Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Lonely Plots

Handsome has a serious lack of...men...in his life. Okay, so he's got a few, but most of them are quidditch buddies, drinking buddies, or both - and none of those will work for this plot :P

Whether you like the movie or not, The Greatest Showman has a catchy af soundtrack that has the unfortunate side-effect of giving me plot ~ideas at a time when I probably shouldn't be trying to articulate my thoughts.

Okay, so here's the actual idea now that I'm done rambling:
    Handsome is a recent Hogwarts graduate with no direction in life, so naturally he followed his friends into the quidditch field. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have the same passion as the others, so even if he was good enough to climb to first string, it's not a job he's likely to stay in past his early twenties. At the same time, though, he feels like he has to be useful - whatever he means by that (I haven't figured it out yet).

Your character is a MCAB gentleman 28+ (preferably 35+, but I'll take what I can get~) who's one of the following: a failing businessman, a budding businessman, or just a Dude With An Idea who has very little funds to turn that idea into a business. Their product/idea is either considered unprofitable, weird/eccentric, "too ahead of the times", etc. - anything that would turn away experienced business investors, but not so awful that it would turn off an eighteen-year-old with too much money on his hands.

(Can you see where I'm going with this? Yay/Nay?)

OBVIOUSLY the plot will be based around the characters themselves - their personalities, their dynamic, etc. - so I'm not going to flesh out a full plot that might not fit either one of them in the end. I've been looking for something for Handsome that doesn't revolve around being a recovering alcoholic so...plot with me? :P

[-] The following 1 user Likes Handsome Whitledge's post:
   Elsie Beauregard

this MJ set has killed me and sent me straight to heaven
Post Log

OKAY so at the Aphrodite Soiree, Inès Valentine told Edric that his soulmate was an "exotic beauty" - only Edric doesn't really know any women that could be described like that. Because of this, he disregarded it as a sham and ran back off to February Lynch, not wanting to stir up any drama where he perceives there to be none.

... Except there will be, because I need some reason to stir up shit between Febric again.

So here's the plan:
    Your character is an ACAB woman who could be described as "exotic" (which, in Offensive Victorian Terms, is basically a pretty non-white or noticeably non-British woman). She's unmarried, probably between the ages of 20-30, and could reasonably get along with Edric enough to thread with him more than once.
Here's some general ~ideas for how I feel this could go:
  • Your character gets into a situation where an auror presence is required, and Edric "saves" her (or at least gives the appearance of it). This either: (1) makes its way into the Daily Prophet or (2) draws the attention of the rumor mills. This amuses me because that is how Febric started and it could strike a chord.
  • They have natural chemistry and Edric can't get the thought of Inès' "prophecy" out of his mind. He begins to obsessively worried that she's the "soulmate" who's destined to tear him and Febby apart, and in doing so convinces himself that he does like her when he really doesn't.
While there isn't a solid end game in mind, I don't expect this to be anything permanent. (Key word 'expect', because one time Febric broke themselves up without Bee or I's consent. It was awful.)

This could be an existing or new character, but if it's the latter I'd rather her have some other purpose than just this plot (family adoptable, another plot on top of this one, etc.)

set by MJ!
Post Log

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lonely Threads Charming 21 11,123 11 hours ago
Last Post: Prudence Browne
  Adoptable Plots Charming 10 1,398 September 2, 2018 – 4:42 PM
Last Post: Ernest Mulciber