Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Lynn Read Too Many Shirley Jackson Novels
Yeep blaming this on We Have Always Lived In The Castle

Here is a character I plan to make. You can read/skim that if you want details, but the gist of it is: Kate is 16 and has been living abroad for the past 9 years, after the Ministry issued a warrant for her father's arrest in a mass murder case.

I wrote a Lizzie-Borden-esque children's song in relation to it because that was clearly an essential part of character development:
Show

Kate is going to be moving to England soon so that her younger brother can attend Hogwarts in the fall. Why am I telling you this? Because I need someone else to get on board in order to shape this plot and make it everything it could be.

Mathias Russell (first name flex) needs to be played. He is 10/11 and set to attend Hogwarts this upcoming fall. I'm picturing him as Zackary Arthur but whatever face you want is fine. He is currently mostly unaware of his family's notoriety and Kate wants to shield him from all of that if possible but spoiler alert, that's not going to happen.

Other people that could be played, depending on which direction things go:
Thomas Russell (name flex) - lives in Morocco and intends to stay there, but now that he's sending his children abroad the aurors could try to stage some sort of event to lure him back into the country to arrest him.

That plot avenue would also require aurors (already played would be preferred but if you really want to make a new one be my guest).

Pauline Davis (name flex) - divorced her husband after he fled to Morocco and now has some sort of spinster-esque occupation, like playing governess to her sisters' kids, being a live-in companion for an older relative, or doing something matronly. Has a poor reputation due to her husband's notoriety and her divorce. Her family basically pretends her marriage never happened and doesn't acknowledge that her children exist, so she hasn't had any contact with them since they left for Morocco - but obviously that would change if someone played her!

Other family members - on either side; everyone who lives in England and is related to Kate's family has disowned them to try and salvage their own reputations, but some of them might be conflicted about it. With a bit of retconning, these could be existing characters; I'm willing to change any of the names in my profile to fit! but their surname has to be two syllables otherwise my nursery rhyme will break

Extant relations of the Coopers (the murdered family). Can also be existing characters with a bit of retconning, and I can change the Coopers' surname to anything you like that fits my rhythm scheme.

Guardian - since Kate is only 16, and her younger brother is 10/11, they need an adult to stay in the house with them in England. This person/persons would be paid a large sum of money to basically just live there and occasionally walk around with the kids to go shopping for school supplies and stuff like that. Someone of good rep is preferable but beggars can't be choosers. Existing characters are fine if you're willing to take a rep ding for associating with them!

Solicitor - in charge of doling out the kids' allowance from their father and managing the house/etc in England; may take a rep ding for associating with them and will probably take some heat from the aurors for enabling a mass murderer. This solicitor could have been hired under somewhat sketchy circumstances - ie they received a letter from 'Mr. R' regarding doling out allowances for his kids while he was detained abroad, agreed to do it, and found out only after their arrival that Mr. R was that Mr. R.

Sweetheart - not at all required, but since the Russells are on the very wealthy end of MC (all that murder pillaging, yo) and Kate is kind of sheltered/young/naive, someone might try to take advantage of her for her money and I would enjoy playing that out >D Could be a ~secret thing if you prefer, but you should probably be open to a rep ding if it ever comes out.

And, of course, plenty of haters.

Have other ideas for directions this plotline could go? I'm all ears! I would probably be making her in a month or so but might do sooner if there's enthusiasm.

The following 3 users Like Ophelia Devine's post:
   Acacia Darlington, Cassius Lestrange, Elsie Kirke
I might make the brother, but I want to get used to my school schedule first (which starts on the seventh, so not too far away). I love getting used to firsties before they start Hogwarts, and this sounds fun!

The following 1 user Likes Acacia Darlington's post:
   Ophelia Devine

Magic by Elaine!

I could offer up Richard for someone to stick his nose into other people's business/he'd feel bad for the kids.

The following 3 users Like Richard Addle's post:
   Acacia Darlington, Aldous Crouch, Ophelia Devine
The Browns via Monet Brown are pretty open familial wise if a guardian wants to be made there. They could even have a tie to the Russell fam and be a direct line potential.

I'll also have a Spinster Prof who lives with her mother while not at school whose maiden name is open. She could be tied in as well and they can be guardians to an extent.

The following 1 user Likes Fortuna Bixby's post:
   Ophelia Devine

Another Glorious MJ Set!
[Image: xy6Q4W.png]
(January 4, 2019 – 1:22 AM)Richard Addle Wrote:  I could offer up Richard for someone to stick his nose into other people's business/he'd feel bad for the kids.

Oooo, he'd have a professional interest in them too most likely, since their dad still has an open warrant for his area. If love a thread once I make her. Maybe he could come to the house to talk with them?

The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Devine's post:
   Richard Addle
(January 4, 2019 – 1:40 AM)Ophelia Devine Wrote:  
(January 4, 2019 – 1:22 AM)Richard Addle Wrote:  I could offer up Richard for someone to stick his nose into other people's business/he'd feel bad for the kids.

Oooo, he'd have a professional interest in them too most likely, since their dad still has an open warrant for his area. If love a thread once I make her. Maybe he could come to the house to talk with them?

For sure!

Here's your thread, Immy!

And Kate is open for more interactions if anyone wants one!

(January 4, 2019 – 1:49 AM)Richard Addle Wrote:  
(January 4, 2019 – 1:40 AM)Ophelia Devine Wrote:  

For sure!

(Richard should also come talk to August Echelon-Arnost he's the solicitor handling their dad's funds and he is extremely prickly with attorney-client privilege and authority!)

MJ made this!
And I'm game for all the things with Isaac!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Percival Adlard
February 19, 2022 – 1:12 PM
Last Post by Roberto Devine
September 27, 2021 – 8:17 PM
View a Printable Version