Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Don't Feed Them After Midnight - Bee's Gremlins
Updated 03.23.2024
Player Name Bee
--Reply here or PM for ~secrets or my Skype if you'd like it!
--Full list Here!
--Adoptable Characters

SHIP SHEET OF LOVE aka how my peeps get along with yours, please let me know what to add!

Ty Lady for the coding!

CODING - credit to Lady please!
Show

Working Class

Rhys Gallagher
WCHB | Hogsmeade Chief Constable
G Dropout 1871 | rep 8 | married

Backstory: With a complicated family history and a quiet stoic nature, Rhys can come off as a little intimidating, but he would give you the shirt off his back; has a subtle White Knight complex and really cares about his community. He doesn't suffer fools (coughBarbiecoughcough) and takes his job very seriously!

Generally I would LOVE for people to heckle him about the wedding!

Friends: Basically anyone in Hogsmeade could qualify. He lives in Pennyworth and strives to be a reliable constable, neighbor and friend. He went to Hogwarts as a Gryffindor form 1866-1871 when he dropped out after his 5th year so he could work and his siblings could continue their schooling.

Work: Rhys takes his job a little too seriously, so if you're in need of a constable he's around! Local criminals? Repeat offenders? Serious dark shit? Please come at me. He wanted to be an auror so bad, but didn't make the grade because #dropout. I neglected to mention any friends of Barbie's even if you're a nice person, he probably lumps you under the "dumb enough to hang out with that idiot" regardless XD
jjCuSj.png
Bronwyn Moony
WCMB | midwife | R '82
rep 7 | unattached

Friends: Win is super easy to get along with. Outside of work she's outgoing and fun! Other WC peeps around her age would make for good friends for her! Or MC friends from school.

Hurls: Winnie is bisexual and has had past flings with both men and women. She's flirtatious and likes to push the boundaries of a conversation. Post-break up sex or flings would be great. BRING ON YOUR REBOUNDS.

Pregnant Ladies: Need a midwife? She's your gal! Get at me for past deliveries as well if you want!

Isolde Glynn
DP Social & Gossip
WCHB | S droput | rep 8 | unattached

Though she lives on the farm at the Glen, she spends a lot of time in London and sometimes Hogsmeade covering social events! She thinks herself a bit of a matchmaker and she pays really close attention even when it doesn't look like that's what she's doing. She can be a little naive about the wider world and blabs important information occasionally, but who doesn't?

Friends: Izzy was a Slytherin from 1885-1890 and left after OWLS. She was a known gossip, but never intentionally malicious. She's easy to talk to and likes to talk. She can keep a secret if expressly asked of her but it takes a lot of willpower, so tread lightly there. Flirtatious and charming, she's persuasive and knows how to bat her eyelashes to get what she wants.

Hurls: A hopeless romantic, Iz wants to be swept off her feet. I want drama, as per usual. She'd like MCAB 25+, but obviously should settle for WC. Y'all know me, the less proper, the better XD She could easily be taken advantage of and get wrapped up to some bad decisions.

Co-Workers: Anybody at the paper! She dabbles in photography too and would like to get better at it. She publishes articles under the penname "Lola Sterling" and answers to Lola as well, as it was a childhood nickname.

Socialites: Want some paper coverage? Hit a girl up!

Middle Class

Daffodil Grimstone
MCHB | shop owner/florist
R'88 | rep 7 | married

Daff could use some girlfriends! Gimme her gal pals! Open to more than just what's suggested.

She needs also needs staff (in that same ad) for the shop in Diagon Alley! MC/WC ladies between 17-25ish I would say! Like working with flowers? MC and just want something to do with your day? Hit me up!

Still would love for people to give the Pottses at large a hard time about Zinnia's wedding!

Eugene Scamander
MCPB | beast division | H '80
rep 8 | unattached

First of all, dude needs friends! School friends, other MC dudes around his age who like to have a good time outside of work and are fairly social.

Work: Eugene got a promotion to the AH in his department, so he's generally around for any and all creature-related nonsense! He's just not as fast as he used to be.

He's currently closed on the romance department, will revisit this summer.

Quincey Honeyduke
MCMB | sweets proprietor | H '75
rep 8 | married

A very successful businessman mostly by sheer luck, Quin lives and breathes sweets. He's at the shop before dawn and there until clean up is done. He's a charms genius with a sense of humor and many of his candies have a twist to them. Now he's happily married and trying to navigate this new course in his life. People that know him should get in his business!

Patrons: who frequent the shop will know him and he will likely return the favor; he's always there. Please say hi!

Friends: dude can use more bros around his age/station to hang out with. He likely also knows other business owners on High Street!

Alvin Bixby
MCHB | artist | R '85
rep 8 | unattached

Background | I'm still trying to mostly work him through open threads, but do want to know if he's got connections!

Patrons | Alvin's only saving grace right now is art and he's pretty good at it. Portraits are his forte, but he'll do just about anything requested as long as it's painting!

Friends | Gents around his age, he's pretty easygoing, but a little reclusive since the accident. People from Hogwarts who may or may not have noticed a change in his demeanor. He had a promising broommaking career (+Bixby) so may know a lot of quidditch peeps as well!

Hurls | Open for legitimately anything. I'm going to throw up a whole bunch of open threads. Alvin isn't super open to this idea, but Idgaf what he wants. Would love to completely develop this IC!

Elsie Kirke
MCHB | librarian | G '84
rep 7 | married

Friends: Elsie can always use fellow nerd friends. She needs other MC mom friends!
jjCSEc.png
Harvey Beauregard
MCHB | DMGaS Employee | H'85
rep 8 | unattached

Backstory: Harvey is mid-existential crisis after having lost Owen in August. He is the sole remaining male in the Beauregard family and he has Feelings about it. (At least in his immediate household, it's not like he has male cousins or anything.) He recently switched jobs in the summer of 1891 and decided to get on the Ministry fast track with the long-term goal of some day running the DMGaS. He has extensive knowledge of the quidditch world and has his sights on Quidditch League Director for his short-term goal.

Friends: Harvey was a Hufflepuff from 1878-1885 where he served as quidditch commentator, prefect and Head Boy after his cousin Sebastian. He's very amiable, knowledgeable and both book and street smart. He hung around with Andren Lovegood, Nate Wilde and August Lynch primarily, but would have had a wide friend base. He also has industry connections out the wazoo!

Ladies: Though in the back of his mind, and he is still young, Harvey feels and immense pressure to marry by 30 and marry well. What this means for him, he has no idea, but as he's only 25, he's not technically hurlable, but sort of, as he's made good money in the past and was pretty smart with it. He does have a little family drama with Elsie's elopement and his sister Adella has been married with no kids for several years now, but those are society problems he has little time for. They are relevant though!

Harvey would be looking for a MCAB lass between 18 and 24. I am looking for ANYTIHNG dramatic haha.

Dean Hudson
Dept. of Intn'l Coop Translator
MCPB | G'83 | rep 8 | unattached

Backstory: This guy. He's a ployglot with a thirst for travel and experiences. He did as much as he could in the months after graduating before settling into a job that allows him to do both still, though the travel not as often as he would like. He's fluent in several languages and learning more. He's pretty good at them and very comfortable flirting in all of them.

Friends: Anybody around his age/station/occupation that would know him from Hogwarts or the Ministry. He's gregarious and hardworking and takes his job seriously. At school he was adventurous and chatty, easy to work with and hang out with!

Hurls: Male or female, around his age/younger for the ladies, around his age/older for the gents. Approaching 30 he's being looked at to settle down and start a family soon, but he's not too sure about that. He's a bit of a commitment-phobe, but hey why settle? #thrupplegoals #polyshipping

Co-Workers: Could realistically be anybody at the ministry that has international aspects!

Jack Collins
Healer-in-Charge, Creature-Induced Injuries, Hogsmeade Hospital
MCHB | G'75 | rep 8 | widowed

Backstory: Jaaaaaack has an interesting history, he got involved with a young deb a few years back and wound up eloping shortly after. The marriage produced one son (Hogwarts firstie!) and then tragedy when his late wife lost her life in a miscarriage with their second child. Jack hasn't quite been the same since, but with Emerson off to Hogwarts this September, Jack is starting to feel old and lonely and is wondering if he should think about remarrying.

Friends: Jack was once an outgoing, charismatic sort of guy, but has lost the enthusiasm of his youth. Friends would be around his age, or in his profession, who will pull him out to be social, or don't mind him being the quiet one.

Ladies: Lonely as he is, Jack has always been hesitant to get back out there and instead focused on being a dad and in furthering his career. His world has revolved around Emerson for eight years and now he's starting to wonder if it's even worth it. Ideally he would like a lady who is MCAB, 25+, they can work, don't have to, but someone who would mesh well with not only his lifestyle, but his son as well. I'm down for drama, as always, but he probably won't go for a fresh-faced debutante who could theoretically be his kid XD

Employees/Co-Workers: You'll know Jack as a dependable, somewhat-approachable, no-nonsense sort of guy who takes his work seriously and is pretty good at it.

Greer Owens
MCHB | seamstress | Australian
rep 7 | unattached

Greer and her sister are imports from Australia. Second cousins to the Greengrass family, she and Lorelei have settled into Hogsmeade after the loss of their parents in 1893. They lived with the Greengrass fam until February of 1894 when Ford got married. They had planned to find their own spot anyway, that just expedited the process.

Friends: girl could use some new friends! Likely WC/MC who can handle her ~spicy attitude.

Hurls: DYING for an enemies-to-lovers plot here! She's feisty and can easy piss people off. Could also go grumpy-sunshine, where she's the grump lol. So very open for IC chemistry.

Upper Class

Sadie Sinclair
UCPB | homeschooled | debutante
rep 8 | sort-of-attached

Sadie is a temporary transplant to Hogsmeade for the time being. She suffers from long-term memory loss and chronic headaches. Relate to the Algernon Rowle family via his sister, she's a energetic, outgoing girl who just wants to experience more of the world.

She looks an awful lot like one Sloane Bixby, but she doesn't know that, though you might see Sloane in there >D

Friends: New ones of the UC set who wouldn't mind that she's a little flaky. She has the best of intentions! Old ones, get at me too!

Hogwarts

Mason Skeeter
MCHB | herbology professor & hufflepuff hoh
H'75 | rep 8 | unattached

The only child of a formidable widow, Mason has always had a strong female influence in his life. He fell in love with herbology at school and it quickly became his passion in life and has led him on lots of adventures before he came back to Hogsmeade to settle down at the school.

Friends; broooos around his age/from school/MC working men who are more social than he is to pull him out of his shell.

Ladies; MC (possibly WC) ladies who are younger than he is (as long as he never had them as a student), can get past his nerdy and awkward tendencies. Pretty open.

Students do you love his class? Hate it? Need help in it? Get at meeee.

Phineas Black
UCPB | hogwarts headmaster | S'66
rep 10 | married (ugh)

Phineas doesn't really do friends per ce, but he could use some like-minded, UCPB men around his age to bitch about life with.

He's grumpy af and hard to find outside his office, but I really would like student interactions because hi, I live to torture him and he would really, really dislike having to actually interact with the children in his charge. Hogwarts staff interactions as well please!

I'm also open to an emotional affair. Said lady would likely be early-mid 20s and unlike Ursula in every way. UCPB a must, but other than that largely open for the right person!
-----
stats

blurb

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
Updates | March 2024

Currently Seeking! Alright I think I'm back in a good groove for a bit, so I'm looking for some general things and then more specific plot hooks. I'm especially interested if we don't have any threads together or haven't gotten into any deeper plots ever or in a while!

Generally
  • Daff is off in honeymoon land will be back in town in early April. Still looking for more Gal Pals even if they don't fit exactly what I have listed there! Also looking for store employees, two shop assistants and probably shortly a manager!
  • Elsie is pretty set, but could get into some charity work? Children's literacy perhaps? She's preggers with #3 but doesn't quite know that yet haha.
  • Winnie is looking for a rebound, how that goes is so wide open it's not even funny! She's currently flirting with Lena Scamander, but could use a good FWB situation too.
  • Alvin despite his enthusiasm for getting back into brooms, things are going slow and he's starting to second guess himself about how much failure he can take. He's also still dealing with some Feelings about Zinnia's marriage. Could use some bro threads.
  • Harvey is looking for work threads or anything really, more bros, more hurling, very open!
  • Jack similar to Harvey, hospital stuff, bros, hurling options!
  • Mason survived the snow storm, but barely. I really am ready to ax murder him, so somebody please gimme something, anything.
  • Quin is enjoying married life and expecting baby #1, I love threads in the shop or bro threads for him.
  • Rhys I would love some wedding fallout stuff! Give him a hard time, please!
  • Sadie is set for the moment, her plot is moving along somewhat nicely, could use more UC friends though!

Specifically
  • Dean though he has too many threads, I'm looking in earnest for a polyship situation for him. He would make an excellent third for an established couple, or we could start from scratch! He would vibe with a M/M/F or M/F/F situation (not sure if those are the right terms, but google sort of failed me). He's a little wishy-washy on complete commitment, but I would like to explore this further! I'd like for this to be done respectfully obviously, so let's chat about options!
  • Eugene looking for work things! Also potentially ready to start a real slow burn romance. I have a specific idea here if it piques your interest or you have a character muse that would fit the parameters; MC, early-mid 20s, white, works a specific job. I have about 18 months before this becomes an urgent matter if I want to get him married and to point where Newt can be born on time IC lol.
  • Greer is not interested but I am... in a enemies-to-lovers or grumpy/sunshine romance hook, formed IC pending the other character! I can really see her with someone who is equally as grumpy or some golden retriever boy who can put up with her Moods.
  • Izzy is desperate for romance, real or not. She wants to be swept off her feet and I'm here for any kind of fallout. Looking for something super inappropriate, wrong class, already married, etc. Just using her to get under her skirts? Great, I love that, gimme those repercussions. Genuinely think she's not as annoying as she is but your gent is UC and not sure how to go about it? Also love that, but the more inappropriate the match the better. ALSO society things! Want her to cover your wedding or event for the paper? Let me know!

Thinking Ahead toward summer for the following. Some are intense hurls and some are because I'll have more time/energy to post and I miss them! If any of them strike your fancy reach out so we can start thinking ahead or if we need to do some legwork before hand they could be revived earlier!
  • Nigel Yarwood will be back in June, plot established. Will need bros tho.
  • Claudius Lestrange will be out of mourning and will be looking for a new UCPB (or MCPB) wife to remarry. He's sort of delicate, but I do want to invest in hurling him this summer.
  • Beckett Longbottom more chaotic hurling and less serious, but he's in his 30s now and it's time he settled down, this can go so many ways, I'm open!
  • Sydney Podmore is a also a potential return. He's getting up there and I miss having things to do with the zoo, so I could be persuaded here with the right hooks. He's an either/or with Beckett, don't need both!
  • Angie Swan will be back in town for her general shenanigans, but I would love threads with any of Cash's peripherals! May also injure her to the point of needing new work, so she can stick around more permanently. Would like to explore romance in there somewhere, but less necessary, she's a hard sell sometimes. A FWB situation would be good for her though!
  • Victoire Malfoy will need to get her plots up and running again, Anthony Alderton let's chat!

The following 1 user Likes Daffodil Grimstone's post:
   Elias Grimstone

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
For now -
Alvin/Hanna???
I feel like we have talked about many things lol

For future -
Sera/Claude plz
aaaaangie

The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone

MJ made this!