Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Bunny Devon for Anne Devon. My fair lady of the night
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Hogwarts COB '88: Dish Drama, Plan Threads
Hey, friends! Inevitably, Witch Weekly will be covering the happenings at the 1888 Hogwarts Coming Out Ball, and I'd really like to know what was going on with your characters! Here are some questions you could answer for me:
  • Who was debuting?
  • Which of your notable characters was in attendance?
  • Which notable characters of yours were not?
  • Were your characters wearing anything embarrassing?
  • Is a hurlable male of yours attending the ball for the first time? He's officially on the market, ladies ;)
  • Did they spend an unusual amount of time (or wander off with!) a character of the opposite sex?
  • Did they break the dance floor—literally?
I feel like you get the gist of it. Now gimme the deets ;)

Note: If you don't want to post it here, send me a quick PM (not a skype message!) about it.

You can also use this thread to plan out any threads you may want to have going on there! Check out the calendar for more information!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bella Scrimgeour's post:
   Declan Wood

bee made me this set and i love it
Post Log
Margaret Rawlinson will be Coming Out at the Hogwarts Coming Out Ball, but will also have a party specifically for her that will be hosted by her mother early next month.

I’m guessing by graduates, that also could mean graduates of former years are permitted to attend. If so, Regina Lacey will attend to support her former classmates, as well as hint towards the fact that she is still very much on the market for a husband.

Acacia Ruskin will awkwardly be there (mentions of half-vamp? Still some tension there, I’m sure).

Who knows what drama Sweetie Whitledge and her siblings may have at that party.

Elaine made pretties
[Image: pLqHsn.jpg]
(May 6, 2018 – 4:53 PM)Margaret Rawlinson Wrote: Margaret Rawlinson will be Coming Out at the Hogwarts Coming Out Ball, but will also have a party specifically for her that will be hosted by her mother early next month.

I’m guessing by graduates, that also could mean graduates of former years are permitted to attend. If so, Regina Lacey will attend to support her former classmates, as well as hint towards the fact that she is still very much on the market for a husband.

Acacia Ruskin will awkwardly be there (mentions of half-vamp? Still some tension there, I’m sure).

Who knows what drama Sweetie Whitledge and her siblings may have at that party.

I don't need general information re: who's going to be there unless they're specifically notable (sorry Acacia and Sweetie, you're not notable according to the magazine's standards!). Non-debuts/Hogwarts students will likely only be mentioned in they partake in any scandalous or otherwise disruptive activities. I only need information that's specific, too, so "who knows what drama" won't really suffice :P
   Margaret Rawlinson

Post Log
OK, thanks for letting me know.

I’m guessing that since WW has mentioned Regina’s lack of attendance at social events, this might be at least a hint towards noteworthy that she’s actually attending something (gasp, Miss Lacey, what’s changed?). Perhaps more gossip towards that, and speculation as towards why, after all this time, has she now decided to come around to the social scene, and if this will be a temporary change or permanent. Doesn’t sound like a full page, but maybe part of one? Depending on what else goes into what article?

Elaine made pretties!
[Image: rOIlPoH.jpg]
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers[Image: nqi.gif]
[Image: iZFaFHs.gif]
(May 6, 2018 – 5:14 PM)Regina Lacey Wrote: OK, thanks for letting me know.

I’m guessing that since WW has mentioned Regina’s lack of attendance at social events, this might be at least a hint towards noteworthy that she’s actually attending something (gasp, Miss Lacey, what’s changed?). Perhaps more gossip towards that, and speculation as towards why, after all this time, has she now decided to come around to the social scene, and if this will be a temporary change or permanent. Doesn’t sound like a full page, but maybe part of one? Depending on what else goes into what article?

I doubt anyone is getting a full article unless they, uh, get naked and do other wild shit that would warrant gossip patrol to be on it immediately. I'm going to try and cover as much as I can, buuuut I try to limit myself on article length so people might stick around to read it :P

Regarding my own people, I'll be down for three threads at the COB with any of the following:
aaand I plan for Bella Scrimgeour to be brooding at a Hogsmeade pub over the ongoing festivities if anyone wants that thread (unless her #issues aren't resolved by then, but I'm hopeful :P)

Handsome Whitledge will be there, having threads with Emmeline Woodcroft (and Madeleine Backus?) but there's no telling what's going down yet so STAY TUNED.
   Regina Lacey

Post Log
Reuben Crouch will be there and is up for threads. He might be spending too much time with someone if anyone feels like indulging him.

Ernest might be there because his son might be? idk how this works man I've never done this xD

Ophelia Devine will attend so she can gossip about the girls and if anyone wants their deb's ego crushed I can do a thread.

Esther Browne might be there in a sisterly support fashion for Prudence if Te is so inclined.

None of my others will be because no one is hurlable or likes social events, unless someone who plays a family member of mine wants to drag them along.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ophelia Devine's post:
   Bella Scrimgeour, Declan Wood, Elsie Beauregard

is it a crime to love too well?
To bear too tender, or too firm a heart, to act a lover's or a Roman's part?
Is there no bright reversion in the sky, for those who greatly think, or bravely die?
Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
Quote:I don't need general information re: who's going to be there unless they're specifically notable (sorry Acacia and Sweetie, you're not notable according to the magazine's standards!). Non-debuts/Hogwarts students will likely only be mentioned in they partake in any scandalous or otherwise disruptive activities. I only need information that's specific, too, so "who knows what drama" won't really suffice :P

Behind this 100%, but I do want to point out that you also said "use this space to coordinate threads." Which people can have even when they're not newsworthy. :P
[-] The following 2 users Like Ophelia Devine's post:
   Arthur Pettigrew, Bella Scrimgeour

is it a crime to love too well?
To bear too tender, or too firm a heart, to act a lover's or a Roman's part?
Is there no bright reversion in the sky, for those who greatly think, or bravely die?
Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
(May 6, 2018 – 5:38 PM)Ophelia Devine Wrote: Reuben Crouch will be there and is up for threads. He might be spending too much time with someone if anyone feels like indulging him.

Ophelia Devine will attend so she can gossip about the girls and if anyone wants their deb's ego crushed I can do a thread.

Helga Scamander could potentially work for either? She's prone to soaking up any attention she's given by gentleman re: Ben, but she's also currently trying to befriend Calliope Riley (who I think is in the Phoenix Society?), so she might try and move onto Ophelia #socialclimber.

Post Log
(May 6, 2018 – 5:43 PM)Ophelia Devine Wrote:
Quote:I don't need general information re: who's going to be there unless they're specifically notable (sorry Acacia and Sweetie, you're not notable according to the magazine's standards!). Non-debuts/Hogwarts students will likely only be mentioned in they partake in any scandalous or otherwise disruptive activities. I only need information that's specific, too, so "who knows what drama" won't really suffice :P

Behind this 100%, but I do want to point out that you also said "use this space to coordinate threads." Which people can have even when they're not newsworthy. :P

I guess it didn't register in my mind because Kelly said "mentions of half vamps?" and there wasn't an indication of "these people are open for threads" :P

SO YES, STILL FEEL FREE TO COORDINATE THREADS

Post Log
(May 6, 2018 – 5:46 PM)Bella Scrimgeour Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 – 5:43 PM)Ophelia Devine Wrote:

I guess it didn't register in my mind because Kelly said "mentions of half vamps?" and there wasn't an indication of "these people are open for threads" :P

SO YES, STILL FEEL FREE TO COORDINATE THREADS

I should have worded it better. I’m certainly up for threads with the lot I had mentioned. And for my hurlable ladies, all the hurling thread! <3

Elaine made pretties
Aldous Crouch are Roses permitted to attend the COB?

Elaine made pretties
Roslyn Ross will presumably be there with her husband. Charles Jameshill will be there with his wife. Aldous and my professors will also go, but otherwise my characters aren't hitting it up this year!

EDIT: Realized Cee is graduating (omg) so Nathaniel Gallivan (and probably Veronica Gallivan) will be there!

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —

— graphics by mj ❤ —
(May 6, 2018 – 6:00 PM)Margaret Rawlinson Wrote: Aldous Crouch are Roses permitted to attend the COB?

Afraid not!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Odette Lécuyer

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —

— graphics by mj ❤ —
(May 6, 2018 – 6:36 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote: Roslyn Ross will presumably be there with her husband. Charles Jameshill will be there with his wife. Aldous and my professors will also go, but otherwise my characters aren't hitting it up this year!

well you're no fun, are you? :P <3

Post Log
Ross will be there with his wife and is open for 1-2 threads... probably with grown-ups rather than debs
ECarms and RBennett are chaperoning

Everyone else is skipping. #GetAugustLaid2k18
(May 6, 2018 – 6:46 PM)Arthur Pettigrew Wrote: Ross will be there with his wife and is open for 1-2 threads... probably with grown-ups rather than debs
ECarms and RBennett are chaperoning

Everyone else is skipping. #GetAugustLaid2k18

Well if everyone's skipping, they should join Bella at a Hogsmeade pub you can't escape me, fiends D<

Post Log

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lonely Threads Charming 11 6,880 Yesterday – 8:12 PM
Last Post: Gervaise Ollivander
  FYI: Hogwarts Quidditch Cup Aldous Crouch 0 77 May 26, 2018 – 12:32 PM
Last Post: Aldous Crouch
  End of Year Ravenclaw Threads -- POINT OPPORTUNITIES Rosaline Bennett 2 156 May 18, 2018 – 10:48 PM
Last Post: Rosaline Bennett
  Hogwarts Classes & Projects Charming 1 192 April 29, 2018 – 3:57 PM
Last Post: Hamish Darrow
  Hogwarts Course Selection 1887-1888 Hamish Darrow 0 122 March 18, 2018 – 10:35 PM
Last Post: Hamish Darrow