Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

*Tries to be Political*
Private 
April 11th, 1888 — Hogsmeade Hall, Ministry of Magic Open House
Ligeia had no interest on politics and such had no desired to be here. But Mrs Baudelaire insisted that if she ever wanted to be one of the influential socialite – and not just some boring housewife like Antigone or Leonie – she had to at least be aware of issues of their society and know who were running the Ministry. Also to maybe snatch the attention of a bachelor and marry her off but Ligeia doesn’t know that. She hoped that her father would be against it but he didn't seem to care whether she accompanied them.

While she’s here, she might as well act like she is interested. “Tell me, how is Minister Ross since being placed at his position? Has there been notable changes at your work?” She asked monotonously to the man whom she assumed was a Ministry employee.

Finnian Byrne

[Image: NjDQGFU.png]
If there was one person to not ask about the state of affairs at the Ministry, it was Finnian. While he was a lawyer (which, by nature, was a position that should have some knowledge about the struggles the administration was facing at least legally), he kept himself so very focused that one might argue that he wasn't focused at all. If he let his attentions wander to the context of his work, rather than the work itself, he'd find himself distracted and promptly fired.

Or at least that was Finnian's logic.

"Uh, things haven't gone up in flames yet?" he responded absent-mindedly before even turning to look at the woman who asked it. When he did, however, he was blinded by her pretty blonde curls and oh-so-curvaceous figure.

Damn, she really was gorgeous. "I mean— He's a great boss. Amazing, even. Unless you don't like him; then I guess he could do better," he rambled, a bright smile stretched across his lips.

beauteous set by Lady
Post Log
It wasn’t the answer that she wanted but she couldn’t blame him if he didn’t care for his boss much. Neither did she but she didn’t want to look out of place. Not setting the place on fire was a good sign. “Oh it’s not that I don’t like him. I don’t really know too much about him to form an opinion.” She said truthfully, though she might have liked him if he didn’t abolish the half-breed ban but she wasn’t saying it out loud. “But if you say he’s great then maybe he is.” She added with a small smile as she looked directly at him.

Finnian was torn between thinking it was endearing that she had no political opinions and wishing she did. He had no desire to carrying on a conversation that he wasn't all that well-informed about, but neither did he wish to speak to a woman who knew more than he did. Ugh, why did life have to be so hard?

"I suppose you're a debutante then? I can't imagine why a pretty young woman like yourself would be, well, here." Finnian was definitely not a pretty young woman, and he didn't even knew why he was here!

beauteous set by Lady
Post Log
Ligeia appreciated that he changed the topic. Truthfully, she had no desire to be talk about it further because she could care less. Maybe if women were allowed to vote then she’d cared more. She was at least good at pretending she knew and cared for it.

Her cheeks turned red when he called her pretty. Compliments from men weren’t rare for her but it was still embarrassing to hear when he said it so smoothly. She nodded. “I’m accompanying my parents,” Who were probably well-versed with how the ministry works –especially her father. “How about you? Is it mandatory for the employees?”

Finnian snorted, but his smile never left his face.

"If they made these things mandatory, they'd have a room full of sleeping employees." Not that the Minister was boring, but simply working at the Ministry didn't mean one had political opinions!

"I was hoping there'd be food, but sadly there's not much left," he added, his face slipping into a pout.

beauteous set by Lady
Post Log
"I can imagine." Lig was already sure that there were many who regretted gping here in the first place which included the fellow beside her.

"Oh you poor thing," She teased. "I'm happy to inform you that the food elsewhere taste better than whatever they served here."

Finnian rolled his eyes playfully at her tone, unable to tell if she was being humorous or condescending. He wanted to assume the former, not wanting to believe a woman as pretty as her could be ugly on the inside.

"Oh, wouldn't I know it! There's nothing better than going home and having a good ol' Irish dinner," he responded. The food at the Connolly house was a good. The company, on the other hand, could be....patronizing.

beauteous set by Lady
Post Log
While Ligeia didn’t meant her teasing to be offensive, she was well… Ligeia. It was natural for her to slip into her condescending tone regardless whether she truly meant it or not. (But most of the time she does).

“Of course a homemade dinner will always be the best.” She agreed. “I hope Mr. Ross is finished soon so we could all have a nice meal.”

Finnian shrugged. "I guess my job is to sit here and look interested - but that's usually your job isn't it?" he teased with a flirty wink. Her pretty face made up her for bland personality, he thought - which was okay given that she was likely entirely out of his league. At any rate, she was more interesting than this open house!

beauteous set by Lady
Post Log
Sit still and look pretty – probably the motto of most debutantes. She extremely glad to know that Mr Byrne knew how he felt right know although Ligeia couldn’t tell if the man felt that she was getting of him, which she was. Still, she continued her fake enthusiasm with him. “I am interested, well, usually. Maybe just not here. I guess politics and women rarely mix well. “