Charming
The Diary of Avril - Printable Version

+- Charming (https://charmingrp.com)
+-- Forum: IC - Extras (https://charmingrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Quill & Ink (https://charmingrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=102)
+---- Forum: Journals (https://charmingrp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Thread: The Diary of Avril (/showthread.php?tid=3063)

The Diary of Avril - Avril Lukeson - December 19, 2018

19 December, 1888
The year is almost over. I hope next year goes much better. Would that be to much to ask? No death. At all? I don't think this family could handle losing someone else. We lost Leory, Mother, and Father within a year. I want to make better decisions next year; I don't want all the work i've done in the last few months to go to waste because I got hit with another rebellious streak.

I want to learn to trust whatever visions I have - since I haven't gotten one since before the expedition, and I've had to live with them my whole life. I stopped listening to them after Leroy's death. Maybe if I had payed them their do's... No, our parents would probably still be dead. Mother probably would've died earlier, if i'd had a vision of Father dying.

I still want to learn to tell which visions are true and which ones are not, next year. That will be by goals: Not mess up anymore than I already have, and learn to not think of my visions as pests.

Note: Avril does write in her Diary every day, but Ocean is lazy and hasn't managed to keep up. Pretend nothing exciting happened on the missing days!

RE: The Diary of Avril - Avril Lukeson - February 2, 2019

February 1, 1889
Mother is alive? Or, possibly alive. And Ace didn't think to tell me – before the Prophet decided to write something about it? He is lucky that I don't have an inkling to have more etiquette lessons, or else I would probably hit him. Why would anyone lie about her dying? After we had just lost Father. That could not have been the reason for her be have been kidnapped. Or for a ransom to have been demanded.

I refuse to even hope that she is alive. She has been gone from our lives for nearly a year. Until I can see her, speak to her, then she isn't alive.

On top of everything else that is happening in my life! Why, Aunt Jade, just last month, informed me that I was to be married to Mr. Warwick Nott. Without giving me an option to say no! I do not want to be – especially not into a purist family! I do not even know the man, and I do not want to know him! I think I must talk to Regina about this. About all of it.

Avril Nott, can you imagine! I aught to nott get married to him!

RE: The Diary of Avril - Avril Lukeson - February 10, 2019

February 2, 1889
I spoke with Regina today. She didn't have much advice for me. Not that she could have given much, there isn't a whole lot that I can change about what my life is going to be like for the rest of it (unless Mr. Nott dies. Which I hope he does).

Ace recieved another letter from the mysterious Claus U. Skelton, only this time with some blood. As if that were proof of life for our mother. I still believe it is all just a cruel joke and Mom can't possibly be alive.

RE: The Diary of Avril - Avril Lukeson - September 5, 2019

Febuary 8, 1889
I stand corrected. Mother is alive! I wonder how she is going to respond when she finds out Aunt Jade had betrothed me to a purist. Mum appears to be healthy, well, as healthy as one be after a year away from ones family and held hostage for just as long. It'd probably be best if I wait a few weeks before telling her about how I'm to be married by midsummer.

King, Jolie, and Sybille are coming home to spend time with Mother before they have to return to Hogwarts. I hope they're taking the news better than I did.

RE: The Diary of Avril - Avril Lukeson - February 7, 2021

October 31, 1890
I still can't believe that Warwick was killed by a vampire, and the same one that killed him made me – by accident – into one of the undead. It's hard to imagine that, shortly after waking up for the last time, I gave Warwick's parents my son to raise.