Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

*N/A*
Lonely Plots
Lonely Plots

Have you got a grand idea for a plot but need a role (or roles) filled in before it can really take off? Post below describing the sort of character you need, your intention for them, and, if possible, how many threads you might require! 

For example:

Quote:Wanted for Jeremy Rohlwing: a potioneer he can pay to brew an (unsuccessful) Eyesight-Improving Potion for him. MC/LC AB, professional or amateur, does not have to be reputable. Estimated 1-3 threads. Contact MJ by Skype.

You can be as vague or as detailed as you like!  Requests for specific characters to be created must instead be posted in plottable characters. This thread is intended only to recruit existing characters into your schemes.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact Ursula Black, Aldous Crouch, Cassius Lestrange, Elias Grimstone or Philomena Sprout with any questions, issues, or concerns.

A more well off (mc/uc) male friend that likes to test George's innate inability to say no to things by dragging him places, I.e brothels, random portkey trips, parties, etc.

Ideal character would have been friends with George since their Hogwarts days as George would feel even more unable to decline requests.
still seeking as of November 17, 2022

S E E K I N G
Unattached man of means for a 3+ thread commitment. No older than two and thirty.

So this is theoretically hurling, but does not need to have a romantic outcome. May be mildly traumatic, but will not cause any physical harm and probably no reputational harm. Potential endings:

• Eudora and [Man] fall in love and get married!
  • Eudora and [Man] become really close friends because of shared experiences!
  • Eudora and [Man] never see each other again once this resolves!
  • Eudora and [Man] hate each other but are forced together repeatedly!
I will not go in-depth here, but this came to me while I was driving and listening to this on repeat which should give you a bit of the vibe and possibly hint some details.

Still seeking August 23rd!

beauty set by mj!
I am seeking to have Wally Bixby make grief induced Ill-Advised Romantic Decisions, if you have a gal aged 16-19 that you would like to see swept up in a whirlwind romance, hurl them at me. No end game in mind (aside from a bit of scandal) but obviously, chemistry and whether he would actually like your character is of import (aka no sloane haters, purists and such xD).

The following 1 user Likes Wallace Bixby's post:
   Alvin Bixby

wally has extensive burn scars on the right side of his upper body (including his face and over his right eye) and the lower part of his left leg is missing.
During the sorting, there was a bit of a hiccup right after Penelope got sorted. She sort of had a brief meltdown right after getting sorted. Right next to the sorting hat. Briefly disrupting the sorting. What I want? For the poor firstie that is alphabetically after her to be played and to possibly either feel awkward around her or to totally resent her for disrupting their own sorting. Given that Valenduris is fairly far down the line (rn, she's the last in the alphabet to get sorted as far as I can find) means that it can be anyone that has yet not been created yet. There are a couple of characters that have no last names in the incoming firsties list, or the character can be freshly made. Either way, it would be fun to see them played!

While this can be at any time during her first year — still fresh, all the more fun! — it would be even cooler if they could react before getting sorted themselves in the ceremony!

Magic by Athena
THE CAPTAIN'S LEGACY

Captain Errol Peppersmith was Alfred's mentor and personal hero. He managed the 'consulting Navy' Alfred joined after Hogwarts and the leader of the Sycorax expedition, which he did not survive. When he was declared dead in 1882, his belongings were passed to a relative, who had exactly zero interest in all things nautical and left everything in a Gringott's vault, untouched. The recent death of that relative has seen the vault pass to — you!

Captain Peppersmith himself was an upper or middle class wizard, so your character should be the sort who might reasonably have a U/MC wizarding branch, but otherwise this is wide open. There are a few ways this plot could go, so what's actually in the vault is TBD. But since Alfred considers himself the spiritual successor of Captain Peppersmith, he certainly wants whatever it is...

The following 2 users Like J. Alfred Darrow's post:
   Gus Lissington, Isis Silverthorne

MJ made the most Alfredy of sets and then two years later she made it EVEN BETTER
I'm not saying I would kill for an open-ended Enemies-to-Lovers (or friends? or she kills him? or she skips off back to Australia carrying his baby? orrrr?) for Greer, but I might do some shady shit.

Could be an existing character, because that's probably easier, but I won't say no to somebody using her on-screen Winchesters husband Drake Roger either, because their pic spam is absolutely lovely.

Oh yeah, ACAB, probably 25+? I'm really not picky, at all, actually. The messier, the better.

The following 1 user Likes Greer Owens's post:
   Basil Foxwood

[Image: GreerSig.png]
PRINCESSES ON PARADE
One or more Determined Debutantes
As of mid-December, Roberto has been in partial mourning. As a man these aspects now apply to him:
  • He cannot attend or host balls, card nights, and other such evening indulgences but he can now attend dinner parties, fundraisers, and their ilk. He can also now go to the park and go shopping~ so much more thread opportunities for the persistent Debutante to take advantage of.
  • Paying and receiving calls are both socially acceptable — does your debutante have a brother/uncle/father/etc who could find an excuse to call on Roberto and bring along said debutante for the purpose of hoping she catches his eye?
  • As quoted from the mourning doc: With the exception of a widow, it is now acceptable to discreetly spend time with others for the purpose of matrimony.

I make no promises of how things go because he truly loved his wife but as an UC man with a young son, Roberto knows he is kind of obligated to remarry. I also just really want to have these threads. Things could be a dumpster fire, turn into a slowburn, who knows!

Said debutantes should be 20+, UCAB but MCAB is not completely off the table!

Not for Tycho but for generally almost any of my hurlable and emotionally available characters:

I am once again, sending out a beacon for a whirlwind romance that is a courtship ending in marriage where everything happens in only a couple short months before the pair even really get to know one another.

I blame this song.

The following 1 user Likes Tycho Dodonus's post:
   Grace Greengrass

FOR ENDY

Have you ever wanted your male character to be stuck in a vortex of sexual confusion? Want them to discover their non-heterosexuality in a way thats fun for a Kit? Just think this would be fun despite your character already having banged half the ton? If your character fits in then hit me up!

I am in desire of a series of thread where

-- 1) your male character meets and is attracted to Endy while Endy is outfitted to look like a woman (he is androgynous and confusing gender-wise even in his own clothes... so.)
-- 2) they then meet again where Endy is in his own clothes. Does your character cotton on? Decide that these are just two very similar looking people he has met and finds himself attracted to? Possibly more threads could occur, up to us.
-- 3) But ultimately, your character comes to realize 'the woman' and Endy are one and the same.

Ideally, this would double as affair hurling because I like a dramatic, angsty romance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fortitude Greengrass
November 23, 2023 – 4:51 AM
View a Printable Version