Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Firing Squad
April 12th, 1888 — Castle Grounds, Hogwarts
Nathan Blackwall

There had never been a time where Holly wasn't a toxic person, but she'd proved completely volatile in the past twenty-four hours. Her usual bid to answer as many questions in possible in class had been replaced with brooding silence, she'd ignored anyone she didn't wish to bark at. Anyone (apart from professors) who had forced her into conversation had been met with death glare, and even her dorm-mates had known better than to engage her in the smallest of small-talk.

In short, Holly was pissed.

She was still brooding over having lost five points — a small, seemingly insignificant number, but one that had a lot of meaning considering what had caused it — because of a mudblood's antics.

Following her Defence Against the Dark Arts class, Holly was in the courtyard, preparing to study for Herbology before she had to make her way to the courtyard. She'd been on her own with that subject since her falling out with Pippy Potts, but whatever. It was only when she rounded a corner that the mudblood came back to her thoughts.

Speak of the devil.

After momentarily pondering on the appropriate way to approach him, the only thing that came to mind was the twelve-year-old, upper class girl equivalent of fuck it. From a good fifteen feet away, Holly raised her wand and sent sparks — just enough to spook him — in his direction before physically moving towards him, a murderous glare plastered on her face.

Oh, she definitely had a bone to pick with this one.

set by MJ <3
Nathan watched as the girl from before, Miss Scrimgeour if he remembered correctly, rounded the corner and upon seeing him raised her wand. The sparks that burst forth shot past his right side, followed by the shorter girl storming right up to him. Nathan quirked an eyebrow as she had, yet again shot a spell at him from nowhere. He was beginning to wonder if magical Upper Class families were taught the same etiquette as muggle Upper Class families. It is generally considered rather rude to do such things. He mentally shrugged and clasped his hands casually behind his back and gave her a genuine smile. "Good evening Miss Scrimgeour."

The boy was definitely taller than she, but Holly didn't remember the last time that had stopped her from going after someone. The boy's reaction was as equally infuriating as his mere presence; he didn't seem to care that she'd come to murder him. Before she tried raising her wand again, she did have enough sense to look and make sure there were no prefects nor professors in plain view of the duo before moving even closer.

"It will be a good evening once I've offed you, mudblood," she hissed, stepping up so she was less than two feet in front of him. She raised her wand so it was pointed towards his chest in a threatening manner, though she made no further attempt to cast anything at him. "You obviously have no idea who you've crossed. I'm a Scrimgeour and I will hurt you, so wipe that cheeky smile off your face this instant — you look ridiculous, anyways."

set by MJ <3
Ironically, his wand hand was now clasped around his own wand behind him. While he suspected she would attempt to hex him, or attempt some other petty revenge, her words and tone showed just how unstable to girl was. He felt a sudden warmth seeping into his hand, and his heart which for a moment had started to race, slowed as calmness filled him. He spoke softly but firmly. "Miss Scrimgeour, the course of action you seem to be pursuing would be unwise." His smile became a wry one suddenly, "Two on one was rather fun actually." His tone was much quieter now.

Both his words and tone sounded like he was challenging her, and anyone who knew Holly knew that a challenge was the surest way to assure sure did something. Scrunching up her nose, she pressed the tip of her wand into his rib-cage.

"Your lack of self-preservation should appall me, but it doesn't; you obviously have no idea what magic is capable of." It was true. Mudbloods were always clueless about how powerful one simple spell might be! They always thought being magical — being special compared to their useless muggle relatives — made them high and almighty.

She threateningly poked her wand deeper into the cushion of his torso, her brows raised in a challenge.

"You will get me my points back somehow. You can get down on your knees and beg Madam Sykes to give the back. You can let a Slytherin clean up your sorry mistakes. You can give a Slytherin credit if you ever manage to achieve something. I don't care," she hissed. "But you will get them back."

set by MJ <3
"Naturally, I will always give credit where credit is due. Threats are not needed for that." He said, his voice not changing. However his heart was starting to race, not from fear, but from exhilaration. Oddly it seemed to not come from him, but from it's wand. He always had to hold the power it held in check but it seemed to almost have a mind of its own, the magic within welling and beginning to course through his veins. He barely was keeping it in check, the threat of another's wand pressed against his chest seemed to be setting it off.

Narrowing her eyes, Holly jabbed him once more before stepping backwards.

"As long as we understand each other," she said, lowering her wand. "Do know, mudblood, that I have friends — and they'll be watching you. You'd do best to do as I say, lest you end up falling victim to a few... accidents," she added coolly, before turning around and beginning in the opposite direction.

set by MJ <3

View a Printable Version