly
September 11, 2023 – 12:12 AM
View a Printable Version